Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
Discuss iPhone stuck in emergency mode at the PwnageTool - Hackint0sh.org; Hello Volkspost, Since u were wondering why i was downloading Cyberduck , just wanted to ...
  1. #11
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hello Volkspost,

    Since u were wondering why i was downloading Cyberduck, just wanted to let you know- I have been going around Forum's trying to see how to fix the matter with my phone. And i came across 1 where allot people are having the same problem like mine, & so far this following procedure has helped quite some many:

    Steps followed:

    1. Use QUICKPWN 2.1 procedure to Jailbreak and Unlock.
    QuickPwn (Windows) Guide

    2. Now you need to remove the previous activation, for that you need to follow the below procedures.

    2.1 Install OpenSSH in you iphone using Cydia (search for OpenSSH)
    2.2 Install WinSCP for Windows (WinSCP :: Download)

    3. Use WinSCP to connect to iPhone
    Windows Guide To Using WinSCP With iPhone

    4. Follow the below steps:

    4.1 Download patched lockdownd file from here
    RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

    4.2 Navigate to to /private/var/root/Library/ and copy lockdown folder to your desktop (for backup just in case - this you need to do)

    4.3 Delete that folder from phone

    4.4 Unzip downloaded patched file and upload to phone to replace the folder you just deleted

    4.5 Naviagte into patched folder and make sure file pemissions are set to 644 for all files (follow the procedure in Step 3 above)

    4.6 Reboot phone


    This is also the LAST card i have left! And some people said that Diskaid can be used in Place of Cyberduck for this (but its just that by then i had already downloaded Cyberduck not knowing it needed Wifi).

    So u would have guessed, i needed help
    I have downloaded the patched lockdownd file from the link that is provided there and it shows up as a folder called Lockdown (I dont know if it is zipped or unzipped). In it there are files with extensions like .plist & .pem, so in step 4.4 when they ask you to unzip the "downloaded patched file", i get confused . I don't know what to do cos it is not a file, it's a folder with files in it, & I don't get any option to unzip them. I downloaded zipeg but it doesn't recognize any of the extensions for unzipping. Please shine some light. And also in step 4.5 i don't know how to set- file pemissions to 644...

    Thanking You in Advance

    Also, I managed to get hold of a Wifi connection for a bit and i tried this:

    Start Cydia->Install Bootneuter->Leave setting as Neuter=ON, Fakeblank=OFF and Unlock=ON->Hit "Flash" etc.

    I just wanted to reconfirm that bootloader has to be set at 4.6 right? After i hit flash it just say's "these are the current setting of the phone, there is no need to Flash". But it still ends up unlocked.
    Last edited by bish4n; 11-13-2008 at 12:49 PM.


  2. #12
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bish4n View Post
    Hello Volkspost,

    Since u were wondering why i was downloading Cyberduck, just wanted to let you know- I have been going around Forum's trying to see how to fix the matter with my phone. And i came across 1 where allot people are having the same problem like mine, & so far this following procedure has helped quite some many:

    sorry, I still dont get the proble you have with your iPhone. WiFi or no wiFi, locked or unlocked. What is the status a what are you up to. Replacing lockdwn is not something you just do for fun.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  3. #13
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    sorry, I still dont get the proble you have with your iPhone. WiFi or no wiFi, locked or unlocked. What is the status a what are you up to. Replacing lockdwn is not something you just do for fun.
    1. Ok, I have a 2G 2.1 Phone that is locked, and i want to unlock it on my Mac Computer. I Can Not use QuickPwn to Unlock it, because that requries me to have Wifi- and my internet connection is not a Wifi!
      I have Tried Pwnage Tool But It has been Unsuccessful! I HAD problems with Bootload files, but after it got sorted, the Pwning process ran smoothly but in the end my phone was still unlocked as it showed me a 'Different Sim Error'.

      And Now this latest "Replacing Lockdown files" that i have come up with is a solution, that allot of people who had the same problem like mine have used to over come their problem. And i needed help with it.. (THIS IS MY ACTUAL PROBLEM)


    2. And Otherwise I HAD managed to get hold of a wireless internet connection a while back (not mine) and i tried the QwickPwn Unlock that you have explained as well, But that didn't work out either! So the doubt that i have asked about in the end, that does bootload need to be set at 4.6 in the following settings? (Start Cydia->Install Bootneuter->Leave setting as Neuter=ON, Fakeblank=OFF and Unlock=ON->Hit "Flash" etc.) is about that. (AND THIS IS JUST A SIDE PROBLEM)


    I hope that helps you understand now
    Last edited by bish4n; 11-14-2008 at 11:26 AM.

  4. #14
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bish4n View Post
    1. Ok, I have a 2G 2.1 Phone that is locked, and i want to unlock it on my Mac Computer. I Can Not use QuickPwn to Unlock it, because that requries me to have Wifi- and my internet connection is not a Wifi!
      I have Tried Pwnage Tool But It has been Unsuccessful! I HAD problems with Bootload files, but after it got sorted, the Pwning process ran smoothly but in the end my phone was still unlocked as it showed me a 'Different Sim Error'.

      And Now this latest "Replacing Lockdown files" that i have come up with is a solution, that allot of people who had the same problem like mine have used to over come their problem. And i needed help with it.. (THIS IS MY ACTUAL PROBLEM)


    2. And Otherwise I HAD managed to get hold of a wireless internet connection a while back (not mine) and i tried the QwickPwn Unlock that you have explained as well, But that didn't work out either! So the doubt that i have asked about in the end, that does bootload need to be set at 4.6 in the following settings? (Start Cydia->Install Bootneuter->Leave setting as Neuter=ON, Fakeblank=OFF and Unlock=ON->Hit "Flash" etc.) is about that. (AND THIS IS JUST A SIDE PROBLEM)


    I hope that helps you understand now
    You can use Quickpwn for Mac to jailbreak and activate the iPhone at firmware 2.1 on your Mac. Then just switch location to an Internet cafe, a friend, or any place with WiFi. Start Cydia there and just load Bootneuter.
    Go back home and use Bootneuter to unlock the iPhone. Just follow the instructions here
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55204
    and you will be set.

    This is way better that the way you are up to.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  5. #15
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    You can use Quickpwn for Mac to jailbreak and activate the iPhone at firmware 2.1 on your Mac. Then just switch location to an Internet cafe, a friend, or any place with WiFi. Start Cydia there and just load Bootneuter.
    Go back home and use Bootneuter to unlock the iPhone. Just follow the instructions here
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55204
    and you will be set.

    This is way better that the way you are up to.
    Do you even read what i write? Problem no. 2 is quoting this exact suggestion that you are giving me! I HAVE ALREADY TRIED IT, BUT IT DID NOT WORK


  6. #16
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bish4n View Post
    Do you even read what i write? Problem no. 2 is quoting this exact suggestion that you are giving me! I HAVE ALREADY TRIED IT, BUT IT DID NOT WORK
    Keep cool if you want me trying to help you.

    If the iPhone was not screwed up before, this is the way to go for a Mac user (alternative would be PwnageTool). If you hide the history of your iPhone and problems it has plus dont know what you are talking about, there is no way helping you.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  7. #17
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    Keep cool if you want me trying to help you.

    If the iPhone was not screwed up before, this is the way to go for a Mac user (alternative would be PwnageTool). If you hide the history of your iPhone and problems it has plus dont know what you are talking about, there is no way helping you.
    I am cool just putting it in Bold. So your suggesting there's Nothing i can do about it??? It's just Odd. My phone in perfect working conditions except i just wanted to unlock it. Oh well...

  8. #18
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bish4n View Post
    I am cool just putting it in Bold. So your suggesting there's Nothing i can do about it??? It's just Odd. My phone in perfect working conditions except i just wanted to unlock it. Oh well...
    I was asking cause some users not getting Quickpwn to jailbreak/Activate & unlock (with Bootneuter) had problems before with unlock software they used at firmware 1.*. If the iPÜhone never had problems, baseband ok, there is no reason why Quickpwn&Bootneuter are not working. Thats why I was asking for the history.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  9. #19
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    I was asking cause some users not getting Quickpwn to jailbreak/Activate & unlock (with Bootneuter) had problems before with unlock software they used at firmware 1.*. If the iPÜhone never had problems, baseband ok, there is no reason why Quickpwn&Bootneuter are not working. Thats why I was asking for the history.
    Umm I did get it unlocked from a Knowhow b4, but do u think that he could have had something to do in it?..

    [Its just that he hadn't clearly stated on what grounds does my phone get locked again, and the next thing u know i upgraded it!!..
    Then i took it back to him a bit furious cos he had failed to warn me not to unpaged it! And demanded a free unlock as he had ripped quite a buck off me just to get a plain unlock! Without even a jailbreak or free applications as a bonus!! But he refused point blunt! LOL! And he wanted more money again! And this time i just couldn't bring myself to do it! Then i learnt that i could Unlock it myself and got on to it...]

    But the Knowhow was saying something... like... i dunno... like.. it was going to be more complicated this time, so he had to charge me, again... but i thought he was just making excuses to rip...
    um.. i don't know now...

  10. #20
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bish4n View Post
    Umm I did get it unlocked from a Knowhow b4, but do u think that he could have had something to do in it?..
    Yes, this could have happned. I know you dont like to talk history of the iPhone, but please confirm the following:
    1. It is an iPhone 2G (the old one, not a 3G)
    2. Your private simcard is in the simtray, no additional sim-adapters
    3. I your first post you said the iPhone was in DFU mode, so the screen was black (no iTunes logo & USB cable on it)
    4. Your iPhone is connected dirct to the Mac's USB port, not to an USB Hub?
    5. You are running iTunes 8.0.1

    Sorry for all the questions I am just trying to find out what the problem is. I still guess you can do it.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2


 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. iphone 3g stuck in emergency mode after stock 4.2.1 update
    By saud in forum iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-28-2011, 07:52 PM
  2. Jailbreaking / Unlocking Iphone 3Gs in Emergency Mode.
    By faisy_master in forum Blacksn0w (3G(S) unlock)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 09:47 AM
  3. Unlock iPhone 3GS stuck in emergency mode?
    By bish4n in forum iPhone 3GS
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 07:53 AM
  4. [Crashed] iphone 3G Firm:3.1.2 -Emergency mode/DFU only
    By haraldstoll in forum Blackra1n (3G(S) jailbreak)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 03:39 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 06:45 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:49 PM.
twitter, follow us!