Silly me, I read that you can safely upgrade to 2.1 using iTunes on a previously pwnaged 2.0.2 phone.
Actually, I was on ziphone 1.1.4 and then shift-restore to 2.0 and upgraded to 2.0.2 while retaining the unlock and activate.
Now, I'm on iTunes8.0 and upgraded to 2.1. I can see the new Edge icon, but it says incompatible SIM card and only slide for emergency.
What do I do now?
Two option wait for pwnage/winpwn versions that supports 2.1fw or downgrade to 2.0.2 and use Quickpwn/winpwn to unlock
I haven't tried yet but downgrading it should be the same process as the link below.
Before attempting to downgrade, I tried the following.
From another thread in this forum, I tried the following:
1. Download QuickPwnRC3.
2. Download iPhone1,1_2.0.2_5C1_Restore.ipsw
3. Download BL-39.bin and BL-46.bin
4. Let QuickPwnRC3 do its thing.
5. Says it is finish, reboots and I'm stuck at the Apple logo and a spinning icon.
6. Icon spins for a while and then stops spinning. Nothing appears to be happening for more than 5mins.
7. What do I do next?
always the noob ...why ...why can you just wait
I've just started a shift/restore to 2.0.2 from 2.1 and so far it working..
Originally Posted by hamproof
One thing I will say is it sits @ (preparing to restore) with iphone spinning wheel for a good five minutes
I'll let you know what happens ;)
Sipher what's the fun in that?? Screwing with your Iphone is the reason I came here in the first place! lol...
And you can always Downgrade/Restore with the 2g Iphone if something goes wrong... no risks at all...
The phone needs activating again but it worked fine I'm back on 2.0.2 fw
This is where I am now:
1. Shift-Restore from iTunes8.0 using iPhone1,1_2.0.2_5C1_Restore.ipsw
2. Now, I can make calls but it shows the slide for emergency call. T-Mobile icon is showing as well.
What do I do next? Thanks.
You just need to run Quickpwn to activate and you should be sorted.