Discuss [ZiPhone] BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0 at the iPod Touch 1G - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by ricardo1064
there's a fix here...
there is print screen tutorials, along ...
Originally Posted by ricardo1064
This fix only restore the ipod to the original state not jailbreak or anything.. useless
Originally Posted by jetlee2k
Yeah.. this tutorial is useless!
ABOUT THE BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0
hi i was use the ziphone 2.4 to jail break my IPHONE . IS IPHONE NOT ITOUCH.But now is only have the erro message on my iphone.is "BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0" on screan and do not stop showing. plz help me for this prombl. plz i just get my iphone for first week.
i already try to link with itunes but is not working and the itunes cann't find iphone also. plz help me to fix this promble
This is the iPod Touch forum. Please repost in the iPhone forum.
Originally Posted by jacobwin25
Unlocked and sold over 20 iPhones
if you get this error on your iPod Touch most likely you have a 16GB and the ZiPhone won't work.
Use this simple tutorial to get your iPod back into DFU mode otherwise it will keep restarting and start the 'ZiPhone Jailbreak' over and over and then get stuck at 'BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0'
To get iPod back into DFU mode:
If you are still looking for a tutorial to use 1.1.3 firmware with the iPhone apps WITHOUT having to pay $20 then follow this tutorial that I wrote:
Start the tutorial with the iPod in DFU mode
Unlocked and sold over 20 iPhones
I´ve got a 8 GB iTouch but I´ve googled a bit and found no solution...
Last edited by Spencer; 04-12-2008 at 10:43 AM.
working 1.1.4 16gb ipod touch
If you're getting a BSD error when trying to jailbreak your iPod Touch, complete the following to get your iPod working and jailbroken with 1.1.4 firmware. This was done on a mac and you'll need the 1.1.3 firmware update and ziphone
1. connect sync cable to 'broken' iPod
2. open iTunes
3. hold down sleep/wake and home buttons until screen is blank
4. release sleep/wake button ONLY when screen is blank
5. release home button when iPod appears in iTunes
6. press option key + Restore button and select the 1.1.3 firmware file
7. wait for restore to complete
8. go through iPod setup wizard, uncheck automatically sync and click sync to synchronize nothing
9. click on check for update and update the iPod to 1.1.4
10. wait for update to complete
11. click sync to sync nothing
12. Eject iPod and close iTunes
13. Disconnect sync cable from iPod
14. hold down sleep/wake and slide to power off
15. hold down home button and connect sync cable
16. release home button when iTunes logo appears on iPod display
17. open ZiPhone
18. select Jailbreak
19. click Start
20. wait for jailbreak to complete
Job done; fully working, jailbroken iPod Touch running 1.1.4
Things to do after:
1. connect to your wireless network
2. open installer
3. install BDS Subsystem under System
4. install Open SSH under System
5. add the source http://repo.ispazio.net
6. install 1.1.3 / 4 iPod Full Features 2.1 under iSpazio Unlock Tool
Job done; fully working, jailbroken iPod Touch running 1.1.4 with Mail, Google Maps, Weather, Stocks, Notes.
Hope this helps
Followed to the letter the nice riqo22 step by step...
no joy on a 16gb ipod touch
4>Limera1n B1>4.3.2>IOS5 GM>redsnow>JB 5.0
3GS>blackra1n RC3>3.1.2>Spirit>Unlock 3.1.2>Jailbreakme.com>Ultrasn0w 2.0>JB 4.01
3G>redsn0w 0.72>ultrasn0w>Unlock 3.0>pwnage 3.14>JB 3.1.2
2G>hardware unlock>elite-team virginizer>upgrade to 1.1.1>toc2rta JB>anysim 1.1>unlock 1.1.1>Restored to 1.1.3>Ziphone 2.2>Unlock 1.1.3>Modified Ziphone>iClarified unlock patch>Unlocked 1.1.4>QuickPWN>2.0.2>2.1>2.2>2.2.1>redsn0w 0.71>JB 3.0
yeah.. that didn't work for me either
I still get "BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0"
By Salamis in forum iPod Touch 1G
Last Post: 07-05-2008, 11:32 PM
By vitaro in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 05-27-2008, 06:20 PM
By almirf in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 04-17-2008, 05:34 AM
By Iphonelolol in forum General
Last Post: 03-20-2008, 09:16 AM