Discuss not connecting to internet at the Kernel / Kext (Driver) Support - Hackint0sh.org; installed iPC os x 10.5.6 nicely, everything works except for my internet. i connect through ...
not connecting to internet
installed iPC os x 10.5.6 nicely, everything works except for my internet. i connect through a ethernet cable to my comcast cable modem. what do i need to do to get my internet to work? doesnt even recognize that i have an ethernet cable plugged in. so i'm assuming i need drivers for it or whatever.
kexts? drivers? i have no idea about this stuff so please give me detailed info, like where to get the drivers/kexts and what to do with them
[quote name='time ed' date='Mar 7 2008, 03:16 AM' post='657399']
I FINALLY got this working!
Here's what you do:
1. cd to System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/
2. add this: 0x27dc8086 to the <string> line below <key>IOPCIMatch</key> in Info.plist
3. cd back to System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext and move or rename AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext
4. delete Extensions.mkexts from System/Library and rebuild kext cache (kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/)
5. repair permissions and reboot
Note: please read these threads to understand which types of 82562v NIC's will work with this fix:
Intel PRO/100 VE NIC - InsanelyMac Forum
no damn clue what any of that type of stuff means lol
intel® 82562V 10/100 Network Connection - Packet Scheduler Miniport (Ethernet, 100Mbs)
By PCristiani in forum General
Last Post: 07-31-2009, 04:10 PM
By hraventos in forum General
Last Post: 03-31-2008, 06:36 PM
By vikschillin in forum General
Last Post: 01-11-2008, 03:13 PM
By Fantomas2264 in forum General
Last Post: 09-23-2007, 09:48 PM