Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
Discuss Iphone possibly brick.. someone verify? at the Quickpwn - Hackint0sh.org; So I have an Iphone 2g 8gb I bought from a friend. He had the ...
  1. #1
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Iphone possibly brick.. someone verify?

    So I have an Iphone 2g 8gb I bought from a friend. He had the phone unlocked. I wanted to update it and for the lack of knowing what I was doing I've caused a problem I don't know how to fix.

    I began restoring my iphone figuring I could start from the beginning and Activate/jailbreak/unlock the phone myself since it seemed pretty simple. As my iphone finished restoring it came up with this screen



    Now if I try to use anything like Iliberty or Ziphone it gets stuck not going into "recovery" mode.

    Then I get stuck with something like this picture below not being able to get back to the picture above unless I restore my phone.

    I've read several things that may suggest my iphone is bricked but I've yet to ask anyone who knows enough about unlocking and jailbreaking an Iphone to tell me that it's bricked.

    I was under the assumption that if your iphone is bricked you can't activate it. But if I had an at&t sim card i would be able to activate it and still have a working phone.




    is it still possible to jailbreak/unlock/activate my phone?
    Last edited by Tricksta22; 10-29-2008 at 08:18 PM.



  2. #2
    Young Padawan Array duck9000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Outer Rim
    Posts
    2,461
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    149

    Default

    Start all over again, but this time use this tutorial: How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.1 2G iPhone Using QuickPwn (Windows)
    ** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation, please click here **.

  3. #3
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I had a similar problem when I restored my iPhone. I am presuming that when you restored your iPhone it would have been restored with 2.1 FW. I think you have a different sim ( not the one supplied when you bought the iPhone ) and hence you are getting the message. If you put an AT&T sim it should bring you to the activate screen on the iTunes when you hook up the iphone.

    Bottomline, I dont think your iPhone is bricked. Its not activated and is showing the message bcoz its expecting a AT&T Sim in the SIM tray.

    Follow the steps indicated in the post by duck900 and let us know. I think you should be fine.

  4. #4
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The third post I find similar to my problem.

    I don't know, if you've read it correctly. At least my problem is, that there is no way to enter the DFU mode. I tried any tutorials, did it exactly as QuickPwn showed, tried iLiberty, but it always is in recovery, not DFU mode. So there is no way for me to unlock it.

    If anyone has any hint how to get my iPhone into DFU mode, please please help me!!!

    Otherwise, if there is no way to get into this mode, is it possible to activate my iPhone with another german T-Mobile iPhone card that is in use in another regular, non unlocked/jailbreaked iPhone? Or will this card then be fixed on my iPhone and not work again in the other? Maybe this is the way to get my iPhone back working normal at least and maybe then I can enter the DFU mode?!

    Please, please, please help me!

  5. #5
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lassef View Post
    The third post I find similar to my problem.

    I don't know, if you've read it correctly. At least my problem is, that there is no way to enter the DFU mode. I tried any tutorials, did it exactly as QuickPwn showed, tried iLiberty, but it always is in recovery, not DFU mode. So there is no way for me to unlock it.

    If anyone has any hint how to get my iPhone into DFU mode, please please help me!!!

    Otherwise, if there is no way to get into this mode, is it possible to activate my iPhone with another german T-Mobile iPhone card that is in use in another regular, non unlocked/jailbreaked iPhone? Or will this card then be fixed on my iPhone and not work again in the other? Maybe this is the way to get my iPhone back working normal at least and maybe then I can enter the DFU mode?!

    Please, please, please help me!
    Sorry, there is no way around DFU manually.

    Try again and again. here is how to:

    Get the iPhone into DFU mode. When in this mode the iPhone screen is black.
    1. Connect the iPhone and your Mac/PC
    2. Shut down iTunes
    3. Hold Power/Sleep until the red slider shows up, slide to shut the iPhone down. If this aint work hold Power/Sleep and Home until the iPhone shuts down.
    3. Hold Start/Sleep and Home for 10 seconds (I count like 100, 200, 300, ..)
    4. Let go of Start/Sleep but keep holding Home until...
    5. ... iTunes starts up and finds an iPhone in restore/recovery mode. The iPhone screen is black.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2


  6. #6
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thanks, but this is exactly what I do.

    1. Connect the iPhone and my PC
    2. Shut down iTunes (mostly it isn't on as it doesn't react on the iPhone in restore mode)
    3. Hold Power/Sleep (no slider coming at all) hold Power/Sleep and Home until the iPhone shuts down (shuts down after few seconds)
    3. Hold Start/Sleep and Home for 10 seconds (done)
    4. Let go of Start/Sleep but keep holding Home until...
    5. ... iTunes starts up and finds an iPhone in restore/recovery mode. The iPhone screen is black.

    On point 3./4., the apple logo appears mostly while holding Power and Home 10 seconds, then the iPhone is back in restore, NOT DFU. Exactly this is my problem...

  7. #7
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lassef View Post
    Thanks, but this is exactly what I do.

    1. Connect the iPhone and my PC
    2. Shut down iTunes (mostly it isn't on as it doesn't react on the iPhone in restore mode)
    3. Hold Power/Sleep (no slider coming at all) hold Power/Sleep and Home until the iPhone shuts down (shuts down after few seconds)
    3. Hold Start/Sleep and Home for 10 seconds (done)
    4. Let go of Start/Sleep but keep holding Home until...
    5. ... iTunes starts up and finds an iPhone in restore/recovery mode. The iPhone screen is black.

    On point 3./4., the apple logo appears mostly while holding Power and Home 10 seconds, then the iPhone is back in restore, NOT DFU. Exactly this is my problem...
    Try less then 10 seconds at at 3. give 6-8 seconds a try. If yoou hold em too long this is the way to reboot the iPhone.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  8. #8
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'm going mad...

    No way. Neither 10, 8, 6 nor any other combination works to bring this f...ing phone into DFU mode.

    Maybe a hint: If I reset the iPhone pressing Power + Home it restarts and ends in the above screen with only emergency calls. After another 2 seconds, the slider to power off the iphone appears.

    Another hint: If not plugged into USB or power cord, it reboots any few seconds. Only the apple logo appears, then it reboots again since the battery is empty.

  9. #9
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lassef View Post
    I'm going mad...
    Maybe a hint: If I reset the iPhone pressing Power + Home it restarts and ends in the above screen with only emergency calls. After another 2 seconds, the slider to power off the iphone appears.
    Ok, disconnect iPhone and PC and when "slide to power off" shows up, do it. On your PC make sure iTunes is running. On your iPhone press and keep holding Home while you connect the iPhone to the PC. Keep holding home. iTunes should then popup a window telling to have an iphone in Recovery mode. If so, click OK and Restore to Apple firmware 2.1.

    give it a shot.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  10. #10
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Already done. The problem is, that the slider only appears when it is already plugged. If not, it falls back into the reboot loop.

    To me it seems the Power button hangs or is damaged.

    BigBoss wrote me, no software could damage the bootloader or any other part of the iPhone this way, to not get into the DFU in any way. Maybe this is the solution?!


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 11:35 AM
  2. Possibly Bricked? Possibly Broken?
    By Westy_21 in forum iPhone 3GS
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 02:32 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 04:54 PM
  4. How to verify which unlock method used on iPhone?
    By scratt in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 05:52 AM
  5. Virginized an over-unlocked brick - still a brick
    By dzhiurgis in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 05:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:20 AM.
twitter, follow us!