Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 243
Discuss Custom Carrier Bundle for iPhone Firmware 2.2.1 & PwnageTool/Quickpwn 2.2.5 (Mac&Win) at the PwnageTool - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by floydmd Good day Didn't know where to post the question, so please ...
  1. #171
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floydmd View Post
    Good day

    Didn't know where to post the question, so please excuse me if it's wrong topic.

    I live in Moldova, and my carrier is unsupported by apple. My mobile operator have a USSD menu for choosing some features. The menu is called by *767#

    And the question is that iPhone 2G does not handle this USSD command, while iPhone 3G and other cellular phones are working just fine.

    Is this a general problem of iPhone 2G (because 3G works) or this can be solved by creating a custom carrier bundle?

    Sorry for my English and thank you for answers
    Try the form for creating the custom bundle. There are 5 slots to handle service calls, just put in the one(s) you need.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2


  2. #172
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    Try the form for creating the custom bundle. There are 5 slots to handle service calls, just put in the one(s) you need.
    Nope.. still USSD command *767# does not work. I think it's some kind of internal iPhone command or something like this. Or it's impossible?

    Other USSD commands works fine. *794# or *222#, but not *767#

  3. #173
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floydmd View Post
    Nope.. still USSD command *767# does not work. I think it's some kind of internal iPhone command or something like this. Or it's impossible?

    Other USSD commands works fine. *794# or *222#, but not *767#
    As far as I know USSD commands are specific to gsm providers. are you sure the one you want to use is supported by your carrier?
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  4. #174
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    are you sure the one you want to use is supported by your carrier?
    Yes! This command is working on iPhone 3G and other cell phones (like SE or nokia). The problem is exactly in iPhone 2G. I have tested it on a few other iPhones 2G and got same results.

    And creating custom bundle does not help

    When I enter this command nothig happens, but when I try to dial a number, appears popup with "call forwarding" and tone sound in background during a call. I've found that it can be fixed by simply rebooting. But what do this command inside iPhone? Don't know
    Last edited by floydmd; 11-25-2008 at 03:38 PM.

  5. #175
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floydmd View Post
    Yes! This command is working on iPhone 3G and other cell phones (like SE or nokia). The problem is exactly in iPhone 2G. I have tested it on a few other iPhones 2G and got same results.

    And creating custom bundle does not help

    When I enter this command nothig happens, but when I try to dial a number, appears popup with "call forwarding" and tone sound in background during a call. I've found that it can be fixed by simply rebooting. But what do this command inside iPhone? Don't know
    Maybe the command only works on 3G networks?
    If you dial a number, while on an unknown carrier the message displayed is "Call forwarded". This is a known behavior. Use a custom bundle and it is gone.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2


  6. #176
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    Maybe the command only works on 3G networks?
    If you dial a number, while on an unknown carrier the message displayed is "Call forwarded". This is a known behavior. Use a custom bundle and it is gone.
    No, 3G is launched only 2 months ago. It's not because of 3G

    I know how to fix problem with "forwarding", but this appears again after entering USSD command. Very strange behaviour..

    I don't even know where to dig

  7. #177
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i need some help people, i have a 3g 2.1 and i set the apn, username and pass according to the carriers settings, still no internet? is it b/c of the unlock sim card that i'm using? some say that some of them(turbo, universal, rebel) have everything working as if were factory unlocked and some only let u call and text? or do i have to make a custom carrier bundle? really need ur help!!!

  8. #178
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by naiefelyemeni View Post
    i need some help people, i have a 3g 2.1 and i set the apn, username and pass according to the carriers settings, still no internet? is it b/c of the unlock sim card that i'm using? some say that some of them(turbo, universal, rebel) have everything working as if were factory unlocked and some only let u call and text? or do i have to make a custom carrier bundle? really need ur help!!!
    i dont know about *sim stuff. the custom carrier bundles work with all 2G/3G iPhones that are hacktivated (2G), with contract (2G&3G) or factory unlocked (2G&3G).
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  9. #179
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    As I understand, sim proxy cards work by presenting different MCC/MNC codes to the iPhone, thereby tricking it that the sim card was issued by the carrier that the phone is locked to.
    You can try to create a custom carrier bundle and replace your MCC/MNC with those of the original carrier. No guarantees that it would work though.

  10. #180
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    ok, correct me if i'm wrong guys, but i thought that if you can call then u should get GPRS working fine right? b/c you can't even make a call or connection with out gprs? or is GPRS something all by itself? and by making a custom bundle will that, maybe help with getting GPRS to work? I mean what are we exactly doing when making a bundle? we're just giving the phone settings to correspond with the sim that's inside the phone right? but the settings are only two the MNC/MCC, but arn't those the basic settings that get you connected to make a call in the first place, so there is no point of making a custom bundle 4 me? i'm so confused dudes, i need to get internet workin so bad!!! i miss facebook and browsing the net at home!!


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. [1.1.3/1.1.4](all)[Tutorial] Create custom carrier bundle in a minute
    By volkspost in forum Genius Bar - HowTos, Guides and Tutorials
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-20-2009, 10:24 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2008, 01:56 PM
  3. MacNN: PwnageTool and QuickPwn jailbreak 2.1 firmware
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-15-2008, 05:30 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2008, 08:27 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:39 AM.
twitter, follow us!