Results 1 to 9 of 9
Discuss What to do now...waited too long. Stuck on FW 3.0 at the Spirit (jailbreak) - Hackint0sh.org; Well, last time I ever jailbroke and unlocked my phone was to get on FW ...
  1. #1
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default What to do now...waited too long. Stuck on FW 3.0

    Well, last time I ever jailbroke and unlocked my phone was to get on FW 3.0. I got busy and forgot about trying to check back here and see the latest versions...before I know it, we're at 4 already...

    I don't even know where to start reading for my situation. I want to upgrade to 4 now but not sure what steps I can do. None of the 1 step methods wil work for me because of how far back I am now yes?



  2. #2
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by derekmw View Post
    Well, last time I ever jailbroke and unlocked my phone was to get on FW 3.0. I got busy and forgot about trying to check back here and see the latest versions...before I know it, we're at 4 already...

    I don't even know where to start reading for my situation. I want to upgrade to 4 now but not sure what steps I can do. None of the 1 step methods wil work for me because of how far back I am now yes?
    What type of iPhone do you have? If it is a 3GS - did you use the "make my life easier" option in Cydia?
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  3. #3
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Regular phone 3g. That sounds like a great option for me though. Lol. I like easier. I take it this option was only available for 3gs?

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by derekmw View Post
    Regular phone 3g. That sounds like a great option for me though. Lol. I like easier. I take it this option was only available for 3gs?
    "Make my life easier" only works on the iPhone 3G for iOS 4.0 or higher. It is not required before that point.

    The 3G is pwned for life. So you should always have a way to jailbreak.

    However things got a bit more complex with iOS 4.0 and higher - I would recommend staying away from that unless you absolutely need to run iOS 4. It is slow on a 3G and your only option right now is custom IPSW to go to iOS 4 - see http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=10228 for a guide (if you really want 4.0)


    What I would do is go to iOS 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 -
    You can either use custom IPSW (pwnagetool) or simply restore with apple IPSW and then jailbreak with redsn0w.
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=7443 and http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4254 for guides


    Don't use blackra1n - it is now abandonware and does not work on 3.1.3 or higher.

    You can use spirit (if you want) but redsn0w is a better choice for your needs I think.
    Last edited by Olethros; 08-20-2010 at 04:58 PM.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  5. #5
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    thanks so much, will def stick to 3 then.

    My iPhone is already dog slow right now which prompted me to upgrade so I guess I'll just upgrade within 3.x and avoid 4 for now

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    "Make my life easier" only works on the iPhone 3G for iOS 4.0 or higher. It is not required before that point.

    The 3G is pwned for life. So you should always have a way to jailbreak.

    However things got a bit more complex with iOS 4.0 and higher - I would recommend staying away from that unless you absolutely need to run iOS 4. It is slow on a 3G and your only option right now is custom IPSW to go to iOS 4 - see iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.0] for a guide (if you really want 4.0)


    What I would do is go to iOS 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 -
    You can either use custom IPSW (pwnagetool) or simply restore with apple IPSW and then jailbreak with redsn0w.
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G on OS 3.1.2, 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Windows) and iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G on OS 3.1.3 Using PwnageTool (Mac) for guides


    Don't use blackra1n - it is now abandonware and does not work on 3.1.3 or higher.

    You can use spirit (if you want) but redsn0w is a better choice for your needs I think.


  6. #6
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default similar problem

    I have an iPhone 3GS Version 3.1 i jailbroke it the day i received it. I haven't changed anything for ages and decided i would like to upgrade to version 4.x so i can use multitasking, however i have no idea how to upgrade my jailbroken phone without losing everything i have on it.
    So i would like to upgrade to 4.x
    still have a jailbroken phone
    not lose anything on the phone during the procces.

    Thank you for all and any help.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Localo View Post
    I have an iPhone 3GS Version 3.1 i jailbroke it the day i received it. I haven't changed anything for ages and decided i would like to upgrade to version 4.x so i can use multitasking, however i have no idea how to upgrade my jailbroken phone without losing everything i have on it.
    So i would like to upgrade to 4.x
    still have a jailbroken phone
    not lose anything on the phone during the procces.

    Thank you for all and any help.
    Old or new bootrom 3GS? - if it's new bootrom then you are stuck on 3.x for the moment.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  8. #8
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    So I finally got around to doing this while I had time at home. Followed the steps for Pwnage tool. Downloaded the firmware, had pwnage tool modify it, and then restored it with 'active phone' option checked since I'm with a different carrier (t-mobile).

    Got it restored through iTunes and everything looks good, cydia is there, but I have no reception/network. Any ideas? Tried searching but no posts except to 'reset network settings' which I did without any success.

  9. #9
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by derekmw View Post
    So I finally got around to doing this while I had time at home. Followed the steps for Pwnage tool. Downloaded the firmware, had pwnage tool modify it, and then restored it with 'active phone' option checked since I'm with a different carrier (t-mobile).

    Got it restored through iTunes and everything looks good, cydia is there, but I have no reception/network. Any ideas? Tried searching but no posts except to 'reset network settings' which I did without any success.
    Baseband (modem firmware) version? Did you re-install ultrasn0w after the jailbreak?
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Stuck in DFU? Or stuck in recovery? iPhone giving me issues.
    By iphone_hopeful in forum iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2011, 10:50 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 03:16 AM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 08:58 PM
  4. How long to extract Ki
    By logic in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-14-2011, 05:17 PM
  5. Long time user, long time away
    By Su593ct in forum Blacksn0w (3G(S) unlock)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 02:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:01 AM.
twitter, follow us!