Discuss Low resolution for display, plus more probs... at the Kernel / Kext (Driver) Support - Hackint0sh.org; Hi,
I have installed Leopard dual boot on HP Pavilion DV5 Notebook, 4 GB RAM, ...
Low resolution for display, plus more probs...
I have installed Leopard dual boot on HP Pavilion DV5 Notebook, 4 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS display (it's actually installed on a USB external drive).
Works fairly well BUT a few problems:
1) Display stuck at 1024X720 (can be up to 1200X800). Can I get a new driver anywhere ?
2) The laptop's mouse pad and keyboard don't work (though they did during the installer phase, so there must be drvers that are compatible). Again, can I install new drivers ? Where from ?
I can work with these problems BUT
3) Screen does not refresh correctly e.g. Web page in Safari, drag window and the contents are not moved with it, or refreshed when the drag completes (so have to hide and restore window to get the contents back). Anyone had this problem ? Know a fix ?
Finally, I have an external monitor, which is not detected. Any way to use it ?
Have fixed the problems
Now, keyboard not quite the correct layout.
Anyone help with a kext for keyboard on the HP Pavilion dv5 notebook ?
How about sharing how you fixed the problems so that others with similar problems, like me, can get a jumping off point?
What I did....
1) Problem - mouse trackpad and notebook keyboard fix
Download and run PS2 Controller (PureDarwin)
2) Screen resolution
Use gfxutil to create a EFI string for your display.
I used this tutorial to generate my string
[HOW TO] GFX-EFI Tutorial for NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB (G92) - InsanelyMac Forum
Remember to delete the kexts as mentioned in the tutorial BEFORE rebooting (otherwise you'll get a blackscreen and need to restart in safe mode to delete them).
If you get the string correct, external monitor works and you can extend/mirror your display.
3) WiFi....no solution. Searching all forums, concensus is there will be one soon (I have the Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN) - but my Ethernet works fine :-)
4) Waking from sleep doesn't work...haven't found a solution yet (other than to switch off sleep mode).
By paulofuertes in forum Kernel / Kext (Driver) Support
Last Post: 02-13-2011, 09:11 PM
By frankladen in forum Using Leopard
Last Post: 12-05-2009, 11:27 PM
By thedank420 in forum Kernel / Kext (Driver) Support
Last Post: 09-23-2009, 11:05 PM
By qamri88 in forum Kernel / Kext (Driver) Support
Last Post: 08-18-2009, 11:27 PM
By wlfdgcrkz in forum Hardware
Last Post: 12-12-2007, 01:19 AM
Tags for this Thread