Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
Discuss iphone 3GS stuck in DFU, blank screen and no way to turn it on again at the PwnageTool - Hackint0sh.org; someone found something for that , i have the same problem sorry for my english...
  1. #11
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    someone found something for that , i have the same problem
    sorry for my english


  2. #12
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Unhappy

    I get the same! DFU boot loop! Blank & black screen, iTunes say found iP on DFU mode, can not restore (error 1600), power and home press without happen!! Help!
    PcOnline
    iPhone 8Gb OTB 1.0.2 --> up to 1.1.2 --> works well!
    iPhone 8Gb OTB 1.1.2 --> 2.1 - Good now!
    MacBook Black 2.2 Leopard

  3. #13
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Has anyone found the solution?

  4. #14
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default similar but different issue....

    the error I am getting is "This device isn’t eligible for the requested build” when trying to use the custom ipsw that i used before to restore to 3.1.2.....i get the russian logo and no way or movin forward,,,,,,i have shsh

    pl point to diggerent

  5. #15
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PANXPANY View Post
    the error I am getting is "This device isn’t eligible for the requested build” when trying to use the custom ipsw that i used before to restore to 3.1.2.....i get the russian logo and no way or movin forward,,,,,,i have shsh

    pl point to diggerent
    DFU mode won't accept custom IPSW on a 3GS ever.... it just ain't going to happen.

    Must restore custom IPSW in recovery mode on a 3GS (after pwning the iPhone first)

    If you have SHSH for 3.1.2 - restore to stock 3.1.2 IPSW, jailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.2
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!


  6. #16
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thanks Olethros! How about iRecovery? Maybe I just can get it to boot normally...with iRecovery because the phone was pretty much ok except that apps from iTunes (Cydia apps worked ok) would not start...they would "expand" and then shrink right back. So I though that something went wrong the first time I upgraded from 3.0 to 3.1.2. (I remember that I selected "recover from back up" not setup a new phone...and was reading somewhere that is better to start from scratch. ) The boot mode loop started only when I tried to restore in I iTunes....I just selected restore to custom ipsw and that is when that happened....."This device isn’t eligible for the requested build”

    Can I go back to 3.0 or something earlier...I still had 04.26.08 bb on the phone and thinking about a way of getting out from this and still preserving that bb?

    Also I never used redsnow now played with SHSH but I know my cydia said that they are on file...please let me know...
    Last edited by PANXPANY; 03-04-2010 at 05:05 PM.

  7. #17
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PANXPANY View Post
    Thanks Olethros! How about iRecovery? Maybe I just can get it to boot normally...with iRecovery because the phone was pretty much ok except that apps from iTunes (Cydia apps worked ok) would not start...they would "expand" and then shrink right back. So I though that something went wrong the first time I upgraded from 3.0 to 3.1.2. (I remember that I selected "recover from back up" not setup a new phone...and was reading somewhere that is better to start from scratch. ) The boot mode loop started only when I tried to restore in I iTunes....I just selected restore to custom ipsw and that is when that happened....."This device isn’t eligible for the requested build”

    Can I go back to 3.0 or something earlier...I still had 04.26.08 bb on the phone and thinking about a way of getting out from this and still preserving that bb?

    Also I never used redsnow now played with SHSH but I know my cydia said that they are on file...please let me know...
    Wait ...
    - is this a 3GS with new or old bootrom ? (is it a untethered or tethered jailbreak ?)
    - you have shsh for what firmware ? Use firmware umbrella, put in you ecid and point it to cydia/saurik to see what you get back.

    ** more info needed from you before we can answer
    ** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here **

  8. #18
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Please stick to the OP's problem. Here we are talking about brand new 3GS phone who were on 3.1.2 (so jb possible) but with the new iBoot-359.3.2.
    Mine is also stuck in DFU mode (blank screen), as for now I am letting the battery run down. For what ? I dont know, maybe iRecovery will eventually see the iphone when it boot up.
    So my question: do you think there is a small chance that a solution comes up for us ? and letting the iphone stuck in DFU BUT in 3.1.2 or should I go with official 3.1.3 restore path ? I ask because I saw that we were a lot in this case and maybe a solution is still possible.

    EDIT: Hay I was thinking about a third way: If I go to the apple store with this brand new iphone (2 days...) that dont want to boot up, maybe they will give me another one which is on 3.1.2 ? any chance ? did someone tried ?
    Last edited by marstrash; 03-06-2010 at 11:49 AM.

  9. #19
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marstrash View Post
    Please stick to the OP's problem. Here we are talking about brand new 3GS phone who were on 3.1.2 (so jb possible) but with the new iBoot-359.3.2.
    Mine is also stuck in DFU mode (blank screen), as for now I am letting the battery run down. For what ? I dont know, maybe iRecovery will eventually see the iphone when it boot up.
    So my question: do you think there is a small chance that a solution comes up for us ? and letting the iphone stuck in DFU BUT in 3.1.2 or should I go with official 3.1.3 restore path ? I ask because I saw that we were a lot in this case and maybe a solution is still possible.

    EDIT: Hay I was thinking about a third way: If I go to the apple store with this brand new iphone (2 days...) that dont want to boot up, maybe they will give me another one which is on 3.1.2 ? any chance ? did someone tried ?
    More likely they will just restore it to 3.1.3 and you will be just as screwed.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  10. #20
    Bxr
    Bxr is offline
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I have the same above problem.
    Any news on how to solve and jailbreak?


 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Light blue screen followed by blank screen
    By huhwha25 in forum Installation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-22-2011, 02:58 PM
  2. iPhone 2G blank screen
    By charlesfiguer0a in forum PwnageTool
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 09:59 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-11-2009, 01:37 PM
  4. [iPhone 2g][1.1.4 from 2.0] Blank Screen
    By krustytroll in forum PwnageTool
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 12:01 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:04 AM.
twitter, follow us!