Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
Discuss Iphone 3GS 4.2.1 Ipad Baseband Stuck at the Redsn0w - Hackint0sh.org; Ok guys i think my phone being stuck in DFU! was the best thing that ...
  1. #11
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Ok guys i think my phone being stuck in DFU! was the best thing that ever happend.
    YOU GUYS ARE NOT GOING TO FUCKING BELIEVE! WHAT JUST HAPPENED!

    After many attempts my device was what it seemed to be in DFU mode for EVER and the only way of ever rebooting was to run Redsn0w and click on "boot tethered now" and that powered it up. this time though it was different.

    I ran like normal and unplugged my device and left in my room while i went to the kitchen. I came back and it was off. i was like wtf....So i tried to connect to PC and no go. then i came up with the brilliant idea of cnnecting it to a wall mount after reading other guides on google. (STUPID MOVE! DONT DO THIS! lol) and still nothing! lol...I connected it back to the computer and i heard the usb noise. so i tried to run redsn0w again it went through like normal and but on reboot the screen turned white then COMPLETELY YELLOW! i was like wtffff.

    I tried everything i could searched all over online and nothing, all the guides i did find and did not help at all. I tried to restore and got "Error code 28" I did my researched and it was Hardware related.

    I took a gamble and my brain started to work lol. I looked at my Logs and noticed it couldn't not get passed a certain point to detect the MODEM since i was on Ipad baseband on my Iphone 3GS. I tried other pc and i was certain and confident it was stuck there. I checked out my warranty and it looks like it covered hardware.

    Made the appointment and was on my way to the apple store. talked to a tech there and he did all testing in front of me and just like i expected got also "Error Code 28" With yellow screen. He checked for water damaged and saw it was hardware faulty.

    asked me a bit of the wall mount i used and then he said the magical words. " I CAN GIVE YOU A NEW IPHONE TONIGHT SINCE YOU ARE ON WARRANTY!!" i got really lucky that apple did not detect the ipad baseband.

    I am now running on 4.1 Firmware going to back things up and make my SHSH lol for future reference. Thats Olethros for your replies and trying to help. I also appreciate the other guides and threads around here they helped me solved my issues to downgrading to 4.1 in the first place. You can close this thread if you like.

    EDIT: I am now on 4.1 Firmware using the 05.14.02 Modem !!! ultrasn0w wont work on this and i am afraid of updating my baseband again lol.
    Last edited by William67; 12-22-2010 at 05:55 AM.


  2. #12
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William67 View Post
    I am now running on 4.1 Firmware going to back things up and make my SHSH lol for future reference.
    Right now you can only backup your 4.2.1 SHSH

    I would recommend you back up your 4.2.1 SHSH via TinyUmbrella and stay where you are (don't update to 4.2.1)
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  3. #13
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    Right now you can only backup your 4.2.1 SHSH

    I would recommend you back up your 4.2.1 SHSH via TinyUmbrella and stay where you are (don't update to 4.2.1)
    I am running 4.1 now and saved my SHSH For 4.1 and 4.2.1 as well. I tried to search to see if it was possible for 4.1 with the Ipad BB.

    I read the consequences and i really do need this phone baseband unlocked but also i don't want to upgrade to 4.2.1 with the ipad baseband.

    What are some of the known problems running ipad baseband with the Stock 4.1?

  4. #14
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William67 View Post
    I am running 4.1 now and saved my SHSH For 4.1 and 4.2.1 as well. I tried to search to see if it was possible for 4.1 with the Ipad BB.

    I read the consequences and i really do need this phone baseband unlocked but also i don't want to upgrade to 4.2.1 with the ipad baseband.

    What are some of the known problems running ipad baseband with the Stock 4.1?
    I find it odd that you managed to get a 4.1 SHSH today for a "new" phone obtained via warranty/repair. Apple stopped signing 4.1 SHSH within days of 4.2.1's public release.

    So if you managed to get a 4.1 SHSH for your new 3Gs then your iPhone is likely a refurbished model and the previous owner was thoughtful enough to save the 4.1 SHSH before Apple stopped signing it.

    There are less problems with 4.1 and 6.15 baseband. Biggest probem is inability to restore stock ipsw. This is not an issue if you have 4.1 SHSH as you can always restore custom ipsw
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  5. #15
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    I find it odd that you managed to get a 4.1 SHSH today for a "new" phone obtained via warranty/repair. Apple stopped signing 4.1 SHSH within days of 4.2.1's public release.

    So if you managed to get a 4.1 SHSH for your new 3Gs then your iPhone is likely a refurbished model and the previous owner was thoughtful enough to save the 4.1 SHSH before Apple stopped signing it.

    There are less problems with 4.1 and 6.15 baseband. Biggest probem is inability to restore stock ipsw. This is not an issue if you have 4.1 SHSH as you can always restore custom ipsw
    From my logs i made sure that "Modem" did not show up and on itunes right when it said "Preparing iphone for recovery" Thats when Yellow screen showed up and i got error code "28" Which is Hardware so there was no way for them to see any further. I pretty much got extremely lucky here.

    Got the new 3gs with 4.1 On it but baseband 05.14.02 So right away i went and backed up my SHSH,

    Also I asked the guy when he brought the phone out "Is this refurbished?" He told me no they do not give out refurbished phone every replacements are with "NEW" phones. So again i got extremely lucky.

    Alright i will proceed with the baseband unlock since i have my 4.1 and 4.2.1 SHSH. WHere i can simply restore using custom. Thanks bro


  6. #16
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William67 View Post
    Got the new 3gs with 4.1 On it but baseband 05.14.02 So right away i went and backed up my SHSH
    And you did this with TinyUmbrella? Had you previously used Tiny Umbrella? The reason I am asking is a "new" phone cannot have a 4.1 SHSH - Apple simply isn't signing them.

    It is a common misconception that if you are still running 4.1 you can still request a 4.1 SHSH. This is incorrect. Once Apple stops signing 4.1 restore (and they have) you can never restore to stock 4.1 again (unless you saved a SHSH before apple stopped signing)

    What is correct is that a partial 4.1 SHSH is actually embdedded in your phone's NOR - however no one has written a tool to extract this (yet)

    Loading 4.2.1 will destroy this partial 4.1 SHSH

    Quote Originally Posted by William67 View Post
    Also I asked the guy when he brought the phone out "Is this refurbished?" He told me no they do not give out refurbished phone every replacements are with "NEW" phones. So again i got extremely lucky.

    Alright i will proceed with the baseband unlock since i have my 4.1 and 4.2.1 SHSH. WHere i can simply restore using custom. Thanks bro
    By law they only have to give you a "100% new" phone if you come in with a problem during the 14 day return period. (at least that is their policy in the US)
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  7. #17
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hello

    I'm with the same problem. I just don't understand how you downgrade the 4.2.1 to 4.1 with the ipad baseband. I can't do that. My iphone keep stuck in the recovery mode.
    I'm so sad because of that.

    Sorry about my bad English but i'm not a fluent

  8. #18
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackheart View Post
    Hello

    I'm with the same problem. I just don't understand how you downgrade the 4.2.1 to 4.1 with the ipad baseband. I can't do that. My iphone keep stuck in the recovery mode.
    going from 4.2.1 baseband to iPad baseband is an upgrade.

    To downgrade the OS from 4.2.1 to 4.1 requires a SHSH (unless you have old bootrom 3GS and were untethered jailbroken at 4.2.1).

    To downgrade from 4.2.1 with iPad baseband will always produce a 1015 error during restore. Solutions to that problem are explained in this thread: http://www.hackint0sh.org/f204/196391.htm
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  9. #19
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Upgraded the new Iphone 3gs on 4.1 to the ipad baseband 06.15.00 Working smooth. Def won't make same mistake as before to down or up grade to stock firmware lol thanks for the help Oletheros

  10. #20
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    well ... the ipad baseband allows you to make voice calls but the GPS on your device will not work. Anyway, if you don't care about the GPS then your're ok.
    Remember, once you have that ipad baseband on the device, you will not be able to use stock firmware to restore. OnLY a custom ipsw can be used and you will still need SHSH for that custom fw.
    ** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here **


 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-04-2011, 10:29 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-17-2010, 08:44 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-04-2010, 08:45 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 08:49 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 06:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:42 AM.
twitter, follow us!