3G 4.2.1 Reboots to Emergency Call With Redsn0w
I recently decided to jailbreak and unlock an iPhone 3G and I am afraid I screwed it up. Please let me know if it's possible to recover after taking a look at the sequence of steps that I took and some other diagnostic information that may be helpful:
- I downgraded from 4.2.1 to 3.1.2.
- I attempted to jailbreak using RedSnow (outdated version), but it did not recognize the IPSW which I used to downgrade.
- I tried various IPSW files that I downloaded from various sources, found one that Redsn0w was able to process.
- I used it to run Redsn0w, suddenly Redsn0w threw an unexpected error and crashed. To my horror, I realized that I tried to run it with an iPad IPSW iPad1,1_3.2.2_7B500_Restore.
- I tried to upgrade to 4.2.1 or to a different 3.1.2, but iTunes kept throwing errors (16XX for 3.1.2, and 20XX for 4.2.1).
- I ran iREB-4.0.x-4.1-RC2.
- I upgraded to 4.2.1 using official IPSW from Apple that iTunes downloaded automatically.
- Now I am trying to run redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc8 with the Install Cydia and install iPad Baseband, but after fetching the baseband and running a couple of other processes, redsn0w says "Waiting for Reboot" and the phone reboots into Emergency Call mode and nothing happens. redsn0w just sits and waits for reboot. Phone sits in emergency call. Rebooting the phone into DFU mode doesn't help. Also, I'm unable to downgrade to 3.1.2.
Here is some helpful info:
- Windows Vista Home 64
- TinyUmbrella reports: Device Model: MB046LL/A, Installed Firmware Version: 4.2.1, Installed Baseband Version: 05.15.04-5.9_M3S2
Please let me know if you see a way to jailbreak and unlock and thanks in advance.