Please Help With iPhone 3G Restore, 3 Days Worth Of Work
Hi All, I apologize in advance for the long post and hope I am not too annoying to the community. I have been all over the internet at every website I could find trying to find a solution to the issue I am having with my iPhone 3G (I am a Windows 7 user). Please, I beg of you, do not simply post "go back to the Apple Store" or "it's a hardware failure" because I have invested too much time to accept those answers. this iPhone is no longer under warranty, so I am pretty much stuck with fixing this myself.
I have checked many tutorials, videos, forums and everything all over the different Jailbreaking/IOS/Apple/iPhone sites and I am by no means an expert at any of this so please bare with me. Find the issues I am having below and my attempts to resolve the issue.
- Phone is stuck in "EMERGENCY CALL" / RESTORE NEEDED screen.
- SLEEP/POWER button is broken....literally....broken off, no way of pressing it.
- When attempting to restore through iTunes, receive Error Code (23) UNKNOWN ERROR which from what I have read is a very bad one.
- Cannot enter DFU mode due to the missing power button and I have tried auto DFU app's such as Ziphone however I constantly receive error "USBMuxListenerCreate: No error" which prevents the app from connecting to the iPhone at all.
Applications I have used/tried, learning as I go:
The only application that didn't require the DFU mode and (supposedly) ran successfully was "blackra1n" however it did not produce any different results. Sn0wbreeze would error with "invalid IPSW" file no matter which one I chose (it's supposedly does not require DFU), so I could not get a single IPSW to load.
So, to simplify my request, here is what I would love to have answered:
1. Does anyone know how to solve the iTunes error 23?
2. Does anyone know of another way to enter DFU mode without a power button?
3. Does anyone know how to solve the "USBMuxListenerCreate: No error" error when attempting to DFU?
Thanks so much in advance.