Results 1 to 9 of 9
Discuss IF I use QuickPwn 2.2 on a 3G 2.1 phone...will it update my baseband ? at the Quickpwn 3G - Hackint0sh.org; Hey guys, I currently have a phone with firmware 2.1 and baseband firmware 02.11.07. I ...
  1. #1
    Rookie Array JimmyD4NG3r's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Question IF I use QuickPwn 2.2 on a 3G 2.1 phone...will it update my baseband ?

    Hey guys,

    I currently have a phone with firmware 2.1 and baseband firmware 02.11.07. I know I should use pwnage tool to jailbreak my phone and keep my baseband at 2.11.07 and thus will be able to unlock it new years eve.

    Can the same be done using Quickpwn...or does this upgrade the baseband. Reading iClarifieds guide:

    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/comm...commentsanchor

    It states:

    "Important***: Do not attempt these instructions for the 2.2 iPhone Firmware unless you don't care about a software unlock in the future. Using QuickPwn with the 2.2 iPhone Firmware could reduce your chances of being able to unlock the iPhone 3G."

    And the firmware restore they ask you to download is 2.2 which makes me think it updates the firmware, or at least stops you from having the inability to unlock on 31st Dec.

    Can anyone help me out here? Much appreciated!!

    Jimmy



  2. #2
    Senior Professional Array funwithamar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    195
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    only retoring to the 2.2 iphone fw. in itunes updates your baseband....quick pwn does not do anything to an iphone 3g baseband....the baseband will be updated if you restore to fw 2.2 ....
    iphone 2g at 3.0 using unofficial sim
    changed commboard at 1.1.4

  3. #3
    Rookie Array JimmyD4NG3r's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funwithamar View Post
    only retoring to the 2.2 iphone fw. in itunes updates your baseband....quick pwn does not do anything to an iphone 3g baseband....the baseband will be updated if you restore to fw 2.2 ....
    Ah right, so if I donwload the firmware form iClarified:

    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....7_Restore.ipsw

    Even though this is 2.2 FW, it's a custom firmware so once I QuickPwn it and then restore it in iTune (hold down shift, click restore and select the custom firmware) then the baseband still won't have been updated?

    Sorry to sound dumb, REALLY can't afford to update the baseband and miss out on the unlock on the 31st.

    Cheers.

  4. #4
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    That's what I ask myself as well: With 2.1 currently on the 3G can I just RESTORE a Custom 2.2 via iTunes?

    Many thanks in advance to the pros here!!

  5. #5
    Senior Professional Array funwithamar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    195
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD4NG3r View Post
    Ah right, so if I donwload the firmware form iClarified:

    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....7_Restore.ipsw

    Even though this is 2.2 FW, it's a custom firmware so once I QuickPwn it and then restore it in iTune (hold down shift, click restore and select the custom firmware) then the baseband still won't have been updated?

    Sorry to sound dumb, REALLY can't afford to update the baseband and miss out on the unlock on the 31st.

    Cheers.
    link you provided is NOT a custom fw......it will update your baseband .......DONOT USE IT!!!!1
    PS: i dont really use custom fw any more now , but if the custom fw is already activated then you wont need to use QUICKPWN
    iphone 2g at 3.0 using unofficial sim
    changed commboard at 1.1.4


  6. #6
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    So what's to do if you have a 2.1 phone and you don't want to upgrade the baseband but to 2.2 only? And further: that without having a activated phone?

  7. #7
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nurdiesge View Post
    So what's to do if you have a 2.1 phone and you don't want to upgrade the baseband but to 2.2 only? And further: that without having a activated phone?
    You would have to create a custom firmware (2.2) with PwnageTool 2.2 for Mac where the baseband update is disabled (thats by default for 3G) thanks to the dev team.
    you would then DFU restore to this custom firmware.

    if you erstore to the one from Apple (original) you are screwed cuase the baseband is updated.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  8. #8
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    you would then DFU restore to this custom firmware.
    Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear

    So I simply build the Custom 2.2 (which one can currently do with a Mac only) and then Shift + Restore via iTunes, right?

  9. #9
    Young Padawan Array duck9000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Outer Rim
    Posts
    2,461
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nurdiesge View Post
    Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear

    So I simply build the Custom 2.2 (which one can currently do with a Mac only) and then Shift + Restore via iTunes, right?
    You got it right
    ** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation, please click here **.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 06:33 PM
  2. No signal after 2.2 Quickpwn Update
    By krakeman in forum Quickpwn
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 01:03 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-01-2009, 06:19 AM
  4. [QuickPwn RC3 (1.5.1)] Update Released
    By n350z in forum Quickpwn
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 10:54 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2008, 01:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:24 AM.
twitter, follow us!