I think this is worth saying again:
that should be placed into a locked sticky.. it'll cut down on the post flood.. im going to read this at work.. where im typing now.. :D :hack:
I just had this happen to me...I loaded the iPhone firmware onto my iPod Touch. Just felt like i needed to sign up and tell everyone who did this the way to do it...because it was kinda scattered on every page.
I did this on a Windows XP PC with iTunes 7.5 which i got from Filehippo
1. Connect iPod to computer
2. Open up iTunes if not already
3. Hold Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds
4. When the "iPhone" leaves the menu, let go of the power button and keep home button clicked.
5. The "iPhone" will then turn into an iPod, showing some yellow boxes in the bottom right corner saying ....(DFU) iPod gibberish like that
6. Now click shift + restore and restore to 1.1.4
7. Be happy and dance to a song...I thought i was screwed out of my mind
Hi there ,
I now face a similar problem with my 16gb Iphone!
I updated the phone with an ipod 1.1.4 firmware using winpwn.
Now the phone looks dead and wont switch on even trying to put it in DFU .
Have you any Idea of what I could do ?
I tried Ziphone or iBrickr but they dont detect the phone .
Please anybody I need Help I 'm quite desperate right now !
don't even go near ziphone.
you need to put the phone in DFU mode. Make sure you know how to do this. Many people said "i put it in DFU" but it turned out that they are not in DFU mode.
Your phone had been pwned with winpwn so it's tricky to get it in DFU mode because you are not going to see the anything (like boot logo and such).
if you cannot put it in DFU manually, try using iLiberty+. There is option in iLiberty+ to put phone in DFU.
Thanks for the answer but I can't swith the phone on it's not recognized by iTunes or iBrickr:s
I need to see it on my computer in order to fix it and I have no idea about how to do ...
you cannot turn on the phone?
Turn it on
connect to computer
launch itunes and ignore any messages
put phone in dfu mode manually and hopefully itunes will detect and let you restore to 1.1.4
- hold power + home
- in a few sec, red slider appears, continue holding til phone reboot
- count 1-6
- let go power
- keep holding home until itunes detect it or if you hear a connection tone (like plugging in a usb device), let go of home.
If itunes say it need to check for ...., let it check, hopefully you will see the restore button on itunes. shift-click restore and select the right 1.1.4 FW
It doesn't react!
Thanks foryour Help but I go to Bed now , I'll try later after i'll have slept.
Bye and thanks again!
You were right I tried many times but at the end it worked ! The probleme was that Winpwn disabled my display and I thought the phone was Dead!!
You saved me !!!
Thank you so much
Great !!! . I'm glad that worked out for you. Just remember the step to put phone in DFU (it takes some practices) but once you know how, it's easy.
Just went though the same painstaking process, DFU and itunes recovery finally worked when i changed USB ports. dunno why, but give it a shot.