1.1.2.. upgrade to 2.0.2?
I apologize in advance for any questions asked which will definitely have been answered somewhere before. I just want to be sure that I understood everything correctly.
I have a iPhone 2G with firmware 1.1.2 which was activated, jailbroken und unlocked using (yeah, I hear the mourns) ZiPhone 1.0. So it has still the original bootloader 4.6. Everything works like a charm. But now I have my SMS Mailbox full and I decided it may be time to do the step to 2.02 or 1.1.4. I am not unexperienced and now a couple of things, but I since I didn't update for long time I am kind of not-up-to-date regarding all the different pwning processes.
Now I heard cases of people having problems with their batterylife and complaining about crashes after 2.0. I don't need much, but what I really want to have is:
- 2.02 activated, jailbroken, unlocked
- Installer (no Cydia)
- my old SMS, Photos etc. transferred to 2.02
- no problems with battery life and stable :)
1. So my first question is: Should I stick (or at least upgrade) to 1.1.4 to have a totally stable Phone or can I use 2.02?
2. If I go to 2.02: I'd rather use Quickpwn, or do I need to do the whole pwnage process using WinPwn/Pwnage Tool (after reading the tut and FAQ I still don't understand the exact difference)? As the procedure has grown, am I better off using WinPwn instead of QuickPwn (which is quite new)?
3. If I update and restore it with my old SMS, Photos etc. will I run into any problems with battery life and stability? Would it be better to get a 100% stable phone to set the phone up as a new phone and then copy my old SMS and photos back via SSH? Probably the old SMS.db (don't know its exact name) will be incompatible with 2.02, won't it?.
4. Using both processes I will need to put my phone into DFU Mode. As I used ZiPhone 1.0 I am still kind of afraid of fucking my phone up because of this. Do I need to do any extra steps because I used ZiPhone 1.0?
5. So if I pwn my iPhone I would a) create custom ipsw b) pwn my phone c) restore my iPhone with custom ipsw d) how can I then get my old data back on my phone? I set it up as something like "old Phone" and then my old Backup will be written to the phone, right?
6. Which version of iTunes to I need? I am on 7.5, and need to upgrade to 7.7, yes?
7. Should I install Cydia instead of installer? I don't want them both, but I heard that Cydia was part of the battery problem. I still don't know if that was the case? Is Installer a
I hope someone can help me who knows more than I do, cause at the moment I just can't read as much as would like to. But I still want to be on the safe side doing the update.