Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 56
Discuss [Advice] BootNeuter for Dummies [read if n00b] at the PwnageTool - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by bs129 dtube, can u tell me the firmware and bootloader version of ...
  1. #41
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bs129 View Post
    dtube, can u tell me the firmware and bootloader version of my phone, please? serial # is 88819NW
    Build this year so BL 4.6 for sure and probably OOTB 1.1.3 or 1.1.4

    hope that helps
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2


  2. #42
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    Build this year so BL 4.6 for sure and probably OOTB 1.1.3 or 1.1.4

    hope that helps
    thanx. it did

  3. #43
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi all
    I ve been searching the forums but i havent found a scenario like mine.

    whilst everyone seems to have problems with bootneuter being frozen at
    "determining current settings" or having error msgs, i do not.

    i'm using the iPhone 2G and i've pwnd it using the newest PwnageTool. with 2.0.1 firmware.

    everything's working except for the sim [i.e. no carrier service coverage but wireless works], so i assumed it was because the sim hadnt been unlocked yet.

    thru cydia, i d/led bootneuter, disabled the autolock feature, and tried to use boot neuter.

    the first time i ran bootneuter [just opening it without changing any options like version or neuter], the screen greyed out except for a little center bit so it was like a spotlight on the screen. i thought this was the normal way of bootneuter saying it was "in progress" but after 15mins i decided that it took too long so i restarted iphone. no problems, iphone still working but still no coverage. what was wierd was that there were these little white dashes/hyphens at the bottom of the bootneuter screen/


    second time, i just opened boot neuter, i didnt get the greyish tinge background with spotlight center so i thought it was working this time. its till going..its been about 20mins now? and i have 2 little white dashes but nothing else. i cant move any of the options on the screen, like its frozen but im asuming its still trying to flash or something.

    what should i do?

    Last edited by maike; 09-24-2008 at 02:11 AM. Reason: added image to show u what i mean by dashes

  4. #44
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maike View Post
    Hi all
    I ve been searching the forums but i havent found a scenario like mine.

    whilst everyone seems to have problems with bootneuter being frozen at
    "determining current settings" or having error msgs, i do not.

    i'm using the iPhone 2G and i've pwnd it using the newest PwnageTool. with 2.0.1 firmware.

    everything's working except for the sim [i.e. no carrier service coverage but wireless works], so i assumed it was because the sim hadnt been unlocked yet.

    thru cydia, i d/led bootneuter, disabled the autolock feature, and tried to use boot neuter.

    the first time i ran bootneuter [just opening it without changing any options like version or neuter], the screen greyed out except for a little center bit so it was like a spotlight on the screen. i thought this was the normal way of bootneuter saying it was "in progress" but after 15mins i decided that it took too long so i restarted iphone. no problems, iphone still working but still no coverage. what was wierd was that there were these little white dashes/hyphens at the bottom of the bootneuter screen/


    second time, i just opened boot neuter, i didnt get the greyish tinge background with spotlight center so i thought it was working this time. its till going..its been about 20mins now? and i have 2 little white dashes but nothing else. i cant move any of the options on the screen, like its frozen but im asuming its still trying to flash or something.

    what should i do?
    I have never seen those white dashes. Usually once you start Bootneuter 2.1 it will display the current settings, let you change them and then apply by hitting "Flash" (Auto-Lock has to be set to "Never").
    In your case it just shows Bootloader 3.9. For an unlock "Neuter" and "Unlock" would have to be set to "ON", then hit "Flash".
    You are saying you cant set anything, hmm. That is strange aswell.
    Consider restoring the iPhone to firmware 2.1 and use PwnageTool or Quickpwn then if the problem still exists.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  5. #45
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    just going to ask since i used the pwnage process on my friend's mac computer how would i know if i successfully used boot neuter as i didnt see it go over that process since we were eating (it was lunch when we did it) but i have the signal and all all i cant do is to install apps from itunes


  6. #46
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Algester View Post
    just going to ask since i used the pwnage process on my friend's mac computer how would i know if i successfully used boot neuter as i didnt see it go over that process since we were eating (it was lunch when we did it) but i have the signal and all all i cant do is to install apps from itunes
    connect iPhone and Mac/pc, Log into app store ( on the mac/pc) with account. Sync and you will be able to use the app store on the iPhone then.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  7. #47
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    im not sure whether bootneuting and this problem is indeed related..

    but thats what im getting i already posted this problem (excluding picture) regarding about this in the FAQS but i cant seem to get a replying and google is not helping either
    correction i found a way and im going to try it out it involves on editing the mobile installation file and chmodding let me see if i can dig it out
    confirmed and working well looks like google didnt fail me after all
    Last edited by Algester; 11-10-2008 at 01:20 PM.

  8. #48
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Algester View Post
    im not sure whether bootneuting and this problem is indeed related..

    but thats what im getting i already posted this problem (excluding picture) regarding about this in the FAQS but i cant seem to get a replying and google is not helping either
    correction i found a way and im going to try it out it involves on editing the mobile installation file and chmodding let me see if i can dig it out
    Make sure to have iTunes 8 installed. Do you use the simlock function on the iPhone (having to type a code to use the sim) If so, goto Settings->Phone->Sim-PIN and disable the Sim-Pin. Try to sync again. Should work then.

    v.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  9. #49
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    Make sure to have iTunes 8 installed. Do you use the simlock function on the iPhone (having to type a code to use the sim) If so, goto Settings->Phone->Sim-PIN and disable the Sim-Pin. Try to sync again. Should work then.

    v.
    well looks like i got it to work thx anyway as the one step i missed is actually at least syncing with a free legal software/game well least i have now applications on my phone and which should feel like the old one all i miss is that i dont have a britanica concise in wedict <_<

  10. #50
    Amazingly Knowledgeable Array JSN1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    793
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Algester View Post
    im not sure whether bootneuting and this problem is indeed related..

    but thats what im getting i already posted this problem (excluding picture) regarding about this in the FAQS but i cant seem to get a replying and google is not helping either
    correction i found a way and im going to try it out it involves on editing the mobile installation file and chmodding let me see if i can dig it out
    confirmed and working well looks like google didnt fail me after all
    This is due to a corrupted filesystem.
    To fix it, it is easier to Wipe your iPhone or restoring it.


 

 
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 04:58 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-26-2008, 06:57 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 04:42 AM
  4. [advice needed] read wrong guide and screwed up
    By ltcchuan in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-15-2008, 04:11 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-12-2008, 07:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:38 AM.
twitter, follow us!