Simple steps to Update to and Jailbreak 2.2 using Quickpwn 2.1 and firmware 2.1
!!! NOTE : THIS IS FOR 2G iPHONE ONLY !!!
1. Open QuickPwn 2.1 and let it detect your
iPhone with firmware 2.1
2. go ahead with QuickPwn and browse for firmware 2.1 in your computer. after it gives ok, leave QuickPwn open.
3. open iTunes and click UPDATE ("I SAID UPDATE" not restore)
to update to 2.2 ( if you have the 2.2 firmware file, use it for faster results
4. after iTunes finishes the update, close iTunes, go back to QuickPwn and hit next.
5. you can select: change bootlogos(work fine), installer (work but dont have any programs to install), Cydia ( dont work, crashes after the first screen).
6. do the DFU procedures as QuickPwn instructions.
7. wait a little bit and enjoy your 2.2 jailbroken and unlocked iPhone 2G.
Check the Youtube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdlpGtBrb_w
PS. dont do that if you dont know what are you doing.
this is just for the people that will not sleep before see the 2.2 running on jailbroken.
PS2. my advice, wait for the DevTeam to release the QuickPwn 2.2
PS3. if you have a spare iphone with firmware 2.1, you can use it to do the first steps with QuickPwn and after the firmware browse screen, you may disconect it and connect your UPDATED 2.2 iphone to proceed.