Entering DFU Issues - Getting Apple logo almost immediately
Apologies as I know "can't get my phone into DFU!!1!" threads are all over the place, but I haven't seen one that addresses the problem I'm having and could use some additional troubleshooting help. I've watched a bunch of the demo/guide videos, read numerous how-to instructions as well as following the step-by-step within redsn0w itself, so I'm confident I have a grip on what's SUPPOSED to happen.
iPhone 3Gs (older model)
What I've tried:
Phone is connected to computer and powered off. Have tried with itunes both open and closed.
1. hold power button for 3 sec
2. hold home button without releasing power button for 10 sec
3. release power button and continue holding home button for 15+ sec
What this gets me:
1. Apple logo appears as soon as I hit the power button
2. Apple logo disappears ~5 seconds after holding the home button
3. Apple logo reappears and phone goes into recovery mode after ~7 sec, regardless of when I release the power button (10sec exactly, watching clock. have tried everything down to releasing the power button as soon as the logo disappears, with the same behavior)
In all of the videos I've seen of people putting their phones into DFU mode, the screen stays blank the entire time. Any thoughts as to why I'm seeing the apple logo at the start? Is this normal? Any suggestions?
I get the same behavior when trying other methods as well (same as above without step #1).
Thanks in advance