I cannot seem to get the phone to activate to use with AT&T. I only unlocked my iPhone so I could fake activate (since AT&T blocks MediaNet for those accounts who have activated an iPhone within the last billing cycle), and now I cannot get the phone to activate to work with my legal AT&T sim (not to mention my T-mobile.) I left my sim out when I restored and quickpwned it to activate, and it is stuck with ... in the corner. I recieve full signal where I live so it is not that.
PS this probably should go under quickpwn, but I am also having trouble with yellowsn0w
And here are the steps I used:
1. DFU restored (I always restore this way)
2. Quickpwned to jailbrake and activate
3. Launched Cydia and updated.
4. Added yellowsn0w source, and installed the app
5. Inserted my t-mobile sim (up till now I havent had a sim in)
6. Rebooted and it still says ... in the carrier (my unlocked 2G will say NO SERVICE when the t-mobile sim is in)
7. Inserted legit AT&T sim, rebooted, still ...