Discuss [How to] put ringtones of anylength on your iphone at the Tools - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by SBouri
doesnt work on 1.1.1 song doesnt play but is listed....
Ghost in the Machine
If using windows make sure that once it's in your iPhone you check it's filename. You have to tell windows to show extensions of known file types. Whenever I rename without windows showing known file extensions they become 'example.m4r.m4a' so that is probably happening to you too.
Originally Posted by SBouri
:iphone: + :hack: =
If you ever need any help, check out this thread
, or PM me
Originally Posted by Doktaphex
windows is showin the extention..but still is quiet when trying to play through the phone
I have some simple way for full lenght RINGTONES upload to your iphone
Step 1 : Download iphone browser from
1) First go into iTunes preferences and ensure that your Import settings create AAC files.
2) Find the song you want as a ringtone and start playing it, once it reaches the desired starting point for your ringtone pause the song and note the number of minutes and seconds into the song you are.
3) Right-click the song in iTunes and select 'Get Info'
4) Under the options tab, check off 'Start Time' and insert the time you noted before.
5) Hit OK, then play the song, if it's starting too soon, add a second or more to the start time, if starting too late subtract some time. Make sure it's perfect before moving on to step 6. (Also, you can indicate tenths, hundredths, or even thousandths of a second by adding a decimal point after the time, for example: 2:12.562 to really fine tune the start time.)
6) If you want the song to play through after starting, skip to step 7, otherwise find the point where you want your ringtone to loop back to start, and add this time to the 'Stop Time' field as you did with the start time.
7) Once your ringtone sounds perfect, right click the song and select 'Convert Selection to AAC'
8) After the song finishes converting, go back into the options of your source music file and uncheck Start and Stop times.
9) Play your new AAC ringtone, trimmed to size!
Remember the file needs to be renamed from .m4a to .m4r before moving it to the iPhone.
Step 3 :
Use iphone browser 1.5.2
for 1.1.2 or earlier version, go to folder > var/ringtones
for 1.1.3 an 1.1. 4 go to folder > library/ringtones
and simply drag those converted .m4r file into that folder.
just make sure they are .m4r
been racking my noggin trying to figure out how to add my traxx as tones. finally found this thread. hellz yeah. thank you led_tronics, pininfarina & all those who have updated. for posting and clearing this up. works great. using 1.1.4 with iPhone Browser
4.0.1 Fully PWNED.
updated first post to show how to do customs msg tones
Last edited by led_tronics; 04-18-2008 at 01:50 PM.
iphone browser canot locate..library/ringtones. have you sucsessfully jailbreak. is the eroe message i got, when i tried to do this
I used Ziphone but it cant have jailbroken it as iphonebrowser says its not jailbroken
So now what do I do?
Thanks Led_Tronics for summin in up.
Ringtone works like a charm.
Can't seem to get sms alert to work though, maybe cause I tried a full length song?
Anyone knows where I can get the ICQ Uh-Uh mp3?
Googled and can't see to get one.
Thanks led_tronics! I'm looking for this guide for days now bacause I hate my ringtone maker apps which install ringtones in custom section but keep erasing everytime I sync my iphone on itunes.
Originally Posted by yaawdman
I am on 2.0.2, I cannot locate the library/ringtones with iPhone browser, all though when I login with SSH I can view them because the Library/Ringtones on 2.0.2 is a short cut...
i'll go back in on SSH and see what the shortcut takes me to
By docomar in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
Last Post: 08-27-2008, 08:31 AM
By niksy_nik7 in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
Last Post: 06-01-2008, 06:44 PM
By jamr_mx in forum General
Last Post: 02-16-2008, 04:32 AM
By Malkavian in forum General
Last Post: 08-02-2007, 03:15 PM