Discuss Intel GMA 950 (Device ID 0x27a2) on VGN C1S at the Kernel / Kext (Driver) Support - Hackint0sh.org; Dear Friends,
After reading alot information and learning many cool stuff - I got OSX ...
Intel GMA 950 (Device ID 0x27a2) on VGN C1S
After reading alot information and learning many cool stuff - I got OSX 10.5.7 fully working on my Sony Vaio VGN-C1S - i also changed the wifi card to have a broadcom one installed!
However I am having a nightmare in managing to install the Intel GMA 950 (Device ID 0x27a2) to have full QE support which I need to have iworks 09 work! The video card is only using software support.
I have tried installing some kexts for the 950, which i found online, but to no results - since when the laptop restarts I am left with a number vertical lines on a white/grey background. I think I have formated this laptop around 10 times in 3 days.
Any help pls? Any patches/kexts or fixes?
Kindly note I have tried the following three proposed solutions:
* Using Drivers Includded in DellEFI 1.2a5. Or upgrade base Kalyway 10.5.2 installation with "iDeneb.upgrade 10.5.7 by darwinux".
* Before rebooting, I reinstalled the appleintelintegratedframebuffer kext using System/Installation/Packages/Patches/GMA950_appleintelintegratedframebuffer.pkg from the Kalyway 10.5.2 CD.
* Otherwise I got a blue screen on reboot with any of the 3 kernel choices on iDeneb upgrade. The iDeneb upgrade should include this package to simplify upgrades for us GMA 950 folk.
* During your Kalyway 10.5.2 installation make sure to pick the Intel 950 driver in custom options, otherwise you will get the same blue screen treatment.
(from Wiki/index.ph...5.7 - OSx86)
Just re-installled my intel D945GCPE (GMA950 0x2772) with iAtkos 5i using stock kernel and stock drivers and EFI string for intel enabled.. I did this even though I knew it wouldnt give true quartz extreme it only says its supported in the profiler but doesnt actually work.. this might not be necessary but I did it anyway..
Then immediately installed 10.5.7 combo update.. The after the restart the system fails to boot completely but automatically reboots again this time successfully.. not sure if this is normal but it happened the first time I tried updating also.. anyway the system is now 10.5.7..
Now to fix the GMA950 i installed this AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext using OSX86Tools.. then rebooted once more.. on startup I had real quartz extreme acceleration and full resolution changing ability.. I havnt noticed any artifacts as yet and all applications seem to be running as they should be..
I dont know where I got this kext from as I've downloaded a million kexts and driver bundles and packages etc in my efforts to get quartz extreme working again but whoever supplied this driver thank you so much..
I've also attached the stock GMA950 (10.5.7) kexts for those that need it but if you have tried as many other kext packages as I have you might be better off with a clean install as my experience was that some packages install other kexts that might give false positives in the system profiler..
Hope this helps the many others like me who struggled getting quartz extreme back after 10.5.7
(from 10.5.7 GMA950 Quartz Extreme issue - InsanelyMac Forum)
3. I also tried this this morning:
"Sorry for my English. smile.gif
0. Stamina Mode (on GMA950), in BIOS turn ON LCD SCREEN EXPANSION
1. Used 10.5.7 iDeneb v1.5
2. On setup NO VIDEO driver selected.
3. after install and boot, deleted all video kexts from /sys/lib/extensions if any, including appleintelframebuffer.kext and all AppleintelGMA950***, NV***, ATI***, GF***
4. NO RESTART
5. Use KextHelper to intsall attached kexts. (gma950 from 10.5.7. and a AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext from 10.4.8 or 10.4.9, don't know for sure)
6. Restarted and that's it! 1280*800, QE/CI Working on internal screen, no artefacts for now."
But once I started the vaio, all I saw was once again vertical lines and garbage! :-(
I don't know waht else to try pls help!
does not seem to work apart from software enabled!
do a -x (Safe Mode) Startup and remove the drivers you installed its the wrong ones
Could you kindly slightly expand on your point? And once I remove the drivers what do I do then?
Thanks for you help.
By akashshinde in forum Kernel / Kext (Driver) Support
Last Post: 11-09-2011, 06:13 AM
By spikegotti in forum Kernel / Kext (Driver) Support
Last Post: 09-04-2009, 12:34 AM
By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
Last Post: 06-23-2009, 06:10 PM
By spikegotti in forum Installation
Last Post: 01-26-2009, 07:15 PM
By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
Last Post: 10-20-2008, 04:50 PM