Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
Discuss Unlocking using ziphone at the Redsn0w - Hackint0sh.org; I have a similar problem. I'm currently using 1.1.4 on my 2G iPhone. However, when ...
  1. #11
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I have a similar problem.
    I'm currently using 1.1.4 on my 2G iPhone. However, when i bought it it was already jailbroken and unlocked and activated by using Ziphone. Of what I understand, ziphone downgrades the bootloader. I have been worrying about that a long time.
    However, I would like to upgrade to 3.0.x or something like that. How do you suggest me to do?
    I'm really worried about the previous usage of the ziphone-tool. Are there any tools that will work regardless to the usage of ziphone previously?
    Best regards!


  2. #12
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReleX View Post
    I have a similar problem.
    I'm currently using 1.1.4 on my 2G iPhone. However, when i bought it it was already jailbroken and unlocked and activated by using Ziphone. Of what I understand, ziphone downgrades the bootloader. I have been worrying about that a long time.
    However, I would like to upgrade to 3.0.x or something like that. How do you suggest me to do?
    I'm really worried about the previous usage of the ziphone-tool. Are there any tools that will work regardless to the usage of ziphone previously?
    Best regards!
    Now that bootneuter exists, there is no real difference between 3.9 and 4.6 bootloaders.

    ZiPhone had problems early on, many of these were fixed in later versions of ZiPhone. You might have problems with the wifi, that is about all. Check your wifi adapter's MAC address is 00:5a:49:42:52:49, if this is the case you will need to fix this first.

    Otherwise you likely will not have any problems upgrading to 3.x
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  3. #13
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    Now that bootneuter exists, there is no real difference between 3.9 and 4.6 bootloaders.

    ZiPhone had problems early on, many of these were fixed in later versions of ZiPhone. You might have problems with the wifi, that is about all. Check your wifi adapter's MAC address is 00:5a:49:42:52:49, if this is the case you will need to fix this first.

    Otherwise you likely will not have any problems upgrading to 3.x
    I might have forgotten to say that it's originally a 1.1.3 and then unlocked and jailbroken with ziphone.
    Also, I'm using Windows Vista on my computer. Is there a different procedure when using Windows / mac ?
    What do you mean by "Check your wifi adapter's MAC address is 00:5a:49:42:52:49" ? How do I check this adress for windows? If we say I might have trouble with the wi-fi, how do you suggest me to fix that ?
    Regards
    Last edited by ReleX; 12-14-2009 at 07:14 PM.

  4. #14
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReleX View Post
    I might have forgotten to say that it's originally a 1.1.3 and then unlocked and jailbroken with ziphone.
    Also, I'm using Windows Vista on my computer. Is there a different procedure when using Windows / mac ?
    What do you mean by "Check your wifi adapter's MAC address is 00:5a:49:42:52:49" ? How do I check this adress for windows? If we say I might have trouble with the wi-fi, how do you suggest me to fix that ?
    Regards
    I am talking about the wifi adapter on the iPhone.
    Settings/General/About/Wi-Fi Address

    One of the bad things that ZiPhone did was set the wifi address to 00:5a:49:42:52:49, this value should be unique for every phone.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  5. #15
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    I am talking about the wifi adapter on the iPhone.
    Settings/General/About/Wi-Fi Address

    One of the bad things that ZiPhone did was set the wifi address to 00:5a:49:42:52:49, this value should be unique for every phone.
    No, i have a different Wi-fi adress.
    How would you suggest me to do in order to upgrade to 3.x.x ?
    Should i use redsn0w and then just go with it, or do I need some sort of other tool in order to upgrade my iphone?
    Of what I understand, all needed steps are included in redsn0w? such as, jailbreak, unlock and activate? Is cydia and other apps included as well?
    Best regards!


  6. #16
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReleX View Post
    No, i have a different Wi-fi adress.
    How would you suggest me to do in order to upgrade to 3.x.x ?
    Should i use redsn0w and then just go with it, or do I need some sort of other tool in order to upgrade my iphone?
    Of what I understand, all needed steps are included in redsn0w? such as, jailbreak, unlock and activate? Is cydia and other apps included as well?
    Best regards!
    Redsn0w includes jailbreak, hacktivation, unlock and cydia.
    Just follow this tutorial and you should be fine. That will take you to OS 3.0 unlocked.
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.0.x Using RedSn0w (Windows)

    After you have everything working fine on OS 3.0 you can search for and download a custom 3.1.2 ipsw created with pwnagetool. Then follow this guide iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.0.x Using RedSn0w (Windows) from step 12 onwards to move to OS 3.1.2 jailbroken/unlocked.

    We can't post direct links here on hackint0sh to custom ipsw files as they contain copyrighted apple code.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 07:07 PM
  2. [1.1.3 OTB] Unlocking it without Ziphone ?
    By carstone in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 06:18 PM
  3. Unlocking w/ ziphone - New OTB 1.1.2
    By slaxaa in forum Hardware Unlock
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 08:06 PM
  4. ZIPHONE unlocking 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 OTB
    By mrxthuan in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 09:05 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:44 AM.
twitter, follow us!