<<< Needs Help Jailbreak 3GS 3.1.3 >>>
I am totally new user for iphone. This jailbreaking is totally new to me. :spinme
1. My phone is 3GS 3.1.3. The serial number is 870086xxxxx. I have no clue if my phone is new or old bootrom. Went into DFU mode (screen black), checked on Windows Device Manager (USB Controller Section) has nowhere showing iboot version. Checked with iDetector (on DFU), showed the phone is not detected. So how I can check if this phone is new or old bootrom?
2. Does spirit work for 3GS 3.1.3 old and new bootrom untethered?
3. What is SHSH? Why I need to use this SHSH to protect me in the future? And what is blob?
4. Once I jailbreak my phone.....if I see cydia. What is this? Let say I want Tom Tom....Should I get it through Cydia? Or cydia is like a "unlock" app which need to be run in the background to keep the phone jailbroken. I saw in one youtube clip, hackulous is mentioned. What is this?
5. If the phone is originally unlocked, once the phone jailbroken, should I run ultrasn0w? (sounds dumb question....but just need to make sure)
6. Once the phone jailbroke on 3.1.3, few months later 4.0 better firmware comes out with jailbreak also. And what we should do? we restore the phone to 4.0 and jailbreak it. or something else?