Downgrade 2.2.1 to 2.2
Okay, so on saturday my iPhone randomly put itself into restore mode. With over 2000 songs and countless files not backed up on it, I tried desperately to get it out of restore mode using QuickPwn. Instead, I found how to downgrade my iPhone from 2.2.1 to 2.2. Trust me when I say this, my iPhone software on iTunes clearly says 2.2 now while before (i accidently ugraded in jan. to 2.2.1) I had 2.2.1
So here we go (this may not work for everyone)
1. Put your ipod into restore mode
2. Download the 2.2 firmware
3. Enter iTunes. It will tell you that you will need to restore the iphone, just click okay. Press option (mac) or shift (windows) while clicking on the restore button. This will let you pick which firmware you want to restore to.
4. Now this is the important step. Once at a certain step, iTunes will say error 1103. Do not panic. Click ok and exit iTunes.
5. Load quickpwn with your iphone still plugged in. It will tell you to hold down the home and power button for 15 seconds and power for 2 seconds. Do exactly as said. Your iPhone should reboot itself out of restore mode now.
6. Connect to iTunes and it will ask you to set up your phone. Click sync as old phone (the second option)
7. iTunes will restore your iPhone.
8. Once restored, check your firmware on iTunes.
Hope this works for you as it did for me! Good luck
Im not sure I understand because people don't normally have any problems downgrading a 2G phones firmware.
i think what he forgot to mention is that he was able to do all this without the songs and stuff being deleted......and ofcrse the happily ever after ...hehe ....