Discuss Unjailbreak iPhone 3G clean. Please Help. at the Redsn0w - Hackint0sh.org; I am a first timer in jailbreaking.
I did a back up first of my ...
Unjailbreak iPhone 3G clean. Please Help.
I am a first timer in jailbreaking.
I did a back up first of my original iPhone OS before jailbreaking it.
Then I went ahead and jailbroke my iPhone 3G using Redsnow on my iOS 4.0.1 and I followed all steps and it worked flawlessly. I've tried apps here and there and they worked ok.
I want to unjailbreak it for the meantime and put it back to original iPhone settings again.
I've read some forums that to do it 'really clean', you need to Restore using iTunes, BUT set it up as a "New Phone" and NOT from backup so that the residue of jailbreak files wont be present in the phone anymore...
The thing is, after jailbreaking my iPhone last night, I haven't done any syncing and backup yet to iTunes. I did that on purpose because I don't want to backup some jailbreak files in my iTunes....
So, having said that, my questions are:
1) is it safe for me to do a Restore and use the last backup I have (since it's the backup from a legit/original iOS before the jailbreak)?
2) how do I do the restore? just normally click RESTORE or do a SHIFT+RESTORE and browse the 4.0.1 file? or it doesn't matter?
3) would these steps really bring my iPhone back to a clean state of legit/original iOS? or there's a step I'm missing?
Thanks in advance. I know there's a lot of experts here and I want to learn how to do this stuff and understand jailbreaking and unjailbreaking.
1) You can restore the last backup prior to having jailbroken and it will still be a clean backup.
2) Doesn't matter. Only key is that before restoring, do an "Erase all content and settings" on the iPhone, else it won't truly clear the user partition (and jailbreak data will still be hanging out there)
3) Yes. Simply restoring a factory OS will bring your device back to being unjailbroken, but someone who was determined could still find evidence in the filesystem that it had previously been jailbroken. The erase all content and settings wipes all that data out.
The preceding forum post has been brought to you by the letter "N" and the number 42.
iPhone 4, 32GB (iOS 6.1.2 | evasi0n | SHSH: 4.0 - 6.1.2)
iPad 2 3G, 64GB (iOS 6.1.2 | evasi0n | SHSH: 4.3 & 4.3.3 - 6.1)
Restore problems? Read this: http://www.hackint0sh.org/f137/130802.htm Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare? Please Donate!
By javacom in forum General
Last Post: 01-18-2013, 06:40 AM
By azuniga in forum Ultrasn0w (3G(S)/iPhone 4 unlock)
Last Post: 06-22-2010, 03:32 PM
By redangel in forum Blackra1n (3G(S) jailbreak)
Last Post: 12-30-2009, 11:44 AM
By Numl0ck in forum iPhone 3G
Last Post: 05-02-2009, 09:22 PM
By kassats in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 02-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Tags for this Thread