Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
Discuss Just want to JailBreak. Any Experience or... at the purplera1n (3GS jailbreak) - Hackint0sh.org; Hello i seing many thread here and all about problem with purplera1n. I just want ...
  1. #1
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Just want to JailBreak. Any Experience or...

    Hello i seing many thread here and all about problem with purplera1n. I just want to jailbreak my phone since im on a contract with att i don't care much for now about Unlock. Now my questions are

    1-Does anybody here who have a 3Gs with att contract had Jailbroke their phone?
    2-Its your phone working fine? no signal lost and wifi working good?
    3-what step did you take before Jailbreak your phone?
    4-its Cydia, intollous and other app working fine on your phone?

    Thanks looking forward for some reply



  2. #2
    ibh
    ibh is offline
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I jailbroke my iphone 3gs using geohats purplera1n RC2 (the first one kept crashing on me) and the process went through without any issues. After the phone rebooted there was an icon on the Springboard called Freeze. Clicked on that and installed Cydia. I haven't experienced any signal or wifi issues like others have described.

    The only downside so far is that Winterboard doesn't work but i figure that either geohot (my hero ) will release a version of purplera1n that addresses that issue or the Dev team will. Either way I'll just restore back to 3.0 and start over.

    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by ibh; 07-07-2009 at 02:57 AM.

  3. #3
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j2chulo View Post
    Hello i seing many thread here and all about problem with purplera1n. I just want to jailbreak my phone since im on a contract with att i don't care much for now about Unlock. Now my questions are

    1-Does anybody here who have a 3Gs with att contract had Jailbroke their phone?
    2-Its your phone working fine? no signal lost and wifi working good?
    3-what step did you take before Jailbreak your phone?
    4-its Cydia, intollous and other app working fine on your phone?

    Thanks looking forward for some reply

    1-Does anybody here who have a 3Gs with att contract had Jailbroke their phone? I DO
    2-Its your phone working fine? no signal lost and wifi working good? Working Perfect
    3-what step did you take before Jailbreak your phone? Nothing really just installed purplera1n and it took care of the rest
    4-its Cydia, intollous and other app working fine on your phone?Yea Surpising everything is working fine and im falling in love with installous and you will too....


    Heres a Pic of my 3GS Screen
    Last edited by Darkhova; 07-07-2009 at 05:31 AM.

  4. #4
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ibh View Post
    I jailbroke my iphone 3gs using geohats purplera1n RC2 (the first one kept crashing on me) and the process went through without any issues. After the phone rebooted there was an icon on the Springboard called Freeze. Clicked on that and installed Cydia. I haven't experienced any signal or wifi issues like others have described.

    The only downside so far is that Winterboard doesn't work but i figure that either geohot (my hero ) will release a version of purplera1n that addresses that issue or the Dev team will. Either way I'll just restore back to 3.0 and start over.

    Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhova View Post

    1-Does anybody here who have a 3Gs with att contract had Jailbroke their phone? I DO
    2-Its your phone working fine? no signal lost and wifi working good? Working Perfect
    3-what step did you take before Jailbreak your phone? Nothing really just installed purplera1n and it took care of the rest
    4-its Cydia, intollous and other app working fine on your phone?Yea Surpising everything is working fine and im falling in love with installous and you will too....


    Heres a Pic of my 3GS Screen
    Thanks guys for your reply. I will try it today.

    Darkhova which version of puplera1n did you used? RC2 ?

  5. #5
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Yea the lastest one

    Yea the lastest one


  6. #6
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Problems after jailbreak

    I jailbroke my phone this past weekend and did a restore last night cause I had a lot problems. Kept getting thrown into safe mode, phone just seemed unstable. Biggest problem however was battery, which is an issue on this phone anyways, but it drained even quicker then usual. I turned off wifi, 3g and push, tried limiting my use and by 5 pm yesterday my battery was down to 19%. I do start the day early at 6am but still unacceptable. I did a full restore and started as a new phone. So far today feels like a big improvement. Left everything on so far 10am I made a point of using my phone and I'm still at 92%.

    I'll try jailbreaking again onece dev team releases theirs but so far this jailbreak was not worth it. Atleast to me it wasn't. I might have done something wrong as I am a complete newbie to the iPhone.

    But if you're having the same issue, horrible battery life, try restoring. It solves my problem.

  7. #7
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattd81 View Post
    I jailbroke my phone this past weekend and did a restore last night cause I had a lot problems. Kept getting thrown into safe mode, phone just seemed unstable. Biggest problem however was battery, which is an issue on this phone anyways, but it drained even quicker then usual. I turned off wifi, 3g and push, tried limiting my use and by 5 pm yesterday my battery was down to 19%. I do start the day early at 6am but still unacceptable. I did a full restore and started as a new phone. So far today feels like a big improvement. Left everything on so far 10am I made a point of using my phone and I'm still at 92%.

    I'll try jailbreaking again onece dev team releases theirs but so far this jailbreak was not worth it. Atleast to me it wasn't. I might have done something wrong as I am a complete newbie to the iPhone.

    But if you're having the same issue, horrible battery life, try restoring. It solves my problem.
    Having same problem with the Battery. But just noted today and i have to tell you i noted after i installed iBlacklist. After i installed iblacklist the restar springboard stook frozen and i had to restart the phone. when phone came on i noted that the battery was half way.... Really extrange since i had the phone pluged into my computer. Any way that was wensday night and today thursday i noted that the battery was drainning quick. i uninstalled iblacklist using cydia but still i see my battery is going quick. Any Help with this? what should i do?

  8. #8
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j2chulo View Post
    1-Does anybody here who have a 3Gs with att contract had Jailbroke their phone?
    2-Its your phone working fine? no signal lost and wifi working good?
    3-what step did you take before Jailbreak your phone?
    4-its Cydia, intollous and other app working fine on your phone?
    1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) backup in itunes
    4) Cydia yes. Never heard of intollous.

  9. #9
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    70
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by risner View Post
    1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) backup in itunes
    4) Cydia yes. Never heard of intollous.
    Does push notification work on your iPhone 3GS, because you are a reagular att customer?
    Working iPhone v2.0 (upgraded OTB 1.1.1)
    O2 Germany
    Call In/Out ► Yes/Yes
    SMS In/Out ► Yes/Yes
    WiFi/EDGE ► Yes/O2 Germany don't have EDGE
    YouTube App ► Yes

  10. #10
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzo87 View Post
    Does push notification work on your iPhone 3GS, because you are a reagular att customer?
    I am a regular AT&T customer, yes. That may be why?


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Winpwn 2.5 Experience
    By I love the Iphone so do u in forum Winpwn
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2008, 09:03 PM
  2. [1.1.2] H/W Unlock - My Experience
    By Andrakus in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 10:29 PM
  3. [1.1.2 OTB] My Experience with HyperCard
    By Sick Mic in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 02:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:33 PM.
twitter, follow us!