Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
Discuss Does hacktivation interfere with activation? at the Redsn0w - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by Passenger Bob that is just a lie. Maybe it happen to work ...
  1. #11
    Supporter Array cofi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Porto - Portugal
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger Bob View Post
    that is just a lie. Maybe it happen to work for certain unoffical sims but not for mine
    I'm sorry that doesn't work for you, but it does work with almost every people that use it (me included).

    @phoeny 3.0.1 just differs 48kb from the 3.0 (the part where they patch the SMS hoax), so I don't think redsn0w messes with that.


  2. #12
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoeny View Post
    So it seems like you're running the 3.0 kernel on 3.0.1 as soon as you're jailbreaking with redsn0w. Do you in turn lose the SMS fix?

    Sorry for off topic :-)
    No, as far as I know the sms exploit is fixed by other files/binaries coming with 3.0.1
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  3. #13
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cofi View Post
    I'm sorry that doesn't work for you, but it does work with almost every people that use it (me included).
    maybe if you read blog comments you can see quite a lot people have this problem and changing usb does not do anything
    when it hangs waiting for reboot or uploading ramdisk it is the same problem

  4. #14
    Supporter Array cofi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Porto - Portugal
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger Bob View Post
    maybe if you read blog comments you can see quite a lot people have this problem and changing usb does not do anything
    when it hangs waiting for reboot or uploading ramdisk it is the same problem
    Allow me to answer you with the same arrogance you are replying to me.

    Maybe if you read the original thread you would know this is not about redsn0w working perfectly in jailbraking a device, or having problems on reboot, or any other kind of troubles. Is about, and I quote, "Does hacktivation interfere with activation?"
    This is all I was answering to.

    Furthermore if you actually spend some time in the Dev-Team blog helping people you'll notice that I do hang around there also, and my almost 600 posts tell I actually try to help the users within my short knowledge. So I do read their posts.

    So if you want to continue and extend the conversation within the original topic for this thread I'm more than glad to do it you, so I can learn a little more. Otherwise there's no point on preserving this talk.

  5. #15
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cofi View Post
    Allow me to answer you with the same arrogance you are replying to me.

    Maybe if you read the original thread you would know this is not about redsn0w working perfectly in jailbraking a device, or having problems on reboot, or any other kind of troubles. Is about, and I quote, "Does hacktivation interfere with activation?"
    This is all I was answering to.

    Furthermore if you actually spend some time in the Dev-Team blog helping people you'll notice that I do hang around there also, and my almost 600 posts tell I actually try to help the users within my short knowledge. So I do read their posts.

    So if you want to continue and extend the conversation within the original topic for this thread I'm more than glad to do it you, so I can learn a little more. Otherwise there's no point on preserving this talk.
    you are the one who showed arrogance so ... yeah whatever.
    Alas quantity does not determine quality neither reading topics alone as in your case
    So ... you know ... you can guess and finish a line for me ... :-)


  6. #16
    Board Hero Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger Bob View Post
    you are the one who showed arrogance so ... yeah whatever.
    Alas quantity does not determine quality neither reading topics alone as in your case
    So ... you know ... you can guess and finish a line for me ... :-)
    Rather than saying that redsn0w's ability to hacktivate is "just a lie", you could look for support on your particular problem on this forum and on the Dev Team blog.

    Many people (including me) have successfully hacktivated iPhones with redsn0w. So "just a lie" it isn't.
    iPhone 3GS / 3.1.2 JB (PwnageTool) / 04.26.08 carrier-locked, Carrier Logo Fixer / Cydia / 1000 posts on Hackint0sh

    Installing Cydia programs on a phone that has no internet connection: read this.

    Editing binary .plist, .strings, .nib and .xib files:
    * on your computer: Windows tool / conversion website.
    * on your iPhone: convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities) or edit them with iFile (Cydia links).

  7. #17
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hey guys,

    I bought a 3GS from ATT's website. When it arrived, I jailbroke with redsn0w. My SIM from my current phone (Blackberry) would not work. I restored the phone to 3.0, then took it in to ATT store to activate it.

    Why didn't redsn0w attempt to hacktivate my phone if it saw that it was not already activated?

  8. #18
    Board Hero Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NadCraker View Post
    Hey guys,

    I bought a 3GS from ATT's website. When it arrived, I jailbroke with redsn0w. My SIM from my current phone (Blackberry) would not work. I restored the phone to 3.0, then took it in to ATT store to activate it.

    Why didn't redsn0w attempt to hacktivate my phone if it saw that it was not already activated?
    Are you sure it wasn't activated when it arrived? If it had an AT&T sim, it had probably activated. After which, redsn0w would not hacktivate, and your other sim wouldn't work.

    Non-activated phones show a screen that's not the Home screen and with a 'slide for emergency call' slider.

    iPhone 3GS / 3.1.2 JB (PwnageTool) / 04.26.08 carrier-locked, Carrier Logo Fixer / Cydia / 1000 posts on Hackint0sh

    Installing Cydia programs on a phone that has no internet connection: read this.

    Editing binary .plist, .strings, .nib and .xib files:
    * on your computer: Windows tool / conversion website.
    * on your iPhone: convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities) or edit them with iFile (Cydia links).

  9. #19
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Danner View Post
    Are you sure it wasn't activated when it arrived?
    pathetic ...

  10. #20
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger Bob View Post
    pathetic ...
    Man, if you got a bad day, do some exercise. Users here try to help each other. So if you do not want to contribute here, just stay away.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2


 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. iPhone 3g 3.1.3 hacktivation?
    By JazzyStahh in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 02:27 AM
  2. Hacktivation Problem, Please help!
    By iSelfoon in forum iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-24-2010, 12:08 PM
  3. Real activation vs Hacktivation
    By ggonxhi in forum Blacksn0w (3G(S) unlock)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 09:55 AM
  4. Hacktivation - what exactly is it ?
    By nudda in forum iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 10:41 AM
  5. hacktivation?
    By gooseberry in forum iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 07:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:45 PM.
twitter, follow us!