Discuss New to Jailbreaking, Please help? at the Spirit (jailbreak) - Hackint0sh.org; Hello. I'm new to the whole Jailbreaking scene, and I've never really owned an Iphone ...
New to Jailbreaking, Please help?
Hello. I'm new to the whole Jailbreaking scene, and I've never really owned an Iphone before, but I have one now and I'd like to Jailbreak it.
I used the Forecast program to help me see if I can Jailbreak, but it came up with these results:
Serial No: ********* (Private)
Jailbreakable?: Only if SHSH is saved.
Jailbreakable: Maybe - Depends if Refurb.
Can I jail break my Iphone 3GS? It's new on contract with a provider in the UK called Vodafone. It's not refurbished, I got it brand new in store (Unless they pass off Refurbs as New? o.O)
What i'd also like to know:
If Jailbroken, will my Iphone stop working with my contract SIM? (Also, do I remove SIM during the Jailbreak?)
If Jailbroken, will the provider catch on and sue me for it?
Is it safe to Jailbreak with Spirit, or is it likely I'll end up with a expensive brick?
Can I still get my Iphone insured from other places (I.e. Banks) whilst it is Jailbroken?
I'm sorry I'm asking a lot, but I'm so new to this. I dont really want to pay for Apps and I'd like to use custom ringtones and themes, also, because I don't earn enough money. And also I think Apple restrict users a slight bit too much. Anybody with experience and knowledge who helps me - Thank you. I really appreciate this.
Any help at all? I'm just confused and I know nothing about this. I've read around but everything is sort of new to me, and I really need answers to my questions from experienced Jailbreakers.
We don't encourage or support the use of any ih8sn0w software here (f0recast, sn0wbreeze, iREB etc).
Originally Posted by xInsanityPS3
To answer your other questions.
- If jailbroken - it will still work fine with your current contract SIM
- The provider might notice if you start doing things that they might normally block (eg Tethering on AT&T - or voip and video streaming over 3G) these things can be often enabled via jailbreak even if the carrier blocked them.
- Spirit is safe, the reports of problems with Spirit jailbreak have been very few and mostly are not related to spirit but to users not reading the instructions.
- We do not encourage application piracy on this forum. You should pay for apps from the app store, many of the people who make jailbreaks also make money from selling apps in the appstore or in Cydia.
- I don't think any insurance company would have enough of a clue to care about jailbreaks.
Last edited by Olethros; 05-31-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Please read the stickies & search forum before posting! How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter
Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!
By RiCHii in forum iPhone OS 3.x
Last Post: 07-24-2009, 11:33 AM
By Cool Man Greg in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-02-2008, 04:22 PM
By pearldrummer in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 12-09-2007, 09:38 PM