Discuss To Olethros: HELP at the Redsn0w - Hackint0sh.org; my iphone 1.1.4 was unlocked at the dawn of times with a tool i don't ...
To Olethros: HELP
my iphone 1.1.4 was unlocked at the dawn of times with a tool i don't even remember, very possible was not from the dev team. anyway, it was working but wanted to upgrade to 3.0 with redsnow.
however, i don't get to use redsnow because I can't even restore.
downloaded 3.01 firmware, itunes 8.02 for windows, everything goes fine with shift-restoring (extract, install software) until the last step when it says itunes is verifying software, then i get an error msg.
then i downloaded and tried 3.0 and even the original 1.1.4 but i get the same error.
1. should i leave the SIM in? I took it out before this exercise.
2. should i be connected to the internet while itunes is doing its thing?
3. should i let itunes restore from its server and not from my downloaded firmware? will this brick the phone? it says something about gonna install security measures prior.
4. should i go ahead with redsnow regardless at this step?
5. do i need to put the phone in DFU mode? the power-Home buttons? as it is now i just turned it off and itunes recognized it needs restoring.
any other suggestions?
Originally Posted by zeropointzero
- Your iTunes is too old. You need iTunes 8.2 or higher to restore iPhone OS 3.0 or higher.
- SIM card in or out should not matter at all. Just leave it in.
- Your phone can always be downgraded, so you could just let iTunes restore the latest version. I recommend you restore to 3.1.2. Download link from: Firmware - The iPhone Wiki
- You can do the restore without DFU mode, both DFU and recovery mode will work.
Please read the stickies & search forum before posting! How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter
Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!
By caboboy702 in forum iPhone 4
Last Post: 04-28-2011, 01:52 AM
By albiceleste in forum iPhone 3GS
Last Post: 03-12-2010, 09:00 PM