iPhone 2G v2.2 --> v3.1.2
I'm new user to this forum but read a lot and would like some advice on upgrading an iPhone 2G (4Gb) from v2.2 to v3.1.2.
I'm on Orange Carrier (France)
As it's the original iPhone, I got the original ATT Card
Why do I want to risk that : It's stable and working fine with 2.2 but it lacks new features and my wife wants them (its her phone, so I better succeed otherwise ---> O:) )
Some stats :
Current iPhone OS : v2.2 (5G77)
Baseband : 04.05.04_G
Hacktivated : YES !
Jailbroken : YES !
Unlocked : YES ! (Orange Carrier)
History of the iPhone : V1.1.2-->v1.1.3-->v2.0-->v2.2
Last time I upgraded it, I used pwnage tool on my Mac. (don't remember which version but it was a year ago)
Now, my mac is on 10.5.8
Itunes is : 9.0.2 (25)
So, what I'm planning to do is :
Create a custom firwmare using latest pwnage tool : 3.1.4
Do a Alt+Restore in Itunes 9.0.2 (25) using custom firmware made by pwnage tool.
What I want to know, is if I'm right with the options asked by Pwnage Tool
Launch pwnage Tool
Click on OK
Click on Expert Mode
Select iPhone 2G
* Activate the Phone : checked (not sure about this as its been previously jailbroken)
* Enable Baseband update : checked (not sure about this as its been previously jailbroken)
* Bootneuter settings : Neuter bootloader checked
* Update baseband unchecked
* Unlock baseband checked
* Auto delete BootNeuter.app checked
* Select openssh package
* Custom packages settings : check Cydia Installer
* No Custom Logos for me ;)
* Click Yes on : already pwned
* Close Pwnage Tool and Alt+Restore in iTunes 9.0.2
Are those steps correct ?
Do I need to put the ATT sim card instead of my orange one ?
By the way, if for some reason iTunes doesnt want to restore at the beginning (some xxxx error) is it possible to reboot the phone and be back on 2.2 as it was (Don't want to be stuck and mess around for a brick ;) )
Thanks for your advice / answers / thougts :)