Discuss BELKIN N150 USB WIRELESS DONGLE TUTORIAL (100% Working In OSX) at the Kernel / Kext (Driver) Support - Hackint0sh.org; I DONT TAKE CREDIT FOR THIS GUIDE BUT IT IS NO LONGER ONLINE AND IS ...
BELKIN N150 USB WIRELESS DONGLE TUTORIAL (100% Working In OSX)
I DONT TAKE CREDIT FOR THIS GUIDE BUT IT IS NO LONGER ONLINE AND IS HARD TO FIND ANY TUTORIALS HOW TO MAKE THE BELKIN N150 WORK THIS IS ALL THANKS TO "WILLIAMSEPH97"
Follow these guidelines very carefully!
All The files you will need are here insted of downloading from ralinks page because i think the page is now offline!! CLICK HERE-----> Belkin N150.zip
********* THIS IS HOW YOU GET THE BELKIN F5D8053 WORKING IN OSX 10.5 LEOPARD ***********
1. Download Files Above!
2. Reboot your computer and install the Belkin F5D8053 (N150) in a USB port.
3. Go to System Profiler (About This Mac � More Info), look under USB for the Belkin and write down the Product ID and the
Vendor ID. In my case the Product ID was 0x815c and Vendor ID was 0x050d.
4. Remove the Belkin from the USB port and reboot your computer.
5. Use Textwrangler (free gui for editing kext files by Barebones Software; Google it you'll find it) and open the following file:
6. Search for "<key>Belkin - F5D 8053</key>" (without the quotation marks).
7. Change the Product and Vendor Id�s to what you wrote down earlier. Ex:
<key>idProduct</key> <integer>0x815c</integer> <key>idVendor</key> <integer>0x050d</integer>
8. Close and save the file.
9. Open: /System/Library/Extensions/RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext/Contents/Resources/Info.plist Again, search for Belkin - F5D 8053 and change the Product and Vendor ids, as you did above.
10. Close and save the file.
11. Open terminal and run "sudo -s" (without the quotation marks). 12. Clear out your kernel extension cache, run "kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions" (without the quotation marks).
13. Reboot your computer and insert the Belkin into a USB port, you can now run /Applications/USBWirelessUtility and
configure the card. I go to Accounts in System Preferences and have the USBWirelessUtility launch at startup but usually when you plug in the belkin it boots up automatically!
14. If you are having problems, go to your Network system preference and remove any existing Ethernet settings you may have
Now add a new Ethernet account by clicking on the plus sign in the bottom left of the Network system preference. Reboot and launch USBWirelessUtility. You should have a working wifi now.
OS X thinks the wifi is actually an Ethernet account.
HOPE THIS HELPS EVERYBODY! Please post your results!!
By henrikroxs in forum Kernel / Kext (Driver) Support
Last Post: 03-11-2011, 05:53 PM
By colinthefox in forum Hardware
Last Post: 03-05-2011, 08:20 PM
By Arfer in forum Kernel / Kext (Driver) Support
Last Post: 01-06-2010, 12:56 PM
By cpukid in forum Kernel / Kext (Driver) Support
Last Post: 08-02-2009, 02:40 PM
By motionman95 in forum Archiv (Leopard)
Last Post: 10-26-2008, 01:22 AM