Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
Discuss 2g + 3.0 + hacktivation = Broken push at the Redsn0w - Hackint0sh.org; Just to let people know, since I have answered a few threads that were wondering ...
  1. #1
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default 2g + 3.0 + hacktivation = Broken push

    Just to let people know, since I have answered a few threads that were wondering about push or suffering from poor battery life with 3.0; push does not currently work on 2g hackitavated phones.

    The error is currently related to Apple Push Service Daemon. Here is part of the error produced. "Stream error occurred for : TLS Error Code=-9831 peer reported unknown certificate authority."

    To fix the poor battery life, install a push app if you have not already such as taptap2, AP news, or textfree lite. Go into the settings app and disable push notifications. Your battery life should go back to normal.

    The dev team is now aware of the problem after several people trying to contact them about the problem. I say still let the dev team know about the problem, just so they know there is a large enough group that is experiencing the problem. Musclenerd said that it might be looked into after ultrasn0w is release. So there is no ETA for a bug fix, just have to wait I guess. Read here for more info (not my blog) and be sure to read the comments.

    Push Notifications on hacktivated 2G iPhone Bram Bourgonjon

    I hope this helps and I will be cross-posting this in the pwnage tool forum.



  2. #2
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    will we get an error notification if we are experiencing this? or will Push just not work? i have AP News setup and Yahoo mail (both supposedly using push) and havent gotten any updates from AP yet and email is coming through ok (not instantly but takes 10 min or so)

  3. #3
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a3p3g View Post
    will we get an error notification if we are experiencing this? or will Push just not work? i have AP News setup and Yahoo mail (both supposedly using push) and havent gotten any updates from AP yet and email is coming through ok (not instantly but takes 10 min or so)
    No you will get no error, just poor battery life. I am sorry I didn't make it clear what is broken is push notification on apps not mail. Unless I am crazy, you will never see a push notification from any app other than mail.app until this gets fixed.

  4. #4
    Senior Professional Array RiqTosh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Bronx, NY
    Posts
    255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Someone on that blog posted this comment:

    Kanenas (12:30:05) :

    Differences being that
    1.the push notification is handled by Apple, while YouTube is handled by google.
    2. the youtube activation can be a “one activation -> millions of handsets”, while the push notification has to be a one to one.

    If this is the case I think we, original iPhone owners, are pretty screwed. One more way for Apple to force those with hactivated original iPhones to upgrade

    This is not looking good if #2 has any truth to it.

  5. #5
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RiqTosh View Post
    Someone on that blog posted this comment:

    Kanenas (12:30:05) :

    Differences being that
    1.the push notification is handled by Apple, while YouTube is handled by google.
    2. the youtube activation can be a “one activation -> millions of handsets”, while the push notification has to be a one to one.

    If this is the case I think we, original iPhone owners, are pretty screwed. One more way for Apple to force those with hactivated original iPhones to upgrade

    This is not looking good if #2 has any truth to it.
    I think dev team will fid a fix. As they did for youtube. It's just a certifications problem.


  6. #6
    Senior Professional Array RiqTosh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Bronx, NY
    Posts
    255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark151 View Post
    I think dev team will fid a fix. As they did for youtube. It's just a certifications problem.
    I sure hope so. I mean I paid full price for my original iPhone (not subsidized), I paid for Beehijves, and I was hoping to use the PUSH service. Once my T-mobile contract expires in December I'm just going to switch to AT&T and upgrade to the 3G s. I don't think that AT&T will ever let go of their exclusivity on this Goddamn phone, if they have any brains. And I'm getting a bit tire of Apple screwing over original iPhone owners.

    I re-activated my phone using redsn0w and the "connect to iTunes" message doesn't come up any longer, but of course PUSH still doesn't work.

    At least my Youtube and MyLocations work now.

  7. #7
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I feel for you man.
    Dev-Team is looking into Push issue with "hacktivated" phone.

    For contracted users, activate the phone first via itunes then jailbreak. Redsnow will bypass hacktivation if phone is already activated and push will work.
    ** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here **

  8. #8
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Germany, Dresden
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Push works on 2G with redsn0w

    The key is to activate the iphone once in a "proper" way with a sim card of your official iPhone Provider (even any prepaid card would work). This gets you a certificate installed from the Apple Push server. Afterwards unlock it with a method which doesn't replace the Firmware, like redsn0w). Therefore Pwange wont work.

    Here the steps I've done to succeed.
    - Restore with the stock iPhone 1,1_3.0 firmware.
    - Activate it with a valid SIM (my case german T-Mobile). So the certificate for push notification would get installed.
    - Unlock the iPhone through redsn0w did not replace the entire firmware and kept the installed certificate for push notification

  9. #9
    Senior Professional Array RiqTosh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Bronx, NY
    Posts
    255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teleharry View Post
    The key is to activate the iphone once in a "proper" way with a sim card of your official iPhone Provider (even any prepaid card would work). This gets you a certificate installed from the Apple Push server. Afterwards unlock it with a method which doesn't replace the Firmware, like redsn0w). Therefore Pwange wont work.

    Here the steps I've done to succeed.
    - Restore with the stock iPhone 1,1_3.0 firmware.
    - Activate it with a valid SIM (my case german T-Mobile). So the certificate for push notification would get installed.
    - Unlock the iPhone through redsn0w did not replace the entire firmware and kept the installed certificate for push notification
    I still have the original packaging for my iPhone. There is a chance that the AT&T sim card that came with it might be still in the box (here is hoping).

    If not, is going to be hard for me to get an AT&T sim, unless they sell the Pre-paid sims at Best Buy

  10. #10
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teleharry View Post
    The key is to activate the iphone once in a "proper" way with a sim card of your official iPhone Provider (even any prepaid card would work). This gets you a certificate installed from the Apple Push server. Afterwards unlock it with a method which doesn't replace the Firmware, like redsn0w). Therefore Pwange wont work.

    Here the steps I've done to succeed.
    - Restore with the stock iPhone 1,1_3.0 firmware.
    - Activate it with a valid SIM (my case german T-Mobile). So the certificate for push notification would get installed.
    - Unlock the iPhone through redsn0w did not replace the entire firmware and kept the installed certificate for push notification
    Yeah, this method works! but instead of running redsnow again after activating, unlock the phone using bootneuter 2.1 (available from cydia)
    Using iphone browser or SSH, replace the lockdownd in
    \usr\libexec
    with this patched one:
    Lockdownd.zip

    and whoop! Your phone gets unlocked and hacktivated with push notifications now work!


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Subscriber Artificial Module (SAM) - replace hacktivation - fix push/battery drain
    By Olethros in forum Ultrasn0w (3G(S)/iPhone 4 unlock)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-20-2010, 12:13 PM
  2. Hacktivation problems - facetime broken
    By victor3315 in forum limera1n (iOS 4.1 jailbreak)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 11:01 PM
  3. Jailbreak without hacktivation? Push possible?
    By Bonzo87 in forum purplera1n (3GS jailbreak)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 06:40 PM
  4. 2g + 3.0 + hacktivation = Broken push
    By Medisyn in forum PwnageTool
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 04:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:05 PM.
twitter, follow us!