Results 1 to 10 of 10
Discuss How to spoof/hactivate iPhone 2g??? at the Quickpwn - Hackint0sh.org; I've been googling on how to spoof a 2g iPhone. I currently have a 3g ...
  1. #1
    Advanced Array alphatectz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Question How to spoof/hactivate iPhone 2g???

    I've been googling on how to spoof a 2g iPhone. I currently have a 3g 16g black iPhone which I JB time to time. But I have a 2g thats just sitting in the box. I know I can always activate it by switching my number to it by connecting it to itunes but I don't want to lose by corporate discount, plus I'm on a family plan. I heard that I will be able to spoof/hacktivate the 2g by using quicklpwn butt question is how??? I updated my 3g to 2.2 but my 2g is like I said in the box. I'm not sure what fw it's on. Can some one please help. Thx.



  2. #2
    Speedy Administrator Array n350z's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,021
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    The same tools that you use to Activate & jailbreak (A.J) the 3G (i.e quickpwn & pwnagetool) will also A.J & Unlock your 2G phone.
    -
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    Did we solve your problem? +1 us above
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    Follow Hackint0sh Follow Me

  3. #3
    Advanced Array alphatectz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n350z View Post
    The same tools that you use to Activate & jailbreak (A.J) the 3G (i.e quickpwn & pwnagetool) will also A.J & Unlock your 2G phone.
    Thx, but everytime I load quickpwn on iTunes and connect my 2g it just brings me to the apple/AT&T activation and then I have to go step by step to activate it with AT&T is there anything that I'm missing?

  4. #4
    Speedy Administrator Array n350z's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,021
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    It will because Its OTB (out the box)

    All you need to do is enter DFU mode and you will see a screen on itunes to restore the firmware to 2.2.

    Then run quickpwn with unlock selected or if your mac run boootneuter from Cydia after jailbreak is completes to unlock the baseband.

    iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode
    Last edited by n350z; 01-18-2009 at 07:03 PM.
    -
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    Did we solve your problem? +1 us above
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    Follow Hackint0sh Follow Me

  5. #5
    Advanced Array alphatectz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n350z View Post
    The same tools that you use to Activate & jailbreak (A.J) the 3G (i.e quickpwn & pwnagetool) will also A.J & Unlock your 2G phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by n350z View Post
    It will because Its OTB (out the box)

    All you need to do is enter DFU mode and you will see a screen on itunes to restore the firmware to 2.2.

    Then run quickpwn with unlock selected or if your mac run boootneuter from Cydia after jailbreak is completes to unlock the baseband.

    iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode
    Thnx, I'll try that.
    I'm using windows vista
    Last edited by alphatectz; 01-18-2009 at 07:32 PM.


  6. #6
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n350z View Post
    The same tools that you use to Activate & jailbreak (A.J) the 3G (i.e quickpwn & pwnagetool) will also A.J & Unlock your 2G phone.
    usefull for my 2G. thnx

  7. #7
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi guys, I am new to the forum but searched "hactivated iphone 2g" on google and this was the first to come up.


    I have a brand new iphone 2g and can't get it to work. I tried plugging in my iphone 3gs sim card but itunes requires me to add the $20 plan through ATT when I am already paying for the ATT 3GS. I am trying to unlock it so my mom can use the iphone without adding a data plan.

    This is the screen I get when I turn on my iphone.



    I tried using quickpwn but crashes when it asks me to do DFU. Any help will be nice.


    James

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phiber350 View Post
    Hi guys, I am new to the forum but searched "hactivated iphone 2g" on google and this was the first to come up.


    I have a brand new iphone 2g and can't get it to work. I tried plugging in my iphone 3gs sim card but itunes requires me to add the $20 plan through ATT when I am already paying for the ATT 3GS. I am trying to unlock it so my mom can use the iphone without adding a data plan.

    This is the screen I get when I turn on my iphone.



    I tried using quickpwn but crashes when it asks me to do DFU. Any help will be nice.
    What OS are you running?

    Try this: iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.0.x Using RedSn0w (Windows)
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  9. #9
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I have the exact same problem. I am using windowa vista and 7 (laptop and desktop respectively). I was told by apple support that i need a cold sim card to get past the activation screen. i put one in and it still did not work. I want this phone to be used as an ipod however my plan is to unlock it and have it as a reliable backup phone. I am also considering selling it and i have a potential buyer and i want to have it ready in case i decide to sell it.

    PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!!!

  10. #10
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discodave View Post
    I have the exact same problem. I am using windowa vista and 7 (laptop and desktop respectively). I was told by apple support that i need a cold sim card to get past the activation screen. i put one in and it still did not work. I want this phone to be used as an ipod however my plan is to unlock it and have it as a reliable backup phone. I am also considering selling it and i have a potential buyer and i want to have it ready in case i decide to sell it.
    If you want to use a 2G iPhone as an iPod only then you need the original SIM that came with the 2G iPhone. This SIM must have been activated with the original carrier. That SIM will activate the phone even it is now deactivated. This is clearly explained at the following Apple support page http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3406

    Any other SIM card will produce the screen described above. If the original SIM card was never activated then it will also produce the same screen.

    This is ONLY true for a 2G iPhone.

    The other solution is to force the iPhone into DFU mode and jailbreak it with redsn0w. This will hacktivate the phone and everything aside from push notifications will work.
    Last edited by Olethros; 01-31-2010 at 09:28 PM.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Can unlocked iPhone spoof another phone?
    By ryanjg11 in forum iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 05:39 PM
  2. Spoof IMEI number on 2G iphone??
    By claudiuslu in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 04:04 PM
  3. [iPhone 3G] SIM Spoof a 3G ?
    By SoNaughty in forum iPhone 3G
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 02:58 AM
  4. [any] Spoof iphone/ipod touch MAC adress
    By creepinshadow24/7 in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2008, 08:55 PM
  5. spoof iPhone MAC adress
    By babypink in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 05:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:38 PM.
twitter, follow us!