Hanging on apple after redsnow/ultrasnow
I recently jailbroke and unlocked my iphone 3GS. It now won't turn off... and only hangs on the apple logo.
1. I upgraded to 4.2.1 iOS using itunes.
2. I used redsn0w 0.9.6 b5 to jailbreak and change my baseband to 06.15.00. (Required for unlocking 4.2.1 on the 3GS)
3. I booted the phone tethered and used cydia to run ultrasn0w.
4. Ultrasn0w ran and prompted for reboot by presenting 'reboot' button.
5. I hit button and phone turned off and back on... but hanging on apple symbol.
When I try to turn it off using home button and power it turns off... but immediately turns back on and hangs on apple. I can't seem to get it into DFU mode.
It was jailbroken+unlocked before but was a bit unresponsive sometimes so I decided to try a fresh jailbreak. I now wish I hadn't, but there you go.
Any ideas out there?