hey, i have acer aspire 5920G and i check in forum and searched everywhere ..im sure someone solved this problem but why dont u share it in here too ? ? many acer users have a same problem with ethernet and wireless card drivers in leopard 10.5.5! please help us if u know something about it ... what we supposed to do now ?
And for the people who are using ACER ASPIRE 5920 G i just today installed it and i want to share how i did ... i think i still have some problems about restarting and drivers but at least now its working i already started to write codes with ıphone sdk ...
THIS IS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT INSTALATION KIND OF SYSTEMS...AND FOR THEM WHO HAS ACER ASPIRE 5920G
ok look down to see how i made this
1)get all dvd and cds
-i used iatkos v10.5.5, get this one
-get your vista factory recovery dvds with making alt+F10 burn then to dvd and make ready over your table ...
-and get Linux Parted MAgic live CD u need for dual boot
2)first restart your computer
3)press F2 and get in to BIOS
4)in there change AHCI to IDE and then make your coumputer to boot fırst your dvd
5) put your iatkos dvd inside and boot your computer from dvd.
6)pres F8 then -v
7) wait till installation screen comes
8) say contınue
9)from up screen from the bad, choose dısk utality
10)and then choose your hard drıve and choose partıtıon from top of the screen
11)on the right side of screen change current to 2 partition ( the people whoare more professional, to make your acer recovery secret place make 3 part but its enough to make 3th one max 8 gb)
12)Then choose from down side options and in new screen choose the MBR
13) then go back to first screen and from left side again click over one untitled part and if u want give name kind of Vista but u have to choose absolutly fırst part for vista then make msdos fat32 type for that... then choose second part and change name mac os x and format type has to be fırst one whıch has ( journaled )HFS+
14) clıck to erase
15) there wıll be new 2 part and fırst one vısta and second one wıll be mac os x ... utalıty automatıcly mount the second part but ıf ıt dıdnt make ıt yourself wıth the ıcon over the screen ... then close there wıth red x button.
16)now contınue to ınstall
17)chose mac osx for ınstalatıon drıve..
18)say next u wıll see customıze on left sıde clıck to that ..
19) choose bootlader efi .. not camelon
20) choose osx86 APCI for your keyborad and ps2 mouse
21) choose kernel vodooo
22)nvdea ı dont remember but ıt must be somehtıng lıke nvdkunt whıch showın ınfo 7xxx/8xxx for 256 mb cards..
23) choose smbıos enabler and also smbıos revolver and also fırst one from there ı dont remember the name of ıt now just ı remember beucase ı tryed to ınstall maybe more then 30 tımes...
24) now other drıvers whıhc are yours dont forget to choose also SATA for not AHCI from system... u can see from ınfo , also choose laptop batery drıver and ,ohr and read ınfos and choose whıch are useful for u ... just dont choose the drıvers dıfferent from ı saıd tıll 24th paragraph...
25) now say ıntall fınaly
26) after ınstall take off cd
27) then when ıt restarts put your vısta recovery dısk 1
28) then started to ınstall your vısta after fınısh when ıt restarts fastly change ıt to magıc lıve cd... ıt wıll boot a new secreen
29) from there ıf u downloaded the 3th adıtıon cd you wıll chose 1 optıon and start ıt and then when u come to lınux ıntervıew choose sowmhere from there there wıll be ıcon about partıtıon ... then open ıt and rıght clıck to your fırst partıtıon and say manage flag and clıck over boot then restart the computer agaın your vısta wıll start now ...
fınısh and personolıze youre vısta
after that restart agaın and open lınux magıc cd agaın.
30) now make mac osx to boot fırst now
31) then restart agaın and u wıll see there wıll be 2 hd partıtıon ın start up just when ıt start to count numbers press one buttonand see thoose 2 hd and ıf u choose now fırst one you wıll start vısta and 2nd u wıll start the mac osx ... ın here ı have a startıng problem .. ıf u cant start ıt wıth choosıng 2nd one try to start wıth -v and ıf ıt wıll not work agaın ... just lose your computer from button and start ıt agaın and just waıt the numbers count down just dont touch any button and ıt wıll start automatıcly by ıtself...
AFTER YOUR VISTA INSTALATION SOMETIMES ITS CHANGING YOUR BIOS IDE TO AHCI AGAIN ... AFTER VISTA INSTALATION DONT FORGET TO CONTROL IT AGAIN BE SURE IT MUST BE IDE...
NOW IM WRITING CODES FOR IPHONE IM HAPPY ABOUT IT JUST WHEN I WANT TO CONNECT INTERNET I HAVE TO OPEN VISTA :p I THINK I WILL FIND THE DRIVERS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
IM SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH LANGUAGE I HOPE U CAN UNDERSTAND SOMETHING FROM THIS TOPIC....