Results 1 to 6 of 6
Discuss 7 days of FAIL - 3GS Running 3.1 FW, cant get it jailbroken. im totally worn, plz hlp at the Redsn0w - Hackint0sh.org; Hi there, I have been trying to get my iphone 3GS jailbroken again its what ...
  1. #1
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default 7 days of FAIL - 3GS Running 3.1 FW, cant get it jailbroken. im totally worn, plz hlp

    Hi there,

    I have been trying to get my iphone 3GS jailbroken again its what i have been doing for days but yet to no avail... been reading forums and tutorials and trying a lot of things for days now and i cant think straight anymore, plz help.

    I faintly remember using red snow using 3.0 ispw to jailbreak 3.0.1

    Im not sure if and when i restored to 3.1!

    AS FAR AS I REMEMBER I was always running 3.0 or 3.0.1

    one week ago, my phone suddenly broke down so i had no way to check and no way to save my ECID (which i thought i did but thats not the issue)

    I tried restoring my phone to 3.0 and 3.0.1 to no avail. so i must assume that i in fact did not save my ecid...

    i only managed to restore to 3.1 where im stuck at for several days now. Cant Jailbreak it since i cant go back to 3.0

    I'm afraid of updating to 3.1.2 in terms of baseband and whatever. in any case i'd like to try saving my ECID of any version i can get it jailbroken.

    old baseband and bootrom, old iboot. as far as i remember it was an 3.0.1 or 3.0 OTB factory unlocked
    I never updated to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 thats for SURE. i dont remember if i was running 3.0.1 or 3.1 though..

    right now im running 3.1 because i cant restore it to any fw earlier

    1. Is there a way i can go back to 3.0?
    2. is there a way to Jailbreak my 3.1?
    3. Whats the best course of action?

    thanks so much...



  2. #2
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default Re: 7 days of FAIL - 3GS Running 3.1 FW, cant get it jailbroken.

    Quote Originally Posted by funkyfingerz
    I faintly remember using red snow using 3.0 ispw to jailbreak 3.0.1

    Im not sure if and when i restored to 3.1!

    AS FAR AS I REMEMBER I was always running 3.0 or 3.0.1

    one week ago, my phone suddenly broke down so i had no way to check and no way to save my ECID (which i thought i did but thats not the issue)

    I tried restoring my phone to 3.0 and 3.0.1 to no avail. so i must assume that i in fact did not save my ecid...

    i only managed to restore to 3.1 where im stuck at for several days now. Cant Jailbreak it since i cant go back to 3.0

    I'm afraid of updating to 3.1.2 in terms of baseband and whatever. in any case i'd like to try saving my ECID of any version i can get it jailbroken.

    old baseband and bootrom, old iboot. as far as i remember it was an 3.0.1 or 3.0 OTB factory unlocked
    I never updated to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 thats for SURE. i dont remember if i was running 3.0.1 or 3.1 though..

    right now im running 3.1 because i cant restore it to any fw earlier

    1. Is there a way i can go back to 3.0?
    2. is there a way to Jailbreak my 3.1?
    3. Whats the best course of action?
    You can check what SHSH you saved via Firmware umbrella app. Your iPhone does not need to be jailbroken to find your ECID (which is required to check/request SHSH)

    Sounds like you are in the same situation as me regarding what shsh you have saved… Well nearly.

    Let's correct some misconceptions and restate some basic facts.

    1. you can't always get a shsh for the OS you are currently running
    2. Support for requesting SHSH from 3.0.1 was barely available for a day before apple closed the door on issuing 3.0.1 and 3.0 SHSH. At that time you had a much better chance of getting your 3.0.x SHSH if you were running 3.0.
    3. OS 3.1 includes updated baseband so if you restored to stock 3.1 then you have the 05.11.07 baseband that can only be unlocked by blacksn0w
    4. Because you have old bootrom you could / should have restored a custom 3.1.x ipsw instead of a stock ipsw. Custom ipsw does not require shsh.
    5. If you had already previously restored stock 3.1 baseband, restoring 3.1.2 stock will not change your baseband.

    Answers to your questions:
    1. Not without expert help.
    2. Yes blackra1n supports 3.1
    3. JB with blackra1n, confirm baseband version. If it is 05.11.07 restore to stock 3.1.2 and jailbreak with redsn0w then unlock with blacksn0w
    4. Get a custom ipsw for 3.1.2, test it to confirm it works and start practicing safe jailbreaking.
    5. Open cydia and see what SHSH your phone has backed up. Most likely is only 3.1 and 3.1.2
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  3. #3
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    3. JB with blackra1n, confirm baseband version. If it is 05.11.07 restore to stock 3.1.2 and jailbreak with redsn0w then unlock with blacksn0w
    4. Get a custom ipsw for 3.1.2, test it to confirm it works and start practicing safe jailbreaking.
    Thanks SO MUCH mate, you got me back on track i thought id lost it...

    i indeed have only 3.1.x SHSH on file. So im at step 3 now, upgrading to 3.1.2.

    question:

    a) (4.) what do you mean by safe jailbreaking?
    b) when picking a custom ispw, i wasnt quite sure to pick activated or unactivated. im not using an official carrier. My phone is unlocked OTB.

    thanks mate!! really appreciated

  4. #4
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funkyfingerz View Post
    question:

    a) (4.) what do you mean by safe jailbreaking?
    It means that understanding what you have at hand (your iphone fw, your bootrom version, and the shsh for the firmware that you have) and take appropriate safe actions.

    In your case, you can restore to stock 3.1 and you have an old bootrom which means you can always use custom firmware to restore. Always use custom firmware from now on to stay on the jailbreak train and to maintain your baseband at 05.11.07 so you can use blacksn0w to unlock if needed.

    b) when picking a custom ispw, i wasnt quite sure to pick activated or unactivated. im not using an official carrier. My phone is unlocked OTB.

    thanks mate!! really appreciated
    What do mean by "my phone is unlocked OTB" ? Do you mean you have a factory unlocked / International iphone ?. If so, do not put a check on "Activate the phone" and continue to create your custom 3.1.2 firmware.
    After you restore the custom firmware to the phone, itunes should automatically activate the phone since it's a factory unlock.
    ** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here **

  5. #5
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtube View Post

    What do mean by "my phone is unlocked OTB" ? Do you mean you have a factory unlocked / International iphone ?. If so, do not put a check on "Activate the phone" and continue to create your custom 3.1.2 firmware.
    After you restore the custom firmware to the phone, itunes should automatically activate the phone since it's a factory unlock.
    I have a factory unlocked iphone.
    I cant create images on windows can i?
    So all i could do was downloading premade custom FWs and thats where i got confused.
    I assume that from now on, i should stick to "custom unactivated Firmware" is that right?

    Oh yea although running old bootrom i was unable to restore using a custom firmware, it was usually a 16xx error.

    in any case thanks a lot folks, sorry for replying so late but im drowning in work will be able to breathe again starting next week

    cheers


  6. #6
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funkyfingerz View Post
    I have a factory unlocked iphone.
    I cant create images on windows can i?
    So all i could do was downloading premade custom FWs and thats where i got confused.
    I assume that from now on, i should stick to "custom unactivated Firmware" is that right?

    Oh yea although running old bootrom i was unable to restore using a custom firmware, it was usually a 16xx error.

    in any case thanks a lot folks, sorry for replying so late but im drowning in work will be able to breathe again starting next week
    You need to have jailbroken once sucessfully before you can restore a custom ipsw. Pwnagetool prepares the iPhone by initially pwning the phone before you restore the custom ipsw in iTunes. If you simply restore the custom ipsw via windows then you will get an error.

    Also, the phone must be either in recovery mode or in normal mode and the restore performed by shift-clicking iTunes. DFU mode does not work on a 3GS with custom ipsw.

    Windows users are a bit stuck, we can't vouch for or link to custom IPSW and sn0wbreeze will always be unsupported on this forum.

    Devteam will eventually release pwnagetool for windows. Doesn't help you now though.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Iphone running 4.3.5 jailbroken question
    By ldjh1985 in forum iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-31-2011, 03:23 PM
  2. Updating jailbroken 3gs running 3.1.3?
    By jenl0202 in forum iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 09:36 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2009, 02:18 AM
  4. [1.1.2 OTB UK] Jailbroken, Youtube running problem
    By jordanpolonijo in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 12:03 AM
  5. [1.1.2 OTB] Jailbroken, running with NextSIM, almost died.
    By TATANKA in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2008, 08:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:09 PM.
twitter, follow us!