Discuss [Problem] [Solved] redsn0w won't work. phone stuck on Downloading Jailbreak Data at the Redsn0w - Hackint0sh.org; Restating the problem because i had not mentioned earlier that i was upgradin an unlocked ...
Restating the problem because i had not mentioned earlier that i was upgradin an unlocked iPhone running 1.14
So here it goes again:
- Have an unlocked iPhone running 1.14
(should be saying "Had" since its been dead for a week now)
- Ensure all 3 services (Messenger, Telnet & Terminal Services ) on my PC are running
- open iTunes ver 18.104.22.168
- Power on the iPhone (now in hung state) and set it to DFU mode
- iTunes recomends the restore and i press shift and restore to then select iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw
- The restore DOES NOT END CLEAN and i keep gettin the message "Verifying iPhone software..."
If i then run redsn0w 0.72, iTunes shuts off
so i browse the IPSW used to restore and redsn0w detects it correctly
From here on the steps go on till the last step where it says "Rebooting" but does nothing!!
and i then get the "Done" message, but the iPhone keeps showing the "Downloading Jailbreak Data..." and stays there. Nothing happens afterwards.
Please tell me where am i missing a step - this is getting frustrating
iPhone 2G. Going from 1.1.4 to 3.0 then you will need to do the following:
- use itunes 8.2
- Get the correct firmware 3.0 for your iphone 2G from Apple and make sure you have a good download.
- put phone in DFU mode
- shift-click restore selecting your firmware 3.0
- when done, run redsn0w and select unlock, cydia (no ICY)
- That is it.
- During the unlock, bootneuter will run, do not interrupt it.
**the 3 services you mentioned are non-sense, no need to have it running
** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here **
yeap this really works! follow exactly instruction above. i was using redsnow 0.8 .goodluck
Originally Posted by dtube
on a sidenote, i tried to get 3.1 working but seems that redsnow couldn't read the ipsw file for 3.1. oh well.
Hey man.I got the same problem.i have iphone 2 g and i was update it to 3.1 with itunes and phone got lock.when i try to unlock it ,my phone stuck on download jailbreake data screen .i try couple of times but nothing.how can i unlock it before i break it.pls help
Redsn0w is not updated for anything over 3.0. The only solution for 3.1 right now is pwnage tool custom firmware.
Originally Posted by wmshiham
I had same issue - finally was able to downgrade to 3.0 using ih8sn0w and itunes restore. then jailbreak/unlock using resn0w
Originally Posted by djuka
By snoop8 in forum iPhone 3G
Last Post: 05-26-2011, 10:39 AM
By Sordz in forum Redsn0w
Last Post: 01-03-2011, 01:15 AM
By guchuguchu in forum iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x)
Last Post: 01-16-2010, 07:11 PM
By alleyoop in forum Redsn0w
Last Post: 09-30-2009, 09:32 PM
By taiduoci in forum Redsn0w
Last Post: 09-16-2009, 10:32 AM