Results 1 to 5 of 5
Discuss 3GS problem (Need activation to use spirit) at the Spirit (jailbreak) - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by jon_slider As far as I can tell as of today, if I ...
  1. #1
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default 3GS problem (Need activation to use spirit)

    Quote Originally Posted by jon_slider View Post
    As far as I can tell as of today, if I want to Unlock a USA 3GS I need 3 things done to the iPhone

    1. Activation File-Upload.net - lockdownd

    download this file, save it somewhere, where you will find it again
    2) google for iphonebrowser, download as well
    3) connect your jailbroken iphone 3gs to your pc
    4) open iphone browser and navigate to /usr/libexec
    5) look for lockdownd and right klick it
    6) klick replace file and pick the file you downloaded before
    7) Reboot

    It took some seconds before my iphone legt emergency screen after the first reboot... so be patient

    2. Jailbreak purplera1n.com

    3. Unlock Ultrasnow
    i have two problem.

    1. i want to active my 3gs first, but jb need actived 3gs.
    2. use iphonebrowser to my not jb 3gs, can't see /usr/libexec, i need jb first.

    ps. i don't have at&t sim car.
    sorry for my pool english, thx.



  2. #2
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swdjojo View Post
    i have two problem.

    1. i want to active my 3gs first, but jb need actived 3gs.
    2. use iphonebrowser to my not jb 3gs, can't see /usr/libexec, i need jb first.

    ps. i don't have at&t sim card
    Can you provide more details? What OS version are you running on your 3GS? What baseband and do you have SHSH backed up for OS 3.1.2 or lower?

    Most people with 3GS who ask about activation are trying to Spirit jailbreak.
    If that is the case, why are you posting in the ultrasn0w section?
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  3. #3
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    Can you provide more details? What OS version are you running on your 3GS? What baseband and do you have SHSH backed up for OS 3.1.2 or lower?

    Most people with 3GS who ask about activation are trying to Spirit jailbreak.
    If that is the case, why are you posting in the ultrasn0w section?
    OS version: 3.1.3
    I don't have SHSH backup for OS 3.1.2 and lower.
    and my 3GS only see emergency call, and recovery mode and UDF mode.

    Spirit need actived 3GS first, but I can't active my 3GS.

    I'm sorry for my post in the ultrasn0w section, because i search activate 3GS method, and find this post.

    thx.
    Last edited by swdjojo; 05-26-2010 at 03:48 PM.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Moved your post to Spirit section.

    Unless you can get a valid SIM card from the original carrier that your iPhone is locked to (in your case it seems to be AT&T) you can't use Spirit to jailbreak.

    This is clearly stated on the Spirit website.

    As you are running OS 3.1.3 on a 3GS with no ability to downgrade (due to no SHSH for 3.1.2) there are no other solutions available for you today.

    Your only option is to wait for a jailbreak to be released for OS 4.0 (after OS 4.0 is released of course)
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  5. #5
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    Moved your post to Spirit section.

    Unless you can get a valid SIM card from the original carrier that your iPhone is locked to (in your case it seems to be AT&T) you can't use Spirit to jailbreak.

    This is clearly stated on the Spirit website.

    As you are running OS 3.1.3 on a 3GS with no ability to downgrade (due to no SHSH for 3.1.2) there are no other solutions available for you today.

    Your only option is to wait for a jailbreak to be released for OS 4.0 (after OS 4.0 is released of course)
    ok, thanks for your help. I will wait for new jailbreak tool.


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Spirit & Activation how I solved it
    By peu in forum Spirit (jailbreak)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-06-2010, 04:37 AM
  2. Iphone 3G 3.1.3 jailbroken by spirit but problem
    By vincentxiang in forum Spirit (jailbreak)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 09:42 AM
  3. Activation Problem
    By Desperados in forum iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 08:47 PM
  4. spirit - activation - camera app + solution
    By ZeRaWaReZ in forum Spirit (jailbreak)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-07-2010, 09:35 AM
  5. 3GS problem (Need activation to use spirit)
    By tanker69 in forum Spirit (jailbreak)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 10:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:36 AM.
twitter, follow us!