Page 5 of 106 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314152555105 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 1053
Like Tree13Likes
Discuss Is UIPhoneFormats.plist gone on firmware 2.1? at the PwnageTool - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by HighD Well, at first it seemed to fix the SMS issue where ...
  1. #41
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HighD View Post
    Well, at first it seemed to fix the SMS issue where the phone does not recognize the name of the contact sending the message because of the country/area code, it would just display the number with the area code appended to the end. Further inspection revealed that even when I first sent a sms to a contact not including the country/area code would open another "conversation" on the phone, not the same I originally started.

    And no formatting at all...numbers for Costa Rica are still 12345789 or +506 12345678
    I see. Hmmm...

    Well, I think you're dealing with a different issue. What you need is to make the phone recognize the last 7 digits of a phone number, instead of the whole 10 or 12 digits. Back in 1.1.4 I did that with an AppSupport hack, but later it "got" fixed (for me or my country, I don't know) so I never looked further into it.

    Maybe this will help you...

    http://www.paintedreamz.com/items/view/450


    But what I really want is to regain the Number Masking, which I used to do through:

    /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/PhoneFormats/UIPhoneFormats.plist

    now replaced by:

    /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/PhoneFormats/UIDefaultFormats.phoneformat


    HELP!!!


  2. #42
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sirkako View Post
    I see. Hmmm...

    Well, I think you're dealing with a different issue. What you need is to make the phone recognize the last 7 digits of a phone number, instead of the whole 10 or 12 digits. Back in 1.1.4 I did that with an AppSupport hack, but later it "got" fixed (for me or my country, I don't know) so I never looked further into it.

    Maybe this will help you...

    http://www.paintedreamz.com/items/view/450


    But what I really want is to regain the Number Masking, which I used to do through:

    /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/PhoneFormats/UIPhoneFormats.plist

    now replaced by:

    /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/PhoneFormats/UIDefaultFormats.phoneformat


    HELP!!!

    Well, I'd like number masking also. Let's just wait and see. I'm not experienced enough to decode the file but there must be someone who can help us with this.

    And about that issue with the sms, I'll try that fix tomorrow. Will post results!

    Thanks!

  3. #43
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HighD View Post
    Well it worked for me also...there's something I'm not getting, how was this possible? What did the developer do? Shouldn't he had modded this new binary format file we are talking about?What do you guys mean by "number formatting"? Is it for example "XXXX-XXXX" so it gives the number a format divided by two parts? Sorry about the dumb questions, just got my iphone and I'm trying to absorb this whole thing so I could maybe do something for the community. I'm currently studying computer engineering and want to develop for mobile phones and maybe get started on the iphone. Thank you all.

    Apple simply didn't put in the effort to make the number display properly here.

    In 1.1.1 through to 2.0.2, I simply added the following:


    <string>04## ### ###</string>
    <string>+61 4## ### ###</string>
    <string>+61-2 #### ####</string>
    <string>+61-3 #### ####</string>
    <string>+61-7 #### ####</string>
    <string>+61-8 #### ####</string>
    <string>(02) #### ####</string>
    <string>(03) #### ####</string>
    <string>(07) #### ####</string>
    <string>(08) #### ####</string>
    <string>#### ####</string>
    <string>1#00 ### ###</string>
    <string>13 ## ##</string>
    <string>1300 ####</string>


    At the moment I either get one big blob of numbers or something which makes no sense at all.


    I have tried and tried and can't get the phoneformat file top display nicely in anything

    The general response most editors give is:

    There was an error reading the property list file (The file /Users/jasper/Desktop/UIDefaultFormats.phoneformat could not be opened because an error occurred parsing the file.
    XML parser error:
    Unexpected character at line 1
    Old-style plist parser error:
    Unexpected character '0xdf00' at line 1
    ).
    Would you like to open the raw text of the file instead?


    Can we somehow resolve the "unexpected character at line 1" to allow nice plist style editing?


    Anyone who achieves this will be very popular in the iPhone community


    A few suggestions:
    * Could we email the guy with that region patch to see how he achieved his formatting
    * Could we request help from another community (in hTOSH or elsewhere) that has specific inclination towards plist files or something?



    Doobi18
    Last edited by doobi18; 09-16-2008 at 10:20 AM. Reason: elaboration

  4. #44
    Kv8
    Kv8 is offline
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sirkako View Post
    Good one! You're right!

    This is what the file looks like:

    Code:
    ### ##########
    #### ########
    # ########
    ##### ##########
    n# ### ## ## ##
    ####
    n### ## ## ## ##
    n# ### ####
    n## #######
    n## ### ####
    (n## ##) ####-####
    (n##) ####-####
    ####-####
    (##) ####-####
    n# ### ## ##
    n## ### ## ##
    ###-###-####
    ###-####-####
    n##-########
    ###-###-#####
    #####
    n###-########
    ### ### ###
    ####
    n ### ### ###
    ### ##########
    ## ##########
    ##### ##########
    #### ##########
    ## ## ## ##
    ####
    #### ####
    ### ####
    ### ### ###
    ## ##########
    ### #######
    ## #########
    ## ########
    ### ########
    ### ######
    # ##########
    n# ## ## ## ##
    n### ### ###
    n### ### ###
    n### ### ###
    n### ### ###
    n# ## ## ## ##
    n### ### ###
    ## ## ######
    #### ######
    ### ## #####
    ### #######
    ##### #####
    #### ####
    ## ##############
    ### ######
    ## #######
    (##) ######
    ### ##############
    (#) #######
    n ## ### ###
    n ## ### ####
    ### ###
    ### ####
    n # ### ####
    ## ########
    ### ########
    #### ########
    #########
    003##
    005 006
    007##
    n#-####-####
    n###-###-####
    n#-###-####
    n##-####-####
    n##-###-####
    ####-####
    ####
    n###-####-####
    (n ##) ### ###
    (n #) ### ####
    (n ###) ## ###
    ## ## ##
    ####
    ## ###
    ### ####
    #### ####
    ########
    n## #######
    n### #### ###
    n### ######
    ######
    #######
    ####
    n# ########
    ##-###
    #####
    ## ## ## ##
    ### ## ###
    ### ### ###
    ## ######
    ## ### ## ##
    ### ### ###
    (n###) ### ###
    (n##) ### ## ##
    n### ### ###
    ##-##
    #-##
    (###) ###-##-##
    ##-##-##
    ###-##-##
    # (###) ###-##-##
    #-##-##
    ###-### ## ##
    ###-### ##
    #-### ### ##
    #-### ## ##
    ##-### ### ##
    ##-## ## ##
    ##-### ## ##
    ###-### ### ##
    #-### ##
    #-## ## ##
    ###-## ## ##
    ##-### ##
    #### ####
    n##/### ## ##
    #/#### ####
    ### ### ###
    #####
    n### ### ###
    ##/### ## ##
    n#/#### ####
    n (###) ### ## ##
    ### ## ##
    n##-#######
    n#-########
    n###-###-####
    n#-#######
    n##-###-####
    n###-###-###
    n###-#####
    n##-######
    ###-####
    n (###) ###-####
    c (###) ###-####
    ###-####
    n (###) ###-####
    c (###) ###-####
    18 ###
    ## #### ####
    0011
    # #### ####
    (n#) #### ####
    n### ### ###
    ######
    ## ## ##
    (##) #########
    (#) ########
    (n##) #######
    #### #####
    (n##) #######
    I'm guessing "n" stands for the country code, which is pulled from a different pref.plist, so we need to edit this...

    hmmm.... :hack:


    You know... I'm thinking maybe we don't need to alter this file at all. All the number formats and masks available seem to be there. Maybe we need to find the "other" pref file where you tell the phone you're in a supported country...

    hmmm...
    What is the exactly command for sting, or how you opened it?

  5. #45
    Senior Professional Array slimnickyy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    418
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Yes, exactly, me too. Apparently it's too difficult for Apple to spend five minutes on Wikipedia to correctly display the phone formats for countries besides the US. I used to be able to fix this by editing UIphoneformats.plist. I open the new .phoneformat file using string command in terminal, but as shown above it just lists a bunch of formatting, but no idea on how to make it work or edit it.

    Solutions?

    What i have: 02098905609
    What it should be: 020 9890 5609

    Quote Originally Posted by sirkako View Post
    I see. Hmmm...

    Well, I think you're dealing with a different issue. What you need is to make the phone recognize the last 7 digits of a phone number, instead of the whole 10 or 12 digits. Back in 1.1.4 I did that with an AppSupport hack, but later it "got" fixed (for me or my country, I don't know) so I never looked further into it.

    Maybe this will help you...

    http://www.paintedreamz.com/items/view/450


    But what I really want is to regain the Number Masking, which I used to do through:

    /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/PhoneFormats/UIPhoneFormats.plist

    now replaced by:

    /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/PhoneFormats/UIDefaultFormats.phoneformat


    HELP!!!


  6. #46
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slimnickyy View Post
    Yes, exactly, me too. Apparently it's too difficult for Apple to spend five minutes on Wikipedia to correctly display the phone formats for countries besides the US. I used to be able to fix this by editing UIphoneformats.plist. I open the new .phoneformat file using string command in terminal, but as shown above it just lists a bunch of formatting, but no idea on how to make it work or edit it.

    Solutions?

    What i have: 02098905609
    What it should be: 020 9890 5609

    I use the package "Net.-Local Number Format" from Cydia as recommended by Aviegas here
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=51978

    works perfect for me while travelling. It gets information on the correct formatting via MCC/MNC of the carrier you are using.
    Thx to Aviegas and saurik.

    Hope that helps
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  7. #47
    Senior Professional Array slimnickyy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    418
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    As already noted in this thread by me -- that option doesn't do anything since UK is supported and I use O2.

    The phone works okay, and caller ID is fine, etc. What I want is proper number formats, which the iPhone never had for the UK. I used to be able to add them myself with the old plist file. I am here seeking ideas on how to edit the new file to get proper (customised) number formats again.

  8. #48
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slimnickyy View Post
    As already noted in this thread by me -- that option doesn't do anything since UK is supported and I use O2.

    The phone works okay, and caller ID is fine, etc. What I want is proper number formats, which the iPhone never had for the UK. I used to be able to add them myself with the old plist file. I am here seeking ideas on how to edit the new file to get proper (customised) number formats again.
    Same here. I am using a prepaid T-Mobile in germany while here. CallerID works ok. Number formatting only works kind of ok when the iPhone OS is set to German - what I dont have - and even then not in all cases. After Applying the patch that works.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  9. #49
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kv8 View Post
    What is the exactly command for sting, or how you opened it?
    Jut open terminal, type "strings" at the prompt and drag the UIDefaultFormats.phoneformat file to the Terminal window and hit return.

    The full command should look likt this:

    "$: strings /Users/YOU/Desktop/UIDefaultFormats.phoneformat"

    if the file is on your desktop.

  10. #50
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    I use the package "Net.-Local Number Format" from Cydia as recommended by Aviegas here
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=51978

    works perfect for me while travelling. It gets information on the correct formatting via MCC/MNC of the carrier you are using.
    Thx to Aviegas and saurik.

    Hope that helps
    Nop. That didn't do it for me, but thanks!


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. [Firmware] 2.0 Beta > plist for Exchange-Folders and Preferences?
    By michis0806 in forum iPhone Developer Exchange
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 05:11 PM
  2. 1.1.3 carrier.plist & operator.plist inaccessible
    By legitimie in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 06:31 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 10:36 PM
  4. Firmware 1.1.1 and CarrierMap.plist
    By timschuerewegen in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-21-2007, 06:49 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-19-2007, 06:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:09 PM.
twitter, follow us!