Discuss iPhone 2G 1.1.4 ( 3.9 FB ) upgrade to 2.1 at the Quickpwn - Hackint0sh.org; Is there any specific instruction that the sim card should be in teh phone or ...
Is there any specific instruction that the sim card should be in teh phone or not.. or does it work either way ?
I had downloaded the firmware using the restore option. Then I clicked the restore option after a little while. I am presuming that since the firmware was already downloaded it did not download it again.
I have the following questions. It would be great if someone could answer those :
1. I am not sure which Firmware is updated on my iPhone. How do i find which firmware version is updated on the phone through the iTunes ( by checking the logs or something ). I used the restore method and not the Shift restore method as commonly suggested...
2. I used the QuickPWN halfway to verify what was the version on my iPhone. It goes to the next step and prompts me to select the ipsw file starting with file name beginning with iPhone 1,1_2.1. When I select the iPSW file it comes up with a big green tick mark.
Does the QuickPWN tool ensure that the IPSW file matches the firmware on the phone.
3. Is there a method to update teh firmware on the iPhone without activating it ?
Please confirm your eMail or contact staff!
Hello you are asking too many questions. Just follow iClarifide procedure.
1. Restore to firmware 2.1 .( Restore option from itunes or shift + restore using downloaded firmware 2.1 )
This is latest firmware as of now. So if you click Restore in itunes it restores to latest firmware i.e 2.1 right now
2.Regarding simcard keep whatever simcard you are going to use in the phone during entire process.
3. Once you are restored to new firmware open Quickpwn and follow instructions. It automatically activates, jailbreaks and unlocks (make sure you select unlock checkbox from Quickpwn options list)
Originally Posted by itssuresh
Suresh is absolute right, too many questions plus all of them have already been answered. Just go for it and you are set.
Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
---------- iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
volkpost and suresh...
Thanks for your responses and baring with my rather repetitive questions. I have succesfully upgraded my mobile to 2.1 and its working like a treat.
Thank for everything.
By javacom in forum iPod Touch 1G
Last Post: 07-20-2008, 05:20 PM
By Allingby in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 05-13-2008, 10:36 AM
By snugget123 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 03-18-2008, 04:37 AM
By Jackal_007 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-25-2008, 08:37 PM
By mdfreeman in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-25-2008, 04:27 PM