Discuss no service after 2.2.1 upgrade :( at the PwnageTool - Hackint0sh.org; Finally I solved the IMEI issue and the no service.
Here is how (on Mac ...
iPhone 2G - Software 2.2.1 - Firmware 04.04.05_G
Finally I solved the IMEI issue and the no service.
Here is how (on Mac OS X 10.5.7):
1. With iTunes 7.6.2 and the phone in DFU mode I restored iPhone Software 1.1.4 (iPhone1,1_1.1.4_4A102_Restore.ipsw) clicking alt and the iTunes' Restore button. This leaves the phone with 1.1.4 and firmware 04.04.05_G
2. With Ziphone 3.0 (place it in the Applications folder) and the phone in recovery mode I first run from the One-Click actions panel the Unlock, Jailbreak & Activate. When finished successfully, quit Ziphone.
3. If IMEI was corrupted run this step. With the phone in recovery mode, start Ziphone again, select Advanced panel, mark Unlock phone..., mark Change phone's IMEI and type the 15 digits at the back of your iPhone. Then click the Start Advanced Process button. When successfully finished. Quit Ziphone.
... At this point in time the phone should be working on 1.1.4 with any carrier's SIM.
Upgrade to 2.2.1 process
I guessed that if I could upgrade the software without touching the baseband, may be I could have it working. I gave it a try and it worked. Here is what I did.
1. Installed Pwnage Tool 2.2.5 on the applications folder
2. Downloded the 2.2.1 Software (iPhone1,1_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw)
3. Run Pwnagetool
4. Select iPhone 2G
5. Select Expert Mode
6. Browse and select the above mentioned 2.2.1 ipsw
7. Click General
8. Select Activate, DO NOT select Enable Baseband Update, select Disable Partition Wipe-Out, and I choosed 607MB root partition size.
9. In the next screen, Bootneuter Settings, unselect everything
9. On Cydia Settings screen, you can download the packages you like, ie: Mobile Terminal, Netatalk (let you browse your iPhone from the MAC), OpenSSH, and in the next screen Cydia and The Installer. There are tutorials about Pwnage Tool at iclarified.com
10. Then click the arrow to go to the logo screen, you can use it as is, then click to the next screen.
11. Click on Build and then the right arrow. Pay attention to the name of the IPSW being generated, you will use it later.
12. When Pwnage Tool ask if the phone was Pwned before, click yes and then exit Pwnage Tool
13. Power off the phone
14. Install iTunes 8.1.1
15. While pressing the Home button place the phone in the dock (entering recovery mode procedure), when you see the recovery mode logo, release the home button.
16. At this time, iTunes should show the screen saying that the iPhone is in recovery mode. Click OK
17. Click alt+iTunes' Restore button
18. Browse for the Custom IPSW generated with Pwnage Tool, select it and click Choose.
19. Be patient, after a few minutes you should have an iPhone 2G, jailbreaked, unlocked, activated and with the 2.2.1 Software and 04.04.05_G firmware, with bluetooth and wifi working as well.
Hope this can be usefull to someone.
Last edited by bruix; 05-25-2009 at 02:00 AM.
just spent 4hrs trying to ix it and back were i started at one point iphone was saying in need of repair cannot make calls etc.
wifi was grayed out also.
now back to no service message. any1 any ideas?
By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
Last Post: 04-14-2010, 11:00 PM
By weirded in forum PwnageTool
Last Post: 04-07-2008, 07:26 AM
By Snowbird in forum General
Last Post: 09-26-2007, 04:13 PM