Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
Discuss [2.0] Pwned just isn't for me at the PwnageTool - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by st1172 Ok, so after fresh PWN with *no* Cydia, seems a TON ...
  1. #11
    Senior Professional Array ninja_pimp's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by st1172 View Post
    Ok, so after fresh PWN with *no* Cydia, seems a TON snappier. Instead of "Settings" taking 10 seconds to open, it opens in 2, same with SMS. Keyboard doesn't hang when I need to enter something either. Anybody else back me up on this?
    i checked on how quick sms opens and it takes about 2 sec

    is there a way to put installer on 2.0?


  2. #12
    Senior Professional Array st1172's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_pimp View Post
    i checked on how quick sms opens and it takes about 2 sec

    is there a way to put installer on 2.0?
    Installer is still being developed for firmware 2.0. It is a work in progress.

  3. #13
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by st1172 View Post
    Anybody else back me up on this?
    After encountering similar issues and sluggishness, decided to re-Pwn with a non-Cydia build. Might just be in my head, but things seem to have improved on all fronts.
    Last edited by iPhoneWriter; 07-23-2008 at 03:41 AM.
    iPhoneWriter.com
    Blogging about the Apple iPhone from an Apple iPhone.
    Recent Article: How To: Silence Phone Spammers with Silent Running

  4. #14
    Senior Professional Array st1172's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneWriter View Post
    After encountering similar issues and sluggishness, decided to re-Pwn with a non-Cydia build. Might just be in my head, but things seem to have improved on all fronts.
    Awesome! I haven't seen any slowness since I re-PWNED without Cydia and I love it.

  5. #15
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    70
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    wow.

    so far my battery life has been give or take twice as long. Edge connects faster than before.

    Sounds like bad upgrade. I would suggest virigining back to 1.1.4 including doing a BB/BL downgrade and start from scratch.

    and honestly use one of the custom firmwares already available on the net. for me it worked better than making one myself.
    1.1.4 iLiberty+ -> WinPwned -> BootNeuter -> Custom Pwned to 2.0 -> Upgrade to 2.1 -> QuickPwned
    -> Restored to 2.2.1 -> WinPwned -> Upgrade to 3.0 -> Redsnow'd


  6. #16
    Amazingly Knowledgeable Array carlosvaldosta's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    763
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    46

    Default This is critical too!!!11!! OMG WTF LOLERCATZ

    Hey aben, take a squat in an asparagus patch. I haven't posted on here for a long time, but this is worth coming back for. Eat a bag of shiat and choke on it.

    aben=fail

    Quote Originally Posted by aben View Post
    ALL OF U GUYS ARE SO SHORT SIGHTED AND IDIOTS!!!!
    do u realize that PWNAGE 2.0 is a custom made firmware
    its full of shit!
    the actual 2.0 Firmware is AMAZING!!!!
    i havnt had 2 problems with it.
    if u guys werent so stupid u would read around
    the new installer is being develloped for the 2.0 original firmware because i quote ' the installer that will be in the jailbroken 1.1.4 is not compatible with the 2.0 firmware'
    now i seriously dout that the pros would say that.
    dev team made som B.S up that they "unlocked and jailbroken" the iphone 3G and firmware 2.0
    this is complete bull shit.
    they are liars!

  7. #17
    Senior Professional Array st1172's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sesheron View Post
    wow.

    so far my battery life has been give or take twice as long. Edge connects faster than before.

    Sounds like bad upgrade. I would suggest virigining back to 1.1.4 including doing a BB/BL downgrade and start from scratch.

    and honestly use one of the custom firmwares already available on the net. for me it worked better than making one myself.
    I re-PWNED several times with no difference until I got rid of Cydia.

  8. #18
    Amazingly Knowledgeable Array bezman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Trinidad
    Posts
    796
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aben View Post
    ALL OF U GUYS ARE SO SHORT SIGHTED AND IDIOTS!!!!
    do u realize that PWNAGE 2.0 is a custom made firmware
    its full of shit!
    the actual 2.0 Firmware is AMAZING!!!!
    i havnt had 2 problems with it.
    if u guys werent so stupid u would read around
    the new installer is being develloped for the 2.0 original firmware because i quote ' the installer that will be in the jailbroken 1.1.4 is not compatible with the 2.0 firmware'
    now i seriously dout that the pros would say that.
    dev team made som B.S up that they "unlocked and jailbroken" the iphone 3G and firmware 2.0
    this is complete bull shit.
    they are liars!
    epic failure

    fail fail fail....

  9. #19
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'm experiencing the same. I've installed various stuff like VPN, Exchange, secure Wifi. So my battery/slowness problems could be beyond Cydia. I want to start from as fresh as possible and see if I have battery issues with a blank 2.0 phone, and go from there.

    My question: is there a way to get TZones working without Cydia? I got it working via SSH w/o BigBoss, but SSH requires Cydia. I tried downloading directly into PwnageTool using the link below as a source, but download always fail.

    Source link: http://apt.bigboss.us.com/repofiles/...s-arm/Packages

    Is it possible to slipstream it when PwnageTool asks for admin u/p, since you can see the disk at that point? I know I know - I should try myself. I'll try tomorrow if no one else has tried this before.

  10. #20
    Senior Professional Array st1172's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iRobie View Post
    I'm experiencing the same. I've installed various stuff like VPN, Exchange, secure Wifi. So my battery/slowness problems could be beyond Cydia. I want to start from as fresh as possible and see if I have battery issues with a blank 2.0 phone, and go from there.

    My question: is there a way to get TZones working without Cydia? I got it working via SSH w/o BigBoss, but SSH requires Cydia. I tried downloading directly into PwnageTool using the link below as a source, but download always fail.

    Source link: http://apt.bigboss.us.com/repofiles/...s-arm/Packages

    Is it possible to slipstream it when PwnageTool asks for admin u/p, since you can see the disk at that point? I know I know - I should try myself. I'll try tomorrow if no one else has tried this before.
    Since installed packages and Cydia install are separate... I wonder if you select SSH but not Cydia itself, if you could install SSH by itself.


 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Self PWNED
    By Thing012585 in forum PwnageTool
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-29-2011, 12:58 PM
  2. downgrade 3GS 4.1 pwned to 4.0.1 pwned
    By tschensie in forum PwnageTool
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2010, 09:47 PM
  3. [Pwned 2.1] No wi-fi
    By fabermit in forum PwnageTool
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 12:36 AM
  4. [2.0][Pwned] Can I put my sms.db from 1.1.4 into 2.0?
    By brettcp in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-22-2008, 11:42 PM
  5. [pwned] dead at pwned reloaded
    By gnomo in forum iPod Touch 1G
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-19-2008, 04:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:27 PM.
twitter, follow us!