Ok. hi all!
I'm from Turkey too and now I successfully changed my imei and still I'm using 2.1 firmware.. I have less time right now but I can briefl it below, later I can detail it.
P.S I bougt my iphone 2G February 2008 and registered legaly but some of idiot in world was clone my imei and then my country regulations closed my usage of my iphone and its originial imei in any gsm. Only one number gave me but I have more than one I need to use (home,work etc). So I decided to find way to change my imei and still using 2.1 firmware. These are the steps and basics you should know;
- You need two version of pwnage custom firmware (2.1) which one should have capable of bootneuter and ofcourse able to unlock baseband as well. The other is clear firmware which has no neuter and also no update baseband checked.
- First item you should do is restore you iphone with 2.1 custom firmware and neutered and unlocked and also it should be in 3.9BL!!!! it is very importand
- When you finish, you should find an another computer with 7.6.2 itunes version and ziphone 3.0 and originial 1.1.4 firmware
- Then switch your iphone to DFU mode by using 7.6.2 itunes version computer
- Then restore you phone to 1.1.4 original FW
- Then you have one error after finishing restore, ignore it and restart computer and iphone (by pressing home and power button) then connect them again. Then use ziphone 3.0 to ONLY activate it!!!
- then use ziphone3.0 to change imei
- after finished, it is good to restore original 1.1.4 FW again.
- when you check activation screen you will see that imei is faked one.
- then back to new computer with 8.0 itunes.
- put to iphone first recovery mode to restore your custom 2.1 firmware which has no neuter, no baseband update, no uprage BL.. if recover mode does not work switch it to DFU mode. then try again.
Then WOOWWWW, it works. My phone status is;
- iphone 2G
- firmware 2.1
- fake imei
- modem firmware 04.04.05_G
- and you can also install GSM operator settings safely if you wish
I need to go out and later if you have questions, it is appritiate to answare.
By the way I spent 5 hours to find this and you sure my phone is working any gsm number with 2.1 firmware and with fake imei.
Be patient to try all steps..
Magic from Turkey