Discuss Jailbreaking a new 3G at the PwnageTool - Hackint0sh.org; Hey guys, i just bought my new iPhone 3G but i havent unlocked it yet ...
Jailbreaking a new 3G
Hey guys, i just bought my new iPhone 3G but i havent unlocked it yet as my turbosim hasnt arrived.
However i want to jailbreak it but i have a few questions first (Yes i had a look on the forums and i used 'search' so most of my questions are answered but i got a few unanswered ones)
1. Whats the difference between Pwnage tool, Quickpwn and Winpwn?
2. Whats the best and most reliable one to use?
3. Will everything still work like normal after i jailbreak it?
4. I can undo the jailbreaking if anything goes wrong right?
Thanks for the help guys, its appreciated
1 winpwn is for windows only, quickpwn alows you to jailbreak with out having to download a custom ipsw, pawnge tool is the name of the too that alwows you to unlock and jailbreak your phone
2 it depends on your situation, in your case you would use quickpwn, when you get your sim card, download bootnuter thru cydia and unlock your phone
3 yes, just be sure to watch what apps you download. Also if you download o many apps your phones responsiveness will slow down just like loading to many apps to a computer, remember moderation is key and reading what apps do is key
4 based on what i have seen, 9 times out of 10 a simple restore in itunes will fix whatever is going on
1. Pwnagetool and Winpwn are used to build a custom firmware from the original ipsw that is activated(optional), jailbroken and unlock(iphone 1st Gen only). The only difference is Pwnagetool is designed for Mac computer and Winpwn is designed for Windows PC. QuickPwn has both Mac and Windows versions, that is used to activate(iphone not already activated), jailbreak and unlock(only for iPhone 1st Gen) without restoring a custom firmware through iTunes.
2. I think the answer is on number 1 above.
3. Everything will work like normal and you're able to install 3rd party from Cydia or Installer.
4. Yes, you can undo since jailbreak is not permanent. Restore iPhone through iTunes to factory settings using the original firmware.
Just Pwn It!
By RiCHii in forum iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x)
Last Post: 07-24-2009, 11:33 AM
By Cool Man Greg in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-02-2008, 03:22 PM
By pearldrummer in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 12-09-2007, 08:38 PM