Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
Discuss Pwnagetool *unofficial* tutorial: iOS4.0 at the PwnageTool - Hackint0sh.org; if you get the error 1600 during the update, so please try it without the ...
  1. #11
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    if you get the error 1600 during the update, so please try it without the dfu-mode.

    - boot your iphone
    - conect to itunes
    - press shift and restore to select your cutsom firmware and start the update

    markus


  2. #12
    Supporter Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thanks! That's one great tutorial.

    I do have a question, perhaps somebody knows the answer: Is it mandatory to start with a jailbroken 3GS, ver 3.1.x phone to upgrade to a jailbroken 4.0? Or could you just start with a "plain" OS?

  3. #13
    bmw
    bmw is offline
    Supporter Array bmw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by rrpalma View Post
    Thanks! That's one great tutorial.

    I do have a question, perhaps somebody knows the answer: Is it mandatory to start with a jailbroken 3GS, ver 3.1.x phone to upgrade to a jailbroken 4.0? Or could you just start with a "plain" OS?
    Doesn't have to be jailbroken and Thanks!
    There is no such thing as a mistake, there is what you do, and what you don't do.

  4. #14
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I have a 3GS with old Bootrom. I installed FW 4.0. Then I use Pwnage 4.01 to create a custom restore. The problem is when I try to install that custom restore with iTunes. If I put the iPhone in DFU mode, I get a 1600 error. If I connect directly to iTunes, I have the message "Prepare iPhone to restore", and 3-4 minutes later, I get the 1604 error.
    Can anyone help me ??

    Thanks in advance.

  5. #15
    bmw
    bmw is offline
    Supporter Array bmw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demonas View Post
    I have a 3GS with old Bootrom. I installed FW 4.0. Then I use Pwnage 4.01 to create a custom restore. The problem is when I try to install that custom restore with iTunes. If I put the iPhone in DFU mode, I get a 1600 error. If I connect directly to iTunes, I have the message "Prepare iPhone to restore", and 3-4 minutes later, I get the 1604 error.
    Can anyone help me ??

    Thanks in advance.
    If I understand you correctly, you installed updated your iPhone 3gs to FW iOS4.0 first then you used PwnageTool 4.01 to create a custom restore? Before we go any further you've already made your mistake by upgrading to FW iOS4.0. Steps 1 and 2 on my tutorial clearly says, download the FW from iTunes but do not Install or Update, disconnect your iPhone from your computer.

    This is why you are getting error codes. You have locked your iPhone 3GS and now have to wait for a new Jailbreak/Unlock.
    There is no such thing as a mistake, there is what you do, and what you don't do.


  6. #16
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I have iPhone 3GS updated to iOS4.0, I followed the Dev-Team instructions for PwnageTool 4.01 the major problem I find that PwnageTool does not recognize the original firmware 2.1_4.0. I'm on Mac 10.6.4 with iTunes 9.2, I also tried older iTunes, and older Mac, but same issue. I changed the whole computer and tried another one, but failure too. I'm stuck in this point and want to get my iPhone working

  7. #17
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi,

    I have a 3GS and I'm trying to figure out if I have the old boot rom, I'm looking at my serial number and my 3,4,5 numbers are 002. Will this be ok to update to 4.0?
    Last edited by I3igC07; 06-26-2010 at 02:37 PM.

  8. #18
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samirium View Post
    I have iPhone 3GS updated to iOS4.0, I followed the Dev-Team instructions for PwnageTool 4.01 the major problem I find that PwnageTool does not recognize the original firmware 2.1_4.0. I'm on Mac 10.6.4 with iTunes 9.2, I also tried older iTunes, and older Mac, but same issue. I changed the whole computer and tried another one, but failure too. I'm stuck in this point and want to get my iPhone working
    Are you sure you have the right ipsw? The GM release candidate had the same build number and name as final release. Pwnagetool checks SHA1 hash so it knows it has the right file.

    Download direct from Apple and you should be fine.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  9. #19
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bmw View Post
    If I understand you correctly, you installed updated your iPhone 3gs to FW iOS4.0 first then you used PwnageTool 4.01 to create a custom restore? Before we go any further you've already made your mistake by upgrading to FW iOS4.0. Steps 1 and 2 on my tutorial clearly says, download the FW from iTunes but do not Install or Update, disconnect your iPhone from your computer.

    This is why you are getting error codes. You have locked your iPhone 3GS and now have to wait for a new Jailbreak/Unlock.
    Thanks BMW. I don't install ou upgraded from iTunes. I downloaded the FW 4.0, and restored with option.

    Thanks in advance.

  10. #20
    Supporter Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Will the dev-team ever fix the PUSH Notifications? I am not getting any PUSH Notifications!


 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. blacksn0w *UNOFFICIAL* tutorial
    By bmw in forum Blacksn0w (3G(S) unlock)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 12:44 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 01:53 AM
  3. [PwnageTool][1.1.4 to 2.0.2] Basic Tutorial
    By p0ssumman in forum PwnageTool
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 08:11 PM
  4. [PwnageTool 2.0] [Tutorial] Quick Video Tutorial...
    By jashsayani in forum PwnageTool
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 08:16 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 09:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:41 AM.
twitter, follow us!