Discuss Winpwn or Quickpwn ? for 2.0.x 3G iPhone at the Old *pwn Solutions - Hackint0sh.org; Sorry for the basic questions, i have been out of the loop for a feew ...
Winpwn or Quickpwn ? for 2.0.x 3G iPhone
Sorry for the basic questions, i have been out of the loop for a feew months and so much has progressed!
I have a new 3G on the UK o2 contract. I have taken a look at iClarified but am slightly confused......
1. Quickpwn permits the user to chose Cydia and Installer. Is this option available in Winpwn? Do they both get installed automatically?
2. Any big differences between Quickpwn / Winpwn ... are they both completely reversible if i restore a standard firmware image.
3. How do i ensure the modem baseband doesnt get touched - i.e i only want it jailbroken?
4. Do Winpwn or Quickpwn have baseband options (i.e. to leave untouched)?
Last edited by Rudidudi; 09-03-2008 at 01:53 PM.
1.1.2 OTB (GeoHot Gunlock)--> 1.1.2 to 1.1.4 iLiberty+ Bootneuter --> 2.2 Quickpwn
Operator: previously Vodafone UK now o2 from 3G sim iphone
Call In/Out: Yes/Yes
SMS In/Out: Yes/Yes
Big Willy: Dont be silly !
2.1 3G iPhone O2 --> Quickpwn Jailbreak & yellowsn0w
1. QuickPwn Jailbreaks your phone an allows you to use cydia/installer. Winpwn also adds Cydia/Installer to your phone.
2. 1. QuickPwn only Jailbreaks your phone an allows you to use cydia/installer, without requiring a restore.
WinPwn requires a restore, since you flash the phone with a Custom firmware.
3. Yes, both are completely reversible. If you DFU restore to the original firmware.
4. QuickPwn wont mess with your Baseband, it only jailbreaks the phone.
The latest version of WinPwn will not touch your baseband as well. Itll upgrade to 2.0.2 without upgrading the baseband.
5. In WinPwn, the default noob mode doesnt give the option. Its by default set to not upgrade it.
You can choose to upgrade in the Expert mode.
QuickPwn only jailbreaks the phone. So theres no question about touching the baseband.
downgrade from 2.0.2 to 2.0.1
how do i down grade baseband on iphone 3G from 2.0.2 to 2.0.1, for fear of not being able to unlock in future??
Downgrade your iTunes to 7.7.* from 8, Get your phone into DFU Mode, and do a shift+restore using a pwned firmware.
By skyline_2k7 in forum iPhone 3G
Last Post: 10-30-2008, 01:36 AM
By seghtman in forum Winpwn
Last Post: 10-21-2008, 08:53 PM
By seseberg in forum Old *pwn Solutions
Last Post: 09-08-2008, 06:43 PM