Discuss Upgrade Spirit 3.1.3 to IOS4 at the Spirit (jailbreak) - Hackint0sh.org; Hi
My girlfriends company gave her a Berry phone, and she gave me her Iphone. ...
Pwnagetool custom ipsw does not support "upgrade" only "restore". It will likely never support "upgrade" because upgrading breaks Cydia and programs installed via Cydia.
The normal pwnagetool process is to:
- sync your phone with iTunes, make sure that iTunes backed up the contents of your phone.
- make a copy of the backup for safety's sake.
- make sure your phone is (if necessary re-run pwnagetool and make a new ipsw, then answer no when asked if your iPhone is pwned.
- Confirm it is definitely old bootrom.
- Option-click restore and select the custom ipsw you made earlier
- when restore is complete, either choose "restore from iTunes backup" (this is effectively upgrading) or "set up as new iPhone" (this is recommended if you experience poor battery life or instability)
Please read the stickies & search forum before posting! How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter
Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!
By Bop in forum iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x)
Last Post: 08-11-2010, 06:43 PM
By Dea in forum PwnageTool
Last Post: 07-31-2010, 09:18 AM
By o0nE3ch0o in forum Spirit (jailbreak)
Last Post: 07-13-2010, 09:39 AM
By googs in forum iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x)
Last Post: 06-28-2010, 06:58 PM
By vikram in forum Spirit (jailbreak)
Last Post: 06-28-2010, 05:32 PM