Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 56
Discuss iPhone bricked? Cannot restore no matter what. at the PwnageTool - Hackint0sh.org; Hello, I used pwnage 2.01 on my 1.1.3 iPhone, and after having pwned it and ...
  1. #1
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default iPhone bricked? Cannot restore no matter what.

    Hello,

    I used pwnage 2.01 on my 1.1.3 iPhone, and after having pwned it and restored the custom firmware, itunes told me I could not use this iPhone with itunes because the information required to activate it could not be obtained...

    So I tried restoring it to some other firmware, hoping it could work again. Here is what I tried with iTunes 7.7 (MAC) and the error msg's I got:

    iPhone1_1_4ipsw: "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occured (20)."

    iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw: Same but with error (1604)

    iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore.ipsw: Error 1604 again

    iPhone1,1_1.1.3_4A93_Restore.ipsw: Same but Error 20 again

    The only thing on my iPhone screen s the USB cable -> iTunes sign. I cannot shut it off properly by holding the power button and then sliding to shut of. I have to hold the power button a couple of seconds, at which point it restarts and goes back to the USB -> iTunes sign. I have to hold the power button and the home button down for 10 seconds to shut it down.

    What is wrong? What can I do about it? Any suggestions. Help would be very much appreciated, as I live in a very remote location, and went through lots of trouble (and paid a lot of money) to get this iPhone, and now regret stupidly tinkering with it.

    Best regards,
    FO

    Edit: I also tried restoring it on my PC with iTunes 7.7 and these are the Error msg's:

    iPhone1,1_1.1.3_4A93_Restore.ipsw: Error (20)

    iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore.ipsw: Error (6)

    iPhone1_1_4.ipsw: Error (20)



  2. #2
    Senior Professional Array iDarbert's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Try doing this

    With the iPhone connected and turned on hold the Sleep/Wake button AND the Home button for about 10 seconds until it reboots.
    When you see the Apple logo release the Sleep/Wake button but keep holding the home button.
    If the screen remains black (or white) you have succeded, if not you have to try again in order to get it right.
    iTunes should dected an iPhone in recovery mode, try restoring to 2.0 (since you are using iTunes 7.7).

    After that you can use PwnageTool to pwn your iPhone under 2.0 and restore to a custom firmware.

    You should've done the pwning under 1.1.4 or 2.0 I *suspect* that's what triggered it.

  3. #3
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately this did not seem to work. I tried doing as you suggested. I tried probably 30 times. Exactly as you said, and also changing the timing a little bit each time. I always go past the Apple logo, and back to the USB Cable -> Itunes logo. After which itunes says it has detected an iphone in recovery mode, and when I try to restore to iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore i get an error 1604.

    Am I doing something wrong, or should I try something else?

  4. #4
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Here, i would first uninstall iTunes 7.7 and install iTunes 7.5

    Note for OSX users:
    If you are on OSX and want to attempt to downgrade your iTunes, you can try these steps:

    Load up Terminal and type the following:
    1. killall iTunesHelper
    2. sudo -s
    3. rm -r /Applications/iTunes.app
    4. rm -r /Library/Receipts/iTunesX.pkg
    5. rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iTunes*
    6. rm -r /Applications/iTunes.app
    7. rm -r /Library/Receipts/iTunesX.pkg
    8. rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iTunes*
    9. rm -r /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework


    Then you should restore to 1.1.3 in DFU mode.

    The restore should complete, maybe giving you an error, but nothing in the 16xx's.

    Now restore to 1.1.4.

    Now the restore may have worked or you may have gotten an error, either way restore one more time to 1.1.4 to have a clean wipe.

    After this restore it should boot up normally

    Now use something like iLiberty to Jailbreak and Unlock the 1.1.4 phone. Not ZiPhone!

    Now, if you would like, you can shift + restore to your custom 2.0 ipsw since you said you had already pwn'd your phone.

    The restore should go through and boot up perfectly into 2.0 with bootneuter runnng first.

    From here you just hit your update button in iTunes and you'll be back in iTunes 7.7.

    Hope This Helps! :hack:

  5. #5
    Senior Professional Array iDarbert's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FoCelestial View Post
    Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately this did not seem to work. I tried doing as you suggested. I tried probably 30 times. Exactly as you said, and also changing the timing a little bit each time. I always go past the Apple logo, and back to the USB Cable -> Itunes logo. After which itunes says it has detected an iphone in recovery mode, and when I try to restore to iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore i get an error 1604.

    Am I doing something wrong, or should I try something else?
    Maybe trying without the cablee connected, I think that triggers the restore mode.

    You could also try using the PwnageTool, i suppose it should kick the iPhone into DFU mode in order to Pwn.


  6. #6
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iDarbert View Post
    Maybe trying without the cablee connected, I think that triggers the restore mode.

    You could also try using the PwnageTool, i suppose it should kick the iPhone into DFU mode in order to Pwn.
    As for without the cable connected, with the cable plugged is the best way to enter DFU mode. And as for Pwnage kicking it into DFU, i think thats only possible if dfu-util is ran as a stand alone command line application, since its dfu-util that sends the proper files at DFU level to allow iTunes pass the custom ipsw signature check allowing the restore of the custom ipsw. Then after the restore Bootneuter is ran, completing the actual "pwn'ing" process, if im not mistaken.

  7. #7
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I too have the same problem, also stated in this other thread in another forum:
    http://www.modmyifone.com/forums/gen...-iliberty.html

    Always stuck in recovery mode, no matter the iTunes version I use.
    If I use 7.7, iTunes recognizes the iPhone and tries a restore and gets an error (6).

    If I try to use older versions of iPhone, iTunes and the other apps (Liberty and so on) don't even recognize it - and they would probably be able to take it out of recovery mode.
    It's a catch 22.

    Anyone has sugestions? I'm really desperate, been like this for a couple of days now :/

    Thank you!

  8. #8
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Cant restore no matter what - error 1604

    I have the same problem.
    1. I've restored to the 2.0 firmware (custom)
    2. Everething went well and 2.0 was loaded.
    3. For some reason i've decided to lauch the boot neuter icon
    4. I switched the bootloader from 3.9 to 4.6
    5. Waited until flash finished
    6. Reboot

    and that's it. my iphone is stuck on the boot screen since then.
    nothing i do helps. in DFU mode i cannot restore to any of the firmwares -
    tried to restore to 1.1.4, original 2.0, custom 2.0 and always get "error 1604".

    PLEASE HELP!

  9. #9
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedy523 View Post
    Here, i would first uninstall iTunes 7.7 and install iTunes 7.5

    Note for OSX users:
    If you are on OSX and want to attempt to downgrade your iTunes, you can try these steps:

    Load up Terminal and type the following:
    1. killall iTunesHelper
    2. sudo -s
    3. rm -r /Applications/iTunes.app
    4. rm -r /Library/Receipts/iTunesX.pkg
    5. rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iTunes*
    6. rm -r /Applications/iTunes.app
    7. rm -r /Library/Receipts/iTunesX.pkg
    8. rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iTunes*
    9. rm -r /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework


    Then you should restore to 1.1.3 in DFU mode.

    The restore should complete, maybe giving you an error, but nothing in the 16xx's.

    Now restore to 1.1.4.

    Now the restore may have worked or you may have gotten an error, either way restore one more time to 1.1.4 to have a clean wipe.

    After this restore it should boot up normally

    Now use something like iLiberty to Jailbreak and Unlock the 1.1.4 phone. Not ZiPhone!

    Now, if you would like, you can shift + restore to your custom 2.0 ipsw since you said you had already pwn'd your phone.

    The restore should go through and boot up perfectly into 2.0 with bootneuter runnng first.

    From here you just hit your update button in iTunes and you'll be back in iTunes 7.7.

    Hope This Helps! :hack:
    Thank you for you helpful, and comprehensive suggestion. Unfortunately this did not work either. I managed to install iTunes 7.5 using your list of terminal commands, altough some of the lines gave negative reports, but this doesn't matter as long as I managed to install and run iTunes right? But when putting the phone in DFU mode, and restoring using iTunes 7.5 I get different 16xx errors, depending on what restore version I choose.

    I'm now not 100% sure what software my phone is on, if any, as i tried restoring it through iTunes, just by pressing "restore" (no ALT), and this worked, but after restoring I got the "PHone cannot be used with itunes ... information to activate cannot be obtained, insert SIM..." And now, even the regular restore through Apple servers on itunes won't work.

    Anything else I can try?

  10. #10
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iDarbert View Post
    Maybe trying without the cablee connected, I think that triggers the restore mode.

    You could also try using the PwnageTool, i suppose it should kick the iPhone into DFU mode in order to Pwn.
    If you meant i should put it in DFU mode, then yes, I have managed that. I used the timing pwnage told me to use. 10 seconds power+home button, and then release power button and keep holding home button for another 10 seconds. This got it into DFU mode, but still makes me recieve a 16xx error when trying to restore.

    Is there something else I can try?


 

 
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Help needed! How to restore my bricked iPhone 4
    By cobo in forum iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 05:55 PM
  2. Iphone won't restore, error 1601, bricked?
    By MiRaCL in forum Winpwn
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 07:04 AM
  3. Please help! Errors no matter what version i try to restore to
    By rmanwop in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2008, 03:50 AM
  4. Can not restore Bricked iPhone
    By Intex1 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 06:22 AM
  5. If I completely jack up my phone, can I restore no matter what?
    By davidhperry in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 04:24 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:23 PM.
twitter, follow us!