Results 1 to 7 of 7
Discuss [Pwnage][2G][2.1->2.2] About to upgrade..quick confirmation please at the PwnageTool - Hackint0sh.org; sup all back again. i have an Pwned 2G iPhone running 2.1 at the moment. ...
  1. #1
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default [Pwnage][2G][2.1->2.2] About to upgrade..quick confirmation please

    sup all

    back again.

    i have an Pwned 2G iPhone running 2.1 at the moment. Works fine but the geek in me wants to upgrade to 2.2...tonight!

    so let me confirm steps

    1) create custom firmware using Pwnage 2.2.5
    2) restore iPhone via iTunes with new custom firmware
    3) done.

    just making sure i didn't need to get into DFU mode as it's already Pwned.

    thanks!



  2. #2
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    ohh yeh is this the correct .ipsw file for a 2G iPhone?

    iPhone1,1_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw


    i read a comment where a dude stated that firmware was for the 3G

  3. #3
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unlaced View Post
    ohh yeh is this the correct .ipsw file for a 2G iPhone?

    iPhone1,1_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw


    i read a comment where a dude stated that firmware was for the 3G
    Thats correct, just go ahead. The version for 3G reads iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw

    You are right aswell, dont need DFU just simple restore/recovery mode cause you are pwnaged.
    Happy hacking
    v.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  4. #4
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    volkspost.. thanks for the reply man. appreciate it.

    one more clarification if you don't mind.

    seeing i've previously pwned this 2G phone..will i need to *check* "enable baseband update" when creating custom firmware? (mine is NOT greyed out as the image below)

    thanks again


  5. #5
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unlaced View Post
    volkspost.. thanks for the reply man. appreciate it.

    one more clarification if you don't mind.

    seeing i've previously pwned this 2G phone..will i need to *check* "enable baseband update" when creating custom firmware? (mine is NOT greyed out as the image below)

    thanks again
    The baseband for all 2.x versions is the same so you dont have to check it.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2


  6. #6
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    cheers volkspost... fell asleep before doing it :\

    ok about to do it now...i dont think it matters but i better mention this before restoring:

    my phone needs to be unlocked also as its an original US 2G (AT&T) and i'm now in australia using it with Vodafone. that doesn't effect the procedure i need to undertake right? i'm still simply restoring via itunes with new custom firmware whilst leaving 'enable baseband update' UNchecked

  7. #7
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unlaced View Post
    cheers volkspost... fell asleep before doing it :\

    ok about to do it now...i dont think it matters but i better mention this before restoring:

    my phone needs to be unlocked also as its an original US 2G (AT&T) and i'm now in australia using it with Vodafone. that doesn't effect the procedure i need to undertake right? i'm still simply restoring via itunes with new custom firmware whilst leaving 'enable baseband update' UNchecked
    Yea, just go ahead.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Quick Question - 3.1.3 Upgrade
    By Sprognak in forum PwnageTool
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 09:03 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 12:10 AM
  3. [pwnage 2.0.2][fw 2.0]quick upgrading procedure question
    By anewkindofarmy in forum PwnageTool
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-09-2008, 11:19 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 05:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:05 AM.
twitter, follow us!