Page 91 of 106 FirstFirst ... 417181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 1053
Like Tree13Likes
Discuss Is UIPhoneFormats.plist gone on firmware 2.1? at the PwnageTool - Hackint0sh.org; ...
  1. #901
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank8 View Post
    The file is right , it solve the Caller ID match with address-book
    between
    +880 1x-xxxx-xxxx and 01x-xxxx-xxxx
    or
    +880 2-xxx-xxxx and 02-xxx-xxxx

    But to set Bangladesh in International->Region Format (to get formatting also for local numbers without +880):
    install "erica utilities" from Cydia
    Open WinSCP and connect to iPhone (same as when you transfer files)
    open "Commands" menu and select "Open Terminal"
    when Terminal Window appear cut next line:
    /usr/bin/plutil -set AppleLocale -value en_BD /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences.plist
    and paste in "Enter_command" then click on "Execute".
    if result is OK you can see "Writing new value for AppleLocale to " without errors .
    Restart .

    and "CallerID-Format Fix iOS 5.x" is coming soon.
    Thanks Frank. Now, it is working perfectly.


  2. #902
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    313
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    CallerID-Format Fix iOS 5.x - v1.0 is now available on Cydia - Localization

  3. Thanks Glassman13, HomeGrown thanked for this post.
    Like HomeGrown liked this post.
  4. #903
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Exclamation i got some of my massages gone

    Dear Mr Frank
    thanks for your help
    i got this situation after coping your file
    i had some of my messages won't show up for a particular contacts.
    i will try to explain further ..
    before replacing my Default.phoneformat with your file
    i had this contact that i had sent and received sms to and from as you know before installing the fix
    we would see the sent messages to this contact in the sms app with the contact name
    and in the other the received one with +963 ######### number only without the contact name (syria is my country).
    after replacing my file with yours i could see the correct name for the received sms from the contact person until now every thing looks fine .
    but the problem is that i had some of the massages i sent to this contact won't show up in the chat window and which is the first 20 sms i sent to this contact ... i restored the again file and i could see them again ..
    i think their is something with the history or the length of the messages coz i had a lot of massages sent and received with this contact and it's important to keep them all even if i had to hit (load Earlier messages) to navigate to the older ones ...
    i hope i could explain my case ...
    hoping that you can fix this soon ..

    thanks a lot for being such a nice man and welcoming to help our community ..
    wish you Good luck

  5. Thanks Glassman13 thanked for this post.
  6. #904
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    313
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowrain View Post
    Dear Mr Frank
    thanks for your help
    i got this situation after coping your file
    i had some of my messages won't show up for a particular contacts.
    i will try to explain further ..
    before replacing my Default.phoneformat with your file
    i had this contact that i had sent and received sms to and from as you know before installing the fix
    we would see the sent messages to this contact in the sms app with the contact name
    and in the other the received one with +963 ######### number only without the contact name (syria is my country).
    after replacing my file with yours i could see the correct name for the received sms from the contact person until now every thing looks fine .
    but the problem is that i had some of the massages i sent to this contact won't show up in the chat window and which is the first 20 sms i sent to this contact ... i restored the again file and i could see them again ..
    i think their is something with the history or the length of the messages coz i had a lot of massages sent and received with this contact and it's important to keep them all even if i had to hit (load Earlier messages) to navigate to the older ones ...
    i hope i could explain my case ...
    hoping that you can fix this soon ..

    thanks a lot for being such a nice man and welcoming to help our community ..
    wish you Good luck
    Unfortunately for the totally unsupported countries the behavior of the old text messages after the fix could be ​​unpredictable.
    I suggest you to save (cut and paste text of messages) into notes and start from a clean situation before the fix.

  7. #905
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default I Live in Laos

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank8 View Post
    CallerID-Format Fix iOS 5.x - v1.0 is now available on Cydia - Localization
    Hi Frank,

    I have tried to install Localization on Cydia but it doesn't work, I live in Laos and I believe that Laos isn't listed in the Localization. The phone format is: +856 20 ### ## ### (Mobile SMS), 020 ### ## ### (Mobile call), Please help!

    My phone is iPhone 4 iOS 5. Thank you in advance.

    As I have been reading all the threads. I would like to add Laos in International -> Region Format. Please also help...
    Last edited by Laoboy650; 11-16-2011 at 09:19 AM.


  8. #906
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    313
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laoboy650 View Post
    Hi Frank,

    I have tried to install Localization on Cydia but it doesn't work, I live in Laos and I believe that Laos isn't listed in the Localization. The phone format is: +856 20 ### ## ### (Mobile SMS), 020 ### ## ### (Mobile call), Please help!

    My phone is iPhone 4 iOS 5. Thank you in advance.

    As I have been reading all the threads. I would like to add Laos in International -> Region Format. Please also help...

    OK, Laos was included but with 9 digits for mobiles instead of 10 and
    according to wikipedia international call prefix is + or 100 (was 00).

    Save original file:
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppSupport.framework/Default.phoneformat
    substitute with:
    https://rapidshare.com/files/8933463...lt.phoneformat
    check file permissions = 644 (owner:rw- group:r-- world:r--) should already be
    and restart.

    How to set Laos in International->Region Format (to get formatting also for local numbers without +856):
    install "erica utilities" from Cydia
    Open WinSCP and connect to iPhone (same as when you transfer files)
    open "Commands" menu and select "Open Terminal"
    when Terminal Window appear cut next line:
    /usr/bin/plutil -set AppleLocale -value en_LA /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences.plist
    and paste in "Enter_command" then click on "Execute".
    if result is OK you can see "Writing new value for AppleLocale to " without errors .
    Restart .

  9. #907
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank8 View Post
    OK, Laos was included but with 9 digits for mobiles instead of 10 and
    according to wikipedia international call prefix is + or 100 (was 00).

    Save original file:
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppSupport.framework/Default.phoneformat
    substitute with:
    https://rapidshare.com/files/8933463...lt.phoneformat
    check file permissions = 644 (owner:rw- group:r-- world:r--) should already be
    and restart.

    How to set Laos in International->Region Format (to get formatting also for local numbers without +856):
    install "erica utilities" from Cydia
    Open WinSCP and connect to iPhone (same as when you transfer files)
    open "Commands" menu and select "Open Terminal"
    when Terminal Window appear cut next line:
    /usr/bin/plutil -set AppleLocale -value en_LA /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences.plist
    and paste in "Enter_command" then click on "Execute".
    if result is OK you can see "Writing new value for AppleLocale to …" without errors .
    Restart .

    Thank you for your quick respond.

    I have substituted with the file you sent me but it doesn't work, I would like to tell you that Laos phone format has been changed about 3 months ago from 7 digits number to 8 without country & area code (phone number is 8 digits). Now when i save a contact name Mr. A, I save it 555 55 555 but when i receive phone call it shows 020 555 55 555 just number and it doesn't show the name Mr. A. Also when i receive sms it shows +856 20 555 55 555 just number. Please help.

    Forgot to mention for international call prefix when we call out is either + or 00 but it isn't the case right.

    Thank you very much Frank
    Last edited by Laoboy650; 11-17-2011 at 02:46 AM.

  10. #908
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    313
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laoboy650 View Post
    Thank you for your quick respond.

    I have substituted with the file you sent me but it doesn't work, I would like to tell you that Laos phone format has been changed about 3 months ago from 7 digits number to 8 without country & area code (phone number is 8 digits). Now when i save a contact name Mr. A, I save it 555 55 555 but when i receive phone call it shows 020 555 55 555 just number and it doesn't show the name Mr. A. Also when i receive sms it shows +856 20 555 55 555 just number. Please help.

    Forgot to mention for international call prefix when we call out is either + or 00 but it isn't the case right.

    Thank you very much Frank

    Ok , try this one

    Save original file:
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppSupport.framework/Default.phoneformat
    substitute with:
    https://rapidshare.com/files/2932137...lt.phoneformat
    check file permissions = 644 (owner:rw- group:r-- world:r--) should already be
    and restart.

  11. #909
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank8 View Post
    Ok , try this one

    Save original file:
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppSupport.framework/Default.phoneformat
    substitute with:
    https://rapidshare.com/files/2932137...lt.phoneformat
    check file permissions = 644 (owner:rw- group:r-- world:r--) should already be
    and restart.

    oh heaven have mercy, This is so great. It works. Thank you so much Frank. I have been looking to fix this problem for more than a year and I thought there would be no fix for this problem. You're SO helpful for everyone. Thank you again for your effort! I REALLY appreciate it.
    Last edited by Laoboy650; 11-18-2011 at 03:37 AM.

  12. #910
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank8 View Post
    Ok , try this one

    Save original file:
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppSupport.framework/Default.phoneformat
    substitute with:
    https://rapidshare.com/files/2932137...lt.phoneformat
    check file permissions = 644 (owner:rw- group:r-- world:r--) should already be
    and restart.

    Hi Frank,

    It's me again. After using for a couple of days I've found that the format 020 555 55 555 & +856 20 555 55 5555 is quite hard to recognize. Could you please help me fixed these formats to: (020) 5555-5555 & +856 (20) 5555-5555. I really appreciate your help. Thank you.


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. [Firmware] 2.0 Beta > plist for Exchange-Folders and Preferences?
    By michis0806 in forum iPhone Developer Exchange
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 05:11 PM
  2. 1.1.3 carrier.plist & operator.plist inaccessible
    By legitimie in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 06:31 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 10:36 PM
  4. Firmware 1.1.1 and CarrierMap.plist
    By timschuerewegen in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-21-2007, 06:49 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-19-2007, 06:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:36 AM.
twitter, follow us!